Not to be missed…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Chris in Maryland 2: That moment in the film is where art becomes worship. Fitting praise for the heroic Son of Man.
- G1j: Our priest had to beg/threat en the congregati on because only a few of us got up after the homily. He took what he could get. Sad state of affairs these days. He threatened that the Mass...
- Charivari Rob: One belated thought 230; It is possible that these relics/sou venirs/mem ento mori (whatever term best suits) would have to be encased (or else cleaned to the point of being...
- bourgja: It seems that we are making this overly complicate d. “Liq uids do not break the fast” ; is a very straightfo rward statement, and manualists such as Noldin list water, milk,...
- capchoirgirl: Yup, same here. Buckets of tears. It’s a perfect moment.
- CradleRevert: I just watched this the other night. That’ ;s the moment that always gets me too. Everything about the scene is perfect: the moment, the editing, the soundtrack . It̵...
- maternalView: Oh my they are beautiful! Brought tears to my eyes.
- SanSan: After Good Friday 3 hr services, we began our Divine Mercy Novena, then returned home to watch The Passion. I’m with you Fr. Z. When He falls and Our Mother run’ s to HimR...
- Gab: Cry, not dry!
- Gab: I just dry through it all.
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father!
- Bonaventurian: I tend to get emotional when He’s praying for them as they drive the nails into His feet and when Mary kisses His feet. I didn’ ;t watch it until late last night because...
- Pius Admirabilis: Father, I have the exact same reaction to the exact same scene! When we see how Jesus falls as a child, and Mary rushes to Him – and then He falls under the Holy Cross and...
- Ms. M-S: Yes. And I think, every time I come to that part in the movie, that it means all of us as well.
- JustaSinner: Listened to your podcast of Stations for priests while praying the prescribed prayer 33 times. Best day this year… ;
- Gab: @ The Egyptian, I don’ t think much of those comments. Seems a bit of envy going on. As for the cost, the aim is to do something beautiful for God, have good quality vestments that last...
- Spinmamma: Yes, that movie is very difficult to watch as I weep through most of it. However, I force myself to watch it every Good Friday. My way of standing with Mary at the foot of the cross.
- The Egyptian: thought you might enjoy Southern Orders blogger Fr. Allan J. McDonald,s posting on your new vestments, especially the comments. https://so uthernorde rspage.blo gspot.com/ 2019/04...
- arcillajohn: So beautiful! !!
- TheBackPew: Ditto, that is my #1 moment as well. And He did.
- Kathleen10: They look terrific. I would especially like them for Marian days because of the blue.
- Kathleen10: Is that the moment when she sees Him as her little boy? Yes, just saying that in my mind makes my eyes water. Every mother sees her baby in that moment and feels her pain.
- Diana: Me too. Such a perfect movie.
- bibi1003: I read at LifeSite News today that 3 days before this man showed up at St. Patrick 217;s, he was arrested for trespassin g at NewarkR 17;s Sacred Heart Cathedral. It was also...
- Charles E Flynn: Amazon.com ’s listing for the DVD Definitive Edition shows a Blu-ray Definitive Edition, but when you click its button, you get the regular Blu-ray. The ASIN for the Blu-ray...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- LENTCAzT 2019 46 – Holy Saturday: The Harrowing of Hell
- POLL: Foot-washing on Holy Thursday where you are – ORDINARY FORM
- “Behold, I make all things new.”
- #GoodFriday and You: Prayers for Holy Souls in Purgatory and Plenary Indulgences
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- Good Friday Reminder: Fasting, Abstaining, and You
- LENTCAzT 2019 45 – Good Friday: The ultimate pulpit
- TMSM: Holy Thursday Mass with the new vestments
- A good article in Crisis about France. Fr. Z adds a short rant.
- LENTCAzT 2019 44 – Holy Thursday: Sin is in the blood
- So a guy with gas cans walks into @StPatsNYC in Midtown Manhattan…
- ARRIVED: Tenebrae Hearse! And a successful bout with Zuhlsdorf’s Law
- PRAYERCAzT: What does the Latin Exorcism really sound like? FOR PRIESTS ONLY – UPDATED
- Fundraising idea for #NotreDame
- VIDEO: Interview with Fr. Jean-Marc Fournier
- WDTPRS – Spy Wednesday, the last Collect of Lent
- VIDEO: Interior of #NotreDame after the fire. WHEW!
- LENTCAzT 2019 43 – Wednesday of Holy Week: In a cataclysm, something must be salvaged.
