LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday

16_02_08_LENTCAzT2016

It is Ash Wednesday.  For those bound by the law, it is a day of fasting and abstinence.

With this audio offering, I am beginning a series of daily 5 minute podcasts for Lent.  They are intended to give you a small boost every day, a little encouragement in your own use of this holy season.

I am providing these again this year especially in gratitude to benefactors who help me and this blog.

REMINDER: This evening at 6:30 PM CST, Ash Wednesday, I will say Mass for the intention of my benefactors, that is, people who have donated through the button on the sidebar or who have subscribed each month, and those who have sent items through my wishlists.

This entry was posted in LENTCAzT, Liturgy Science Theatre 3000, PODCAzT and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday

1. iowapapist says:

Thank you Father. Your Lentcazt provided me with inspiration as I embark upon my Lenten journey.

2. Zephyrinus says:

Many thanks, Fr.

Your LENTCAzT is a wonderful aid for The Lenten Journey.

in Domino.

3. Mariana2 says:

Thanks, Father!

Santa Sabina is endlessly fascinating. The windows are of selenite, not glass, and the Crucifixion, on a panel in the doors, is oddly passionless, a first attempt at showing what had happened.

4. cregduff says:

Thank you Father!
    I pray that all have a fruitful Lent.
    Appreciate the Lentcazt’s!

5. Royse87 says:

This made for a great start to Lent for me. Thanks, Father.

6. Nun2OCDS says:

Can we please get 40 days correct? Ash Wednesday thru Sat is 4 days. Weeks 1 thru 5, Monday thru Sat. is 5 X 6 or 30 days; so far 34 days. That means that in Holy Week, we need 6 days (Mon. – Sat.). By this method the Triduum is part of Lent with Easter beginning with the Great Vigil. The Orthodox really have this correct. By starting Lent on a Monday, they have 6 weeks of 6 days each or 36 days and need only 4 days in Holy Week. Lent ends on Thursday evening and the Triduum begins with an evening Mass on Thursday (considered as the beginning of Friday). That is 40 days and then the Triduum.

And yes, I begin my Lenten observance two days before Ash Wednesday! [We Latins do get Lent “right”. You are wrong. But if you want to start your Lenten discipline in December, that’s okay too.]