Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- teomatteo: No. I am not going to believe that a bishop would use the medical profession in a way to purposely compromise another personR 17;s integrity. That is just too diabolical to believe. I...
- Sawyer: Yeah, I’ve heard about Gregory. Lots of people have. No secret there.
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): The liberals have weaponized obedience, while exempting themselves from its strictures .
- Christine: What if there was a group of lawyers and psychologi sts that formed something similar to the Home School Legal Defense Associatio n but specifical ly for traditiona l priests that are...
- rdowhower: I don’ t think it’s inexplicab le that Gregory would invite him. It’s quite obvious. Perhaps Fr. Z was winking when he wrote that line.
- teachermom24: How would one (ç est moi) who happens to be in Rome at this time find you? I just ordered my ticket for the Friday meeting.
- MrsMacD: For the S family to pay down their debt. For Fr. C who seems to be having a personal crisis of some kind. For the J family, who’ s baby is still in intensive care and in a coma after...
- aviva meriam: Deo Gratias for prayers answered. I pray daily for priests in particular for the two priests crucial for their guidance and assistance in my reversion. (Fr. JS and Fr. PI) Please pray...
- SPWang: “Sen d your diocesan donations to the TMSM. Money and bad press are about the only things some of these people understand .” This is not a silly idea. The formation, or use of a...
- Michael: Please pray mightily for RR whose body has severe chemical and food allergies and sensitivit ies to the point where only 5-6 foods can be eaten and tolerated and which has caused a weight...
- Kathleen10: I’m a middle-age d woman and my income is absolutely key. I’ve had to work hard all my adult life and there never has been enough money, I’m always behind and strugg...
- Ivan: “ 230;incrim inated by “jus tice” ;, for having posted this “vio lent” ; photo ([about ISIS] even if already seen and published) , now the Prosecutor ̵...
- frjimt: beautiful& #8230; so many wonderful & inspiring saints.. reminds me of bl margaret of castello 8230; today is also the feast of st cleopas of emmaus.. a wonderful patron for travel...
- Letholdus: On par with Church of Scientolog y intimidati on tactics 230;
- fr.ignatius: This is a really important topic Fr. You are right, this is huge and the thing is, as has been mentioned in the comments, they are applying the same method to seminarian s. I saw it...
- Nicholas: As someone who is discerning the priesthood , how can I know where is safe? I want to serve the Church, but I don’t know where I actually can.
- Unwilling: As a status rei data point: I am utterly devastated reading the actions analyzed by Fr Z. Overwhelme d. Bouleversé . Lachrimand us.
- eymard: Question: If Fr. Kalchik 217;s faculties are removed by Cupich, can Fr. Kalchik be invited into another diocese with restoratio n of faculties? Could Bishop Morlino bring him in? What is...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae II: What would happen if conservati ve and traditiona l priests who are targeted by their bishops in this way, instead hired attorneys and arranged to have their own psych...
- Sol: Eoin OBolguidhi r: Some sound advice there, thanks! As a university professor, I can attest to the importance of what you are talking about: cover all your bases, because bureaucrat s and...
- Ultrarunner: If US bishops are behaving like communist revolution aries towards priests, it’s because American priests took an oath of obedience to them and surrendere d their rights under...
- tho: The Catholic laity has no way of telling which bishop or diocese is mistreatin g their traditiona list, or it’s priests in general. We need a strong, well respected layman, who would...
- Eoin OBolguidhir: SCOTUS said: “May be there needs to be a similar organisati on for priests who prefer to say the Novus Ordo Mass.̶ 1; I wonder if something organized along the lines of...
- Nathan: This strikes me as something that good Catholic journalist s might want to pursue. I’m wondering what a little sunlight on the use of psychiatri c referral as a tool for persecutin g...
- Malta: I would say this to Priests whose bishops ask them to go in for a mental eval. Ignore them, and appeal to the Vatican; there still are some good Bishops in the Council [Congregat ionR...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 25 September: Bl. Herman “the Cripple”
- In Atlanta protests about @JamesMartinSJ upcoming talk – #sodoclericalism
- Read and weep: Soviet style “psych” tactics used against priests by bishops.
- When they claim “Clericalism!”, they really mean #sodoclericalism
- My View For Awhile: Humidity Edition
- ASK FATHER: Is a Communion plate or paten a “sacred vessel”?
