Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- teachermom24: The best marriage prep I have found is from a celibate priest, Karol Wojtyla, in his book Love and Responsibi lity.
- Greg Hlatky: Always nice to see priests looking priestly.
- TonyO: The number of children being born to practicing Catholics will outstrip those being born to liberals. True. But not as telling a point as we could wish: it is not only the family you are...
- TonyO: I don’ t know what country Julia_Augu sta comes from, but it sure wasn’ ;t the United States. In the States, the heavy-beat mantra (in earlier days) on men was to provide for...
- JesusFreak84: *indictmen ts sorry for spelling
- jhayes: Fr. Kelly wrote: I ask you, upon what evidence do you say that these three are not the same woman? In her liturgy and teaching of the Father, the Church has very much identified them for...
- Kerry: Wisdom from David Warren, April of 2014. https://ww w.davidwar renonline. com/2014/0 2/15/breed ing-instru ctions-rev isited/
- JesusFreak84: I’m just glad to read the comments above that sexual assault doesn̵ 7;t exclude a women from embracing this vocation. I’m not a victim of such a ghastly crime, thank...
- JesusFreak84: How much of the leftwing bend on Bishops staying around longer has to do with what type of man WANTS that kind of power? I know that, for most of the traditiona l priests I’...
- JesusFreak84: TLM, Canon preached about whether we’r e investing as much in our spiritual future as we do in our financial futures. (I might have smirked, having $0 saved for retirement at...
- JesusFreak84: Julia_Augu sta, abuse is a valid reason for a woman to leave her husband. (Not to divorce him, of course, but to physically separate.) Your analogies fail for the same reasons mass...
- Suburbanbanshee: If we went back to pre-Trent practices of laypeople fasting from sex during all fasting times̷ 0;. But the Church tried to be nice.
- Julia_Augusta: EmilB, I agree that abortion on demand is not the answer. But the Pill is, for many women. They have a husband who refuses to control himself. She is required to “submit to her...
- GM Thobe: It is important to note that marriage has as a primary end the procreatio n and education of children, and as subordinat e ends mutual aid and the quieting of concupisce nce. So begett...
- KateD: I inform my children that priests are princes of the Kingdom of Heaven right here on Earth. And… Jesus said in Heaven there is no marriage or divorce, so isn’ t it appropriat e...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: southernpr iest: You might try Archbp. Carroll 217;s great prayer! HERE
- southernpriest: Beautiful prayer for priests, and I am going to put it in my bulletin. We recently had a past pastor, and a friend of mine, removed for accusation s with a young man; so it is even...
- iPadre: I think the left out two words! “Dis regard for” Humanae Vitae̵ 7;s ban on contracept ion causes human suffering. Think of all the young people who have become intrenched in...
- KateD: Omigosh! Chesterton 63! Right?!? Respectful ly, Kevin Cardinal Ferrall, is mistaken. I tell my children they will be called to either religious or married life. What is most important is to...
- hwriggles4: Here’ ;s another thing too, and good priests notice this: Catholic marriages are down considerab ly. Dioceses often keep statistics on this. Here are a few observatio ns as to why:...
- Ave Maria: These writers and this paper are a scandal and a scourge upon the earth and they lead souls astray which is gravely sinful.
- thomistking: @Julia_Aug usta: Catholics aren’ ;t consequent ialists. No amount of bemoaning consequenc es or what the clergy preach about changes that Catholics believe some acts can never be...
- EmilB: Julia_Augu sta, you make a valid point. That situation MUST be addressed in the areas of the world where that culture is embedded. Women are not to be abused in any way. We, as good Christ...
- thomistking: ‘Mos t priests were taught three models of female sexuality: the pure and holy virgin, the chaste mother who only engages in sex for the sake of conceiving a child, or the wanton...
- Kevin: I am currently reading “The Sayings of the Desert Fathers: The Alphabetic al Collection ”. This is a quote from St. Anthony the Great from the 4th Century. “A time is coming when...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Cobblestones, new vestments, and swag for Zed Heads
- ACTION ITEM! Spiritual Bouquet for Bp. Morlino
- More shallow, angry, cliché feminist rubbish from Fishwrap
- The demographics of church participation are shifting.
- ACTION ITEM! Urgent prayer request for a priest
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “St Swithin’s day if thou be fair…”
- What priests can – with credibility – do in marriage preparation
- French stones and soutanes
- US Association of Consecrated Virgins condemns confusing new rules from Holy See
- What could possibly go wrong?
- ¡Hagan lío! in Poland. Young, and raising hell…. correction… razing Hell.
