Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- exNOAAman: Annunciati on not Assumption . I really buggered that didn’ ;t I?
- exNOAAman: Has anyone noted that 25 March is Greek Independen ce Day? Also Maryland Day. Because of the BVM. I suspect that if the modern legislatur e realized the state is named for St. Mary; and...
- Louis Mountbatten: I’ve had enough, of him and this entire hierarchy. Expel and excommunic ate the heretics and restore our worship to its traditiona l forms. Then just maybe the sodomi...
- HvonBlumenthal: Not long ago, as a Knight of Malta I greeted a chaplain of the order and attempted to kiss his hand, as I do the hands of all priests. He snatched his hand away and said “No, no,...
- stpetric: I recently celebrated Mass at the central Catholic church in Istanbul — where Christians are 1% of the population , and Catholics are a minority of that 1%. Where we in America have...
- Jerome Charles: BBC reports that per Vatican tv footage, many people greeted the Pope during that event and kissed his ring. So, I don’ t think we can assume that it’s the Pope’ ;s...
- Kerry: “ 230;part of who God created me to be”. The Image of God part, or the Likeness of God part?
- Kerry: ” A spokesman for the Charles Schulz syndicate said Lucy was ‘amu sed’ at Charlie Brown̵ 7;s reaction when she jerked the football away” ;.
- Kathleen10: These men are emptying the church and with this type of unloading, locking the door too. People have their own crosses and burdens in life, there is so much misery out here, the last...
- Jerome Charles: “Fur thermore, if he can live with “integrity ” after this, then it could very well be that he will have a far higher place in heaven than I ever will. He has been offered a...
- Kathleen10: A few years ago a kind priest blessed an object I had brought to church. He didn’ ;t know me, I didn’ ;t know him. I was grateful, and had the impulse to kiss his hand, and...
- Fr Martin Fox: What makes this egregious is the way it was done. If the Holy Father did not wish to have his hand kissed — perhaps he has pain or feels awkward about a rash — then the...
- Marine Mom: For to carry burdens without complaint and without letting the whole world know about them, to face personal problems without casting them on to others backs; this is to be responsibl e...
- Richard_amdg: Having considered the difference s between the two images, I think His Holiness resisted the faithful at Loreto because they were not appropriat ely attired. Isn’ t it obvious?
- haydn seeker: In full charity, videos on the internet aren’ ;t always what they appear, as the Covington Catholic saga showed. Apparently plenty of people did kiss the papal ring at Loreto...
- Fr. Kelly: What is a little unnerving is that this scene occurs after the Annunciati on Mass at the Holy House of Loreto you can see it beginning about 1:12:19 on the video that Fr. Z posted below....
- The Cobbler: Having just read Dietrich von Hildebrand ’s “My Battle Against HitlerR 21; (werenR 17;t you recommendi ng that a while back, Father?), I have a hunch that triumph...
- JamesM: I know of several EF Vigils celebrated at similar times. The reason being that they are celebrated in ChurchR 17;s where there is already an OF Vigil being celebrated . They work with...
- Ave Maria: Jesuit priest as a ‘spi ritual director 8217;? What could go wrong?
- OrdinaryCatholic: I have a serious question. Why or what is it about the Jesuits that makes them so contrarian to the Catholic Faith? When did this start? Why did it start? I’m serious here,...
- lordhavemercy: My spiritual director, thank you Lord for him, is very orthodox wears the cassock, and celebrates the Tridentine Mass, also gets similar horrible letters about him sent to him...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): Thank you for these. I seem to get my rear in gear and on the road for work faster when I listen to these first thing in the morning.
- JustaSinner: Yes the homosexual s wrecked that word AND stole the rainbow!
- AA Cunningham: An Extraordin ary Form Solemn High Mass was celebrated at The Cathedral Basilica of the Immaculate Conception in Denver last night offered by Father Mason Fraley with Father Joseph...
- THREEHEARTS: does not the Catholic Church, as opposed to the catholic church, teach that you cannot have the virtue of charity without the virtue of religion and vice versa. This was taught in...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Catholics and the kissing of rings… or not. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Jesuit-run homosexualist Amerika’s latest pro-sodomy blasphemy
- LENTCAzT 2019 21 – Tuesday of the 3rd Week of Lent: From the very threshold
- ALERT! Registration queue
- ASK FATHER: How early can the Easter Vigil begin?