- OCTOBER – ROME – Annual #SumPont2018 Pilgrimage
- Thanks to Augustus on his birthday and to the Cohors Italicus
- If government leaders in China can now choose bishops, then in these USA…
- Francis trades quips with Polish photographer in Vilnius
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Archbp. Chaput of @ArchPhilly on upcoming Synod’s working document. Concerns.
- UPDATE – @ArchChicago parish burns a “rainbow flag”
- THIS IS WAR! Wherein Fr. Z calls on bishops and priests to FIGHT BACK as priests and bishops!
- Akita, Communion in the hand, and homosexuality
- Card. Zen on the “Provisional Agreement” with the PRC on Bishops
- WDTPRS – 25th Ordinary Sunday: Each love fuels the other, when love of God is first.
- VIDEO: Fr. Murray on aspects of The Present Crisis
- ASK FATHER: Adding water to Holy Water
- ASK FATHER: If in letters Benedict XVI imparts still the Apostolic Blessing…
- A story of spectacular complexity, involving shady people, huge money, interlocking directorates, vast loans, and the Papal Foundation.
- One Mad Mom spanks James Martin, LGBTSJ – UPDATED
- Bishop R. Walker Nickless of Sioux City on #ViganoTestimony
- And now a word from our sponsor…
- BOOKS RECEIVED: Vatican I: The Council and the Making of the Ultramontane Church
- The upcoming Synod’s “working document”
- ASK FATHER: Should we pray for or against the success of the Synod?
- What passes for important today.
- YOU are other people. It’s always someone else… until it’s YOU.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Monthly Archives: August 2016
I have quite a bit of driving in store for me on Thursday. That means that I won’t be able to check the moderation queue as often as I can when I am not on the road.
Folks, I’m sorry about … Continue reading
Today it was announced that Pope Francis created a “Dicastery for Promoting Integral Human Development” through a Motu Proprio published on today in L’Osservatore Romano. More from Vatican Radio HERE.
The Dicastery will come into effect on 1 January 2017 and … Continue reading
From a reader…
My brother, who was baptized in the Catholic Church as an infant and received the sacraments of Holy Communion and Confirmation at the usual ages for our diocese, was received into the Greek Orthodox church by chrismation in … Continue reading
Some of you denizens of these USA might be experiencing a buzz in your head as we approach the Labor Day weekend. You have, perhaps, lots of preparations for this unofficial end of summer activities which have to be squeezed … Continue reading
Tomorrow I head “up north”. I will take my wonderful portable altar made by St. Joseph’s Apprentice.
During my time “up north” I will say Mass for the intention of my benefactors (regular monthly and occasional donors, people who send stuff from … Continue reading
What’s your nightmare?
Explanation: Admire the beauty but fear the beast. The beauty is the aurora overhead, here taking the form of great green spiral, seen between picturesque clouds with the bright Moon to the side and stars in the … Continue reading
From a reader…
As the anniversary of 9/11 approaches I would like to have mass said for the members of the NYPD and FDNY who died on 9/11. Sadly, when added up that means several hundred names. Can a priest simply … Continue reading
From a reader… and please note that when I get emails with strings of questions I usually delete them instantly. Answering this is an exception to the rule, which I indicate clearly on the ASK FATHER form. If ya’ll want me … Continue reading
From a reader…
So a friend of mine who’s familiar with the old Mass but doesn’t offer it mentioned that you could fulfill your Sunday obligation (in the EF) so long as you arrived by the lifting of the veil and … Continue reading
A reader sent:
Father: When the Pope is saying “human person at center”, I think this article might explain the thinking. [The serendipitous article in question is from today’s page at Crisis.]
Person as opposed to power and goods (at center) and … Continue reading
Speaking of St. John the Baptist, here is what the print (and digital) readers of the UK’s best Catholic weekly the Catholic Herald were able to read in the present issue:
We celebrate liturgically the births of Our Lord (25 December), His … Continue reading
From a reader…
How are we supposed to remain Catholic in these days?
A commission to study women deacons, after 2-3 previous studies said no? Beg forgiveness from gays? As if the Church was ever wrong to oppose the vice I’ve struggled with my … Continue reading
Today is the feast of the Beheading of John the Baptist.
I consider this (also) my name day, and in so many ways it is more appropriate for me than the Nativity of John in June.
The date of this feast has … Continue reading