Search Fr. Z’s Blog
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Kerry: After the word “Pea ce”, and before the “Ame n”, they omitted, “ 230;inde venturus est judicare vivos et mortuos 221;.
- Charles E Flynn: From FSSP Ordination in Providence , Rhode Island, October 26: On Saturday, October 26th, the Rev. William Rock, a deacon of the FSSP, will be ordained to the Priesthood by His...
- kurtmasur: The sad part is that under Francis, this type of satire is not funny̷ 0;. in fact, it’s very realistic. It might even give Francis and his cronies new ideas. Yikes̷ 0;.
- tho: Pope Francis is trying to do for the church what Peron did for Argentina. I have read, that it was said, that before Peron, Argentina was on the verge of becoming the Switzerlan d of South...
- MaHrad: A 29 year old here so not pre-Vatica n II. But I enjoy seeing priests in their cassock. To me, maybe because it is so counter cultural, it brings a sense of calm in the form of a remin...
- RLseven: Some see propaganda in this prayer, but I’m quiet certain that whoever the person or group is that wrote this prayer did so with heartfelt intention. I believe God hears/rece ives...
- Gab: The detail, the intricacie s, the craftsmans hip in the Spada chapel – just breathtaki ng. What a beautiful monument to God. It always amazes me how a sculptor can make stone and marble...
- Amerikaner: Predicted at Garabandal – “som ething like a schismR 21; and a synod serves as a pre-warnin g.
- beelady: Thank you for this, Father. I found it very interestin g. I hope that Fr. Weinandy is correct and catholic women are part of the solution. I for one, am ready and willing to fight!
- Spade: My dad worked with a visiting Italian guy for a bit and he was shocked that Americans sent cash and checks through the US postal service.
- AA Cunningham: We acknowledg e the diverse and abundant gifts of our country 217;s Indigenous Peoples.(s ic) Correction : We acknowledg e the diverse and abundant gifts of our country 217;s...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): I just finished Christus Vincit yesterday. It is indeed a very important book. If you haven’t got it…g et it. And read it.
- Philmont237: FrAnt, Geographer here. When the word “earth” is referring to the planet Earth then it is properly capitalize d. However, I agreed With you. I don’t think that this is what they are...
- teomatteo: I suppose that one’ s bishop will signal if he is apart of the ‘int ernal papal schmatic churchR 17;. He will get promoted and move on and the rest of us pray for a...
- Ms. M-S: Okay, pray to Jupiter Pluvius, Great Mystery, even Vesuvius. Crank religion from trees Or wherever you please But its provenance still remains dubious. If only one knew how to stop This...
- mysticalrose: I am almost finished the book and it has done me so much spiritual good. We’ve been gaslighted for so long that you start to think that maybe we’re just… ;wrong. Christus Vincit...
- Spinmamma: Another post filled with beauty (thank you so much for the close up photos of the details) , history, tradition and faithfulne ss. How jarring to see the juxtaposit ion of the “...
- acardnal: Good stuff! Thank you.
- Suburbanbanshee: Glad you are feeling better. Being sick while traveling stinks. OTOH, as long as you are not exhausted by it, all that walking and breathing and real incense has to help! The...
- FrAnt: In the Indigenous Peoples 217; prayer, the word “Ear th” is capitalize d, and not proceeded by the determiner “the ” like what follows, “the waters, etc.. Is...
- SanSan: I’m currently finishing Cardinal Sarah̵ 7;s book and Bishop Schneider& #8217;s book. Both readings cannot be rushed. So much to meditate on. God bless all those Princes of the...
- FN: I just finished reading it. Wonderful book. I particular ly liked the parts about angels and Fatima. This should be read by all who care about Truth clearly and beautifull y expressed! Bishop...
- Dad of Six: Looking forward to the 2019 Call to Holiness Conference and Pontifical Mass (October 26th and 27th) with Cardinal Burke. Only eleven more days!
- Kevin: Wow! Three of the best Princes of the Church! And what are they wearing? Are they permitted to wear those in public? :) I just received Bishop Schneider& #8217;s book… ;as soon as I...
- Sue in soCal: Beautiful churches. Sad to see some do not appreciate the beauty of the churches or the beauty of reverent liturgy. Beautiful people. What a blessing to be at such a meeting with some...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- 2016: Ecumenical Exchange Program with winged Mayan snake god Kukulkan
- PODCAzT 178: Fr. Weinandy and the possible “Internal Papal Schism”
- Bp. Schneider’s talk at the presentation of the book: Christus Vincit
- ROME DAY 12: Chapels Stupid and Stupendous, Important Book and Talks
- ACTION ITEM! Baptismal Font for Rome’s Traditional Parish – UPDATE
- ROME DAY 11: Butchers, Roman Rosary, and an Odd Dessert
- ROME DAY 10: Conference, Requiem and Guts
- ASK FATHER: When could priests wear casual attire?