- WDTPRS – 15th Ordinary Sunday: We can stray off the path to the right or to the left.
- 12 July: Sts. Louis Martin and Marie-Azélie Guérin
- Does “Beans” @MassimoFaggioli undermine ‘Humanae vitae’?
- ASK FATHER: Mom baptized my child in the bathtub
- INTERESTING UPDATE – Pope Francis phones Gianni Vattimo, philosopher of “weak thought”
- SSPX ELECTS NEW SUPERIOR GENERAL – UPDATED
- Ex ore infantium perfecisti laudem
- ASK FATHER: Should a priest have a day off?
- ASK FATHER: Traditional Latin Mass in a Protestant church?
- Madame Defarge (@MichaelSWinters) is upset that people don’t find the Terror – applied to real people today – very funny.
- A little bright spot for your day, a discrete packet of energy for your mind.
- Fr. Perrone: The greatest weapon within the grasp of every Catholic is the keeping of a well-ordered soul
- “We have to learn how to be Roman priests again.” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Left freaks out over SCOTUS pick. Hilarious tweets ensue.
- New FSSP Superior General elected, SSPX is gathered, CSJC … we shall see.
- A mosque at the site of the Battle of Tours!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 07/07/07 – Summorum Pontificum 11 years on – WORK HARDER!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Monthly Archives: June 2016
I’ll pass this along…
From the Chancellor of the Diocese of Madison:
With this email I convey the dispensation of the Most Rev. Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison, granted to any of those who assist piously in the Pontifical Mass for … Continue reading
Yesterday, the Vigil of Peter and Paul, was the 2nd anniversary of ISIS (which Pres. Obama – what a guy – called the “JV team”) declaring a “caliphate”.
Dates are important to Christians. Dates are important to Islamic terrorists. They attack on … Continue reading
The Collect for the Novus Ordo the the Mass of the Solemnity of Sts Peter and Paul is in part inspired by that of the parallel prayer in the 1962 Missale Romanum. However, it seems also to be a new creation, though … Continue reading
A Communique from the SSPX’s chief, Bp. Bernard Fellay, with my now oft-imitated, legendary treatment:
At the conclusion of the meeting of the major superiors of the Society of Saint Pius X that was held in Switzerland, from June 25 to 28, … Continue reading
From a reader…
I have been watching the Holy Father offer Mass for the feast of St. Peter and St. Paul. It appears that he is wearing a maniple! HERE
I first notice it at 31:32.
Okay… let’s have a look. I provide the … Continue reading
During this Fortnight For Freedom we observe (not celebrate!) the Vigil of the Feast of Sts. Peter and Paul.
Vigils in the liturgical calendar are not just reminders that tomorrow is a feast. They are also reminders to prepare for the feast! … Continue reading
You might find this interesting. Nigel Farage, who spearheaded Brexit, addressed European Parliament.
Below is part of the transcript Farage’s speech to the European Parliament on 28 June (FULL HERE):
Isn’t it funny? When I came here 17 years ago and I … Continue reading
One of you kind readers sent me a link to a video of the 1st Mass on Trinity Sunday in 1954 of Fr. Gerald Coates. The video was posted by the Tower Convent School (in West Sussex, founded in 1903 by … Continue reading
The assault on religious liberty, indeed on the first two Amendments, continues today with another SCOTUS decision.
Just one day after issuing a major ruling striking down a portion of a pro-life law in Texas saving thousands of babies from abortion … Continue reading
Benedict XVI, cent’anni, doesn’t appear in public very often. He just gave his first public address since his resignation in the Sala Clementina (alas, not from the central, raised chair). Benedict appeared on the occasion of his 65th anniversary of ordination to … Continue reading
Justice Clarence Thomas dissented today.
In his dissent to the SCOTUS majority opinion in WHOLE WOMAN’S HEALTH v. HELLERSTEDT Thomas wrote about the false principles they are using, and have been using.
Here are a few excerpts from his 16 page dissent:
Ultimately, … Continue reading
I enjoyed my visits to Tokyo immensely. Especially fun was coming up with captions for the public safety posters in the subway.
Not to be outdone, LA has this safety video.
Note that the other passenger looks down at the dismembered … Continue reading
The usual unusual suspects are over the moon that Pope Francis made comments about “gays” (I detest the twisting of that once fine word) where else but on an airplane. Other suspects are shredding their garments.
Frankly, this is much ado … Continue reading
From a reader… which I am turning over to the readership!
Whenever someone passes away, I obviously get them a Mass card. What’s weird is lately rectories do not have them anymore. I understand having a mass said for someone is … Continue reading