Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Nicholas: “a group of Dominican nuns in suburban Milwaukee hired security guards to keep more than two dozen anti-gay protesters off their property where they were hosting a retreat for gay clerg...
- Clinton R.: If the world hate you, know ye, that it hath hated me before you. John 15:18 The world indeed will hate those who adhere to the teachings of Christ and His Holy Catholic Church. The...
- SPWang: “*we ather it” DYAC
- SPWang: I’m surprised the TLM wasn’ ;t mentioned. It means they (the old guard) don’ t understand fully the battle in front of them. This sort of stuff is great. Just whether it as...
- KateD: LGBTQ Catholic? As if there were such a thing. You can put antelope horns on a taxidermie d jackrabbit , and call it a jackalope, but it in reality no such critter exists. These folks have...
- HvonBlumenthal: Unwanted sexual advances constitute sexual harassment . This is universall y recognised as a principle and applied especially at places of work and education. When a man joins a...
- Johann: Leftists are a bunch of hypocrites who actually have no problem with violence themselves (witness the attack on Tucker Carlson 217;s home where his wife had to hide in a locked closet...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Indeed. One could one one’ s polymer frame. Something like this, or something nicer.
- hwriggles4: About six years ago, our good pastor (who is now a bishop) published an article in our monthly newsletter on how sick calls are handled. This way if a parishione r was going in for an...
- FrAnt: This coordinate d attack on conservati ve Catholics is laying the ground work for the expulsion of any priest who doesn’t think as the Left does. This could also lead to the suppressio n of...
- hwriggles4: There was a vote taken on Tuesday or Wednesday by the USCCB that resulted 137 to 83. I would like to see these votes to see which bishops were for or against. By the way, I do applaud...
- Olecrochet: I agree but perhaps we should add that we are behind them and will support them any way we can. Maybe free legal advice? Giving them a voice on our blogs? Shelter? I have no idea really...
- tzard: You could get a custom stipple job on your polymer-fr amed gun.
- tzard: Notice he said he went to confession DURING Mass! How nice to have that rare option.
- Cafea Fruor: Not being able to reach a priest 24/7 sounds like great motivation for going to confession frequently and so that, should an emergency arise and you can’ t get to a priest,...
- gdweber: We use the sun to mark the hours of the day, the moon to measure the seasons (?), and the stars to navigate by night. Thus when “the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give...
- APX: I would not assume a hospital will have an arrangemen t in place to provide priests, even if it is advertisin g itself as a Catholic I was in the ER and my friend who took me there asked the...
- Rob83: I would not assume a hospital will have an arrangemen t in place to provide priests, even if it is advertisin g itself as a Catholic hospital. A few years ago, despite their website saying a...
- fishonthehill: sorry about the spelling 8230;̶ 1;extent 8221;. I’m a bad speller I went to Catholic school all my life!
- fishonthehill: Curate, I guess it the issue has to do with perspectiv e. The parish I grew up in had a something like a police call box outside the rectory front door (hoot-n-ho ller line), that...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Gripen says: And to think that you call yourself a traditiona list. I don’ t very often call myself that. I’m doing my best to be Catholic which, by definition ,...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Fr. Ferguson, you hit the mark dead on. I don’ t know how many times I’ve written here that the TLM folks have to be the FIRST in the parish to volunteer. They have...
- Gripen: “(I am not one of them.)R 21; For shame, Father, for shame! And to think that you call yourself a traditiona list.
- mbarry: Yesss!!!! This link is what I have been looking for. Thank goodness someone finally posted this. !!!!
- MrsMacD: I forgot about the lack of vocations. I guess that’ ;s going to have an enormous impact on the availabili ty of the last rites with the baby boomers and priests getting older and...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Dinosaur Media attack on Catholics who uphold Faith and Morals
- ASK FATHER: My priest doesn’t carry the “emergency phone”
- Sweetheart Grips and Fortune’s Wheel
- ASK FATHER: Absolution from a heretical priest and then going to Communion
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- To Prelates: “Don’t Pee on My Leg and Tell Me It’s Raining.”
- Pre-Post Thanksgiving, Pre-Post Christmas Shopping
- ASK FATHER: Could the Church make “communal services” the norm for the Sacrament of Penance?
- UPDATED BRICK BY BRICK in Florida! New Sunday TLM established.
- Latin-less Priests and Homeschoolers – UPDATED
- More Jesuit antics in that ‘caput malorum omnium’ the Church in Germany
- ASK FATHER: Could Latin be suppressed? Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Wherein Fr. Z rants
- A solid “state of the question” VIDEO about The Present Crisis
- In how many ways is this creepy?
- HEADS WILL ROLL! A new “You won’t believe your eyes ugly” altar
- Why homosexualists hate Papa Ratzinger so much.
- My View For Awhile: Delayed Edition & Fr. Z’s Kitchen
- Solipsistic, self-aggrandizing @FatherRosica dares to vet Catholic news sources
- ASK FATHER: “I am doubting that the current Catholic Church is the Church it has always claimed to be”
- Strange Signs, the End Times and YOU
- A reader’s first impressions on attending the Extraordinary Form
- Horrifying Big Business Abortion Ad
- US Bishop begin 2018 November meeting: PRAY & FAST!
- Another really bad idea: Communion Pills
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – UPDATED
- Another group of women destroyed by the Vatican Congregation for Religious
- 100th Armistice Day, Veterans Day, Remembrance Day ACTION ITEM!
- @JamesMartinSJ shovels scandalous rubbish to justify sin
- WDTPRS – 32nd Ordinary Sunday: Our Identity and Extreme Ownership
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Daily Archives: 5 August 2016
To paraphrase Trotsky, you might not be interested in war, but war is interested in you.
At Christianity Today there is a sobering piece every leader in the Church should read. My emphases.
Islamic State attacks Pope, says its war against Christians is most … Continue reading
So, the 2016 Summer Olympics are upon us. The opening ceremony is tonight. There are various controversies going on.
Controversies aside, are you going to watch any of the events?
For my part, I’ll use my DVR to record swathes that I … Continue reading
Because of the great esteem I have for you, I want to remind you all that today is International Beer Day.
I can’t think of a better way to commemorate this day than to… well, other than sending me a donation… than to … Continue reading
Pope Liberius (352-366) was Bishop of Rome in difficult times. In 350 Constans was assassinated and Constantius became the sole Emperor by defeating Magnentius. Some bishops in the East who opposed St. Athanasius in Egypt appealed to Liberius to get … Continue reading