Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Here's Fr. Z's
"catholic" search for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- teomatteo: Age? All I know if I had to carve that by hand-by my self- i’d be really old.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ACTION ITEM! Pray for important pro-life SCOTUS case! Arguments on 20 March.
- A charming 15th century view of St. Joseph
- My View For Awhile: Northward
- Author of “The Dictator Pope” revealed (officially) and book format now available
- LENTCAzT 2018 34 – Monday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: sin makes you stoopid
- ASK FATHER: Absolution at jail through glass, phone in visitor’s room
- The fruits of dumbing everything down, down, ever down.
- REALLY BAD NEWS from St. John Cantius in Chicago – @SJCantius
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes and Passion Sunday POLL: veils on images
- LENTCAzT 2018 33 – 1st Passion Sunday, 5th of Lent: marked with the light of Thy countenance
- Dumb down liturgy. Great idea, right?
- UPDATE: Even more comes about The Letter™: additional missing text
- FSSP North America Blog
- WDTPRS 5th Sunday of Lent: Undergoing liturgical death
- “Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,…” The Lorica of St Patrick
- LENTCAzT 2018 32 – Saturday in the 4th Week of Lent: ungenerous, unscrupulous
- UPDATES – More of and about The Letter™ of Benedict XVI on the booklets
- Fr. Stravinskas breaks it down to the essential
- The Three Days of Darkness 2018 are underway in LA!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- LENTCAzT 2018 31 – Friday in the 4th Week of Lent: Innocence, Penitence, Priesthood
- ASK FATHER: Blessing objects through plastic wrapper, box, etc.
- UPDATE – JUST TOO COOL! Battle Flag of LEPANTO reproduction available!
- Card. Kasper: homosexual relationships are analogous to marriages
- LENTCAzT 2018 30 – Thursday in the 4th Week of Lent: Priests and confidence
- NEEDFUL BOOKS NOTICE and a maternal CHALLENGE COIN update
- A “digital” Synod?
- LENTCAzT 2018 29 – Wednesday in the 4th Week of Lent: Suicidal Secularization v. The Mass
- My View For Awhile: Maternal Edition
- UK: 29 April 2018 – Rosary on the Coast – London Oratory Trip to Ramsgate
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
GREAT causes to support
Please follow me on Twitter!
A book by an old friend…
Daily Archives: 28 November 2016
Everyone… since it is “Cyber Monday” and your email is being flooded with offers, may I remind you that you can help some great religions (and a priest)?
When you Christmas shop online, pretty please use my Amazon search box? I’ll get a small … Continue reading
The use of blue vestments during Advent has been dying out for several years as the aging hippies drop. However, inspired by Pope Francis, perhaps we shouldn’t be so rigid and just – what the heck – use them anyway?
Let’s … Continue reading
In the wake of the confused and confusing elements in Chapter 8 of Amoris laetitia and in light of the Five Dubia submitted by the Four Cardinals, and in view of the remarks made by Card. Burke about what would possibly need … Continue reading
From a reader…
Can a Bishop give a permanent Deacon (Military Ordinariate) the authority to administer the Sacrament of the Sick?
NO! One hundred times… NO!
Deacons are not able to administer Anointing of the Sick.
Only the sacerdos (which term includes both priest and bishop) can … Continue reading
From a reader…
Father, last year we began attending a more traditional parish in our diocese. It struck me just today that I’ve never seen our deacon at Mass without a dalmatic, whereas we saw the deacon frequently without a dalmatic … Continue reading
For the sake of a wider audience, the latest from the Benedictine “Beer” Monks of Norcia, where the terrible recent earthquakes changed, and ended, lives.
All of Norcia is the same; it’s like a war zone. There are military and firefighter … Continue reading