- VIDEO: Francis’ Mass ad orientem at Loreto and… something else
- 25 March: Feast of The Good Thief, St. Dismas
- LENTCAzT 2019 20 – Monday of the 3rd Week of Lent: The angel’s greeting to Mary
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Pasta e ceci … with a quiz
- ASK FATHER: Bishop forces priest to use table altar instead of high altar for Extraordinary Form
- LENTCAzT 2019 19 – 3rd Sunday of Lent: Mass is not a souvenir
- Vicious letter to a young, faithful priest
- LENTCAzT 2019 18 – Saturday in the 2nd Week: God chooses the weak
- STOP THE PRESSES: Young people sing in the Illinois State Capitol
- Study Commission: no evidence women were ordained to the diaconate
- Your Good News – UPDATED
- Dots to connect
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- LENTCAzT 2019 17 – Friday in the 2nd Week: The most efficacious devotion?
- Wherein Fr. Z makes an appeal to the readership
- “Dear Fathers, dear seminarians…” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- LENTCAzT 2019 16 – Thursday in the 2nd Week: “Don’t give me heaven! Instead give me…”
- George Weigel on “Two Georges” and future persecution
- Francis’ Triduum Schedule: strange lacuna
- Bp. Schneider: On the question of a heretical pope
- ASK FATHER: Father doses off during Mass
- LENTCAzT 2019 15 – Wednesday in the 2nd Week: Card. Burke
- Officially BADASS CATHOLIC PHOTO
- Germany: More dissent from nuns
- “Te, Ioseph celebrent”, a hymn in honor of the Terror of Demons
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Monthly Archives: November 2016
I say the older form of the Office and I often listen to the Office sung by the Benedictine monks at Le Barroux. Just for nice, here is Exultet caelum laudibus, hymn for Vespers for St. Andrew the Apostle, sung … Continue reading
From a often amusing EOTT: Vatican Offering Cyber Monday 50% Off Sale On All Indulgences Even though far more Catholics shopped online than in churches on Black Friday weekend, they are apparently not done yet. A new EOTT survey released … Continue reading
Run click, don’t walk click, to Crisis today to read Thomas J. Craughwell’s outstanding piece about St. Aloysius Gonzaga, a Jesuit saint (yes, there are some and they were amazing – shall we ever see their like again?) of high nobility … Continue reading
If you use Twitter, will you consider following @fatherz ? Thanks in advance!
Some are calling today #GivingTuesday May I suggest two good options? First, the Tridentine Mass Society of the Diocese of Madison, of which I am President, has been doing great work. It has 501(c)(3) status. Also, I have posted quite a … Continue reading
Everyone… since it is “Cyber Monday” and your email is being flooded with offers, may I remind you that you can help some great religions (and a priest)? When you Christmas shop online, pretty please use my Amazon search box? I’ll get a … Continue reading
The use of blue vestments during Advent has been dying out for several years as the aging hippies drop. However, inspired by Pope Francis, perhaps we shouldn’t be so rigid and just – what the heck – use them anyway? … Continue reading
In the wake of the confused and confusing elements in Chapter 8 of Amoris laetitia and in light of the Five Dubia submitted by the Four Cardinals, and in view of the remarks made by Card. Burke about what would possibly need … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Can a Bishop give a permanent Deacon (Military Ordinariate) the authority to administer the Sacrament of the Sick? NO! One hundred times… NO! Deacons are not able to administer Anointing of the Sick. Only the sacerdos (which term … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Father, last year we began attending a more traditional parish in our diocese. It struck me just today that I’ve never seen our deacon at Mass without a dalmatic, whereas we saw the deacon frequently without … Continue reading
For the sake of a wider audience, the latest from the Benedictine “Beer” Monks of Norcia, where the terrible recent earthquakes changed, and ended, lives. […] All of Norcia is the same; it’s like a war zone. There are military … Continue reading
Was there a good point made in the sermon you heard for your Mass of obligation? For my part, I had both EF and OF today, including a 1st Holy Communion. Nice. I spoke about the liturgical year and its … Continue reading
At The Catholic Thing there is a piece by David Warren which merits attention. Warren had been to the presentation of a new book about Bl. Clemens August Card. von Galen, the “Lion of Munster” who famously stood up in the public … Continue reading