- ROME DAY 9: Campo, Clams and a Canonization Sonnet
- ASK FATHER: How to protest, perhaps in Rome?
- ASK FATHER: Cocktail advice for Our Lady of Victory
- ROME DAY 8: Bridges, Inscriptions, Cheeses
- Mass for Benefactors ,11 Oct, and Requiem
- “Supertradmum” (Marie Dean): R.I.P.
- ROME DAY 7: Weird Amazon Stuff, Death and a Spatula
- The Holy See: Goat Rodeo
- #AmazonSynod, optional celibacy, divorced and remarried priests, and Amoris Laetitia
- ROME DAY 6: Twisty Tower, Tuna, and “Tini”
- “Amazon rite” proposed at Amazon Synod: more condescension to follow
- A priest opines on the effect of optional priestly celibacy
- Amazon Synod and deaconettes?
- ROME DAY 5: Marks, Medieval Lions, and Mussolini Trees
- #AmazonSynod -1st attack on the Priesthood: The Cassock
- INDULGENCE 1st Sunday of October – Supplication to O.L. of Pompeii
- ROME DAY 4: Carbonara, Caravaggio, altar idiocy
- ROME DAY 3: The Bones of Borgia Popes
- Freemasonic, Gnostic, Satanic influences, tactics
- ASK FATHER: How to “activate” or “invoke” the Sacrament of Confirmation?
- Mere days after meeting with Jesuit homosexualist, Francis witnesses pagan ceremony in garden
- ACTION ITEM! Fr. Z calls for prayer, fasting in defense of the Church
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Monthly Archives: April 2016
Here is this week’s Collect, for the 6th Sunday of Easter in the Ordinary Form: Fac nos, omnipotens Deus, hos laetitiae dies, quos in honorem Domini resurgentis exsequimur, affectu sedulo celebrare, ut quod recordatione percurrimus semper in opere teneamus. This … Continue reading
I spotted a cool article at CNS about four Italian sisters who helped to map a half million stars for the Vatican’s part in a vast mapping project. Mapping with the stars: Nuns instrumental in Vatican celestial survey VATICAN CITY … Continue reading
At my home parish of St. Agnes in St. Paul, MN, there are orchestral Masses (Mozart, Schubert, Haydn, Beethoven, etc.) on 30 Sundays of the year, along with Gregorian chant Propers. This year they added a Mass to the repertory. … Continue reading
UPDATE: All proceeds from the CD will go to building projects that the nuns have. HELP THEM BUILD! At CRUX there is a piece about the sisters. Check it out. […] Many of the nuns, ranging in age from 18 … Continue reading
A weasel can chew through a cable and knock out a particle accelerator, but I can’t chew through an egg salad sandwich. I had what might be called a “dental emergency”. I knocked off the distal cusp of a mandibular molar. Thus, pulling … Continue reading
“Even if the Pope were Satan incarnate, we ought not to raise up our heads against him” – St. Catherine of Siena
Today is the – in the post-Conciliar, modern, non-traditional – Ordinary Form – Novus Ordo Calendar – Feast of St. Catherine of Siena, Patroness of Europe and named by Paul VI as Doctor of the Church. Thus, her life and … Continue reading
UPDATE: Spaemann’s interview is now in English. HERE We are all suffering from Amoris defatigatio, I know. But as the days and weeks pile up in the wake of Pope Francis Post-Synodal Apostolic Exhortation, and many and varying accounts and interpretations of … Continue reading
I am back at The Cupboard Under The Stairs again after my exile for reasons of the total power down of the building for a few days. The electricity is flowing, but it is still dark in here. But that’s another … Continue reading
Today is the Dies Natalis of St. Gianna Beretta Molla (+28 April 1962 at 39 years of age). That is to say that St. Gianna died and was born into heaven today (thus, “birthday… dies natalis”). I have posted this before, … Continue reading
I’m not sure who Katy Perry is, though I have heard the name. I think she may be a pop tart. In any event, here is a strange story about her and some nuns in a property dispute. And it … Continue reading
From History… On this day in 4977 B.C., the universe is created, according to German mathematician and astronomer Johannes Kepler, considered a founder of modern science. Kepler is best known for his theories explaining the motion of planets. Kepler was … Continue reading
In this PODCAzT I read for you the open letter by Bishop Athanasius Schneider, Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese of St Mary in Astana, Kazakhstan. It seems that it was originally released in Italian, but it was subsequently translated into … Continue reading
On the way to my ride home. Delta is being it’s usual pokey self, so there was more time for supper. It was time for Chinese food in Queens. Dan dan noodles. Xiao Long Bao… the stuff of dreams. … Continue reading
Voice of the Family has an approved English translation of Bp. Athanasius Schneider’s comments on Amoris Laetitia. HERE It is important that everyone read this, agree or not. He adds an important perspective. I have already quoted from one part in … Continue reading