- VIDEO – The last rite in #NotreDame was… this?
- About #NotreDame and the fire and the altar. Just sayin’…
- Fr. Z rants about #NotreDame fire and the Faith in the Church’s “eldest daughter”
- Inside burning #NotreDame a human chain saved relics, Blessed Sacrament. Fr. Jean-Marc Fournier – OORAH!
- Happy Birthday, Benedict XVI! Ad multos vivas faustissimos annos
- LENTCAzT 2019 42 – Tuesday of Holy Week: It wasn’t a suggestion
- An early ALLELUIA for the vaulting of #NotreDame – It held!
- Fire – roof of Notre Dame of Paris – Will this shock awaken the Faith?
- LENTCAzT 2019 41 – Monday of Holy Week: Cleansing costs
- POLL: @GameOfThrones – Final Season #GoTS8
- Your Palm Sunday Sermon Notes
- LENTCAzT 2019 40 – Palm Sunday: Something borrowed
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Monthly Archives: April 2016
Here is this week’s Collect, for the 6th Sunday of Easter in the Ordinary Form: Fac nos, omnipotens Deus, hos laetitiae dies, quos in honorem Domini resurgentis exsequimur, affectu sedulo celebrare, ut quod recordatione percurrimus semper in opere teneamus. This … Continue reading
In the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite, on Sunday 1 May we celebrate the Feast of St Joseph, Opifex or Worker. We don’t ignore the 5th Sunday after Easter, of course (6th Sunday of Easter in the Novus Ordo): … Continue reading
I spotted a cool article at CNS about four Italian sisters who helped to map a half million stars for the Vatican’s part in a vast mapping project. Mapping with the stars: Nuns instrumental in Vatican celestial survey VATICAN CITY … Continue reading
At my home parish of St. Agnes in St. Paul, MN, there are orchestral Masses (Mozart, Schubert, Haydn, Beethoven, etc.) on 30 Sundays of the year, along with Gregorian chant Propers. This year they added a Mass to the repertory. … Continue reading
UPDATE: All proceeds from the CD will go to building projects that the nuns have. HELP THEM BUILD! At CRUX there is a piece about the sisters. Check it out. […] Many of the nuns, ranging in age from 18 … Continue reading
A weasel can chew through a cable and knock out a particle accelerator, but I can’t chew through an egg salad sandwich. I had what might be called a “dental emergency”. I knocked off the distal cusp of a mandibular molar. Thus, pulling … Continue reading
“Even if the Pope were Satan incarnate, we ought not to raise up our heads against him” – St. Catherine of Siena
Today is the – in the post-Conciliar, modern, non-traditional – Ordinary Form – Novus Ordo Calendar – Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, Patroness of Europe and named by Paul VI as Doctor of the Church. Thus, her life and … Continue reading
UPDATE: Spaemann’s interview is now in English. HERE We are all suffering from Amoris defatigatio, I know. But as the days and weeks pile up in the wake of Pope Francis Post-Synodal Apostolic Exhortation, and many and varying accounts and interpretations of … Continue reading
I am back at The Cupboard Under The Stairs again after my exile for reasons of the total power down of the building for a few days. The electricity is flowing, but it is still dark in here. But that’s another … Continue reading
Today is the Dies Natalis of St. Gianna Beretta Molla (+28 April 1962 at 39 years of age). That is to say that St. Gianna died and was born into heaven today (thus, “birthday… dies natalis”). I have posted this before, … Continue reading
I’m not sure who Katy Perry is, though I have heard the name. I think she may be a pop tart. In any event, here is a strange story about her and some nuns in a property dispute. And it … Continue reading
From History… On this day in 4977 B.C., the universe is created, according to German mathematician and astronomer Johannes Kepler, considered a founder of modern science. Kepler is best known for his theories explaining the motion of planets. Kepler was … Continue reading
In this PODCAzT I read for you the open letter by Bishop Athanasius Schneider, Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese of St Mary in Astana, Kazakhstan. It seems that it was originally released in Italian, but it was subsequently translated into … Continue reading
On the way to my ride home. Delta is being it’s usual pokey self, so there was more time for supper. It was time for Chinese food in Queens. Dan dan noodles. Xiao Long Bao… the stuff of dreams. … Continue reading
Voice of the Family has an approved English translation of Bp. Athanasius Schneider’s comments on Amoris Laetitia. HERE It is important that everyone read this, agree or not. He adds an important perspective. I have already quoted from one part in … Continue reading