HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Andrew: Saint Robert Bellarmine , bishop and doctor of the Church, from the Society of Jesus, who assesed the theologica l controvers ies of his time in a peculiar and subtle fashion. After he...
- Godisgood: Precisely so we can be purged of our attachment to anything other than God and to “pay ” the temporal punishment due to the sins which have been forgiven. Frankly, I think...
- Godisgood: Beautiful!
- Godisgood: Well said!
- Benedict Joseph: “Dia bolical plot.̶ 1; That’ ;s it in a nutshell with no ambiguity. The truth straight up. The Rosary is every day for years. Five more Oreos in the bag. When they...
- sendero: WmHesch; A catholic conference with priests and laity meet in a Holiday Inn combined conference rooms in Ohio annually. Why do bishops deserve differentl y? Are they not against the second...
- Julia_Augusta: I’m starting with the Ember Days – Sept 18, 20 and 21. [How about a decade of the Rosary every day and one day of fasting per week?]
- JonathanTX: Only a handful of bishops are speaking out about the dangers of the Amazon Synod.. out of 5501 living bishops in the world. Are the rest complicit with the goals of the working docume...
- tho: If God forgets our sins why do we have Purgatory?
- Chris Garton-Zavesky: I’m in, but I have a clarificat ion. If one prays the familyR 17;s rosary for this intention, and doesn̵ 7;t pray a separate, distinct decade, does this satisfy...
- Gab: Dumb question but is the call to recite one decade of the Holy Rosary meant in addition to the daily Rosary already said?
- Benedict Joseph: Veritas vincit is referencin g an event in the lives of Saint Margaret Mary and the Jesuit Saint Claude de la Colombière . Picture this in the context of the great revelation of...
- Gaetano: Our pastor sent a parish-wid e email about this. We are doing it together as a family.
- matcast: When the Pope was talking about God “for getting 221; our sins, I didn’ ;t interpret it as He “for gets” ; our sins like one forgets where he or she put his or her...
- carndt: I’m in and started today.
- carndt: Going to a lecture on Spiritual Warfare at my parish tonight. Will definitely announce this.
- Elizabeth Rose: I am in, too
- maternalView: There̵ 7;s a cute little meme going around that says “whe n people bring up your past tell them Jesus stopped the charges. ” When my friends post that I respond...
- Ellen: I’m in for this.
- FN: I use FB profession ally, and do not have the option of quitting at the moment. I purposely attempt to scramble their data on me with random behavior outside the scope of my actual profess...
- SanSan: www.mylife .com is an eye openerR 30;… background check on anyone and everyone 8211;every thing from social media that you have ever been apart of is there for all to see. You...
- Glennonite: “In war, there are no lies… ;only stratagems .” 8211;Hanni bal Smith (the A-Team), quoting U.S. Grant
- GregB: I’ve never been a member of Facebook, and only rarely go there. Their ever shape-shif ting privacy policies gives me the creeps. From what I’ve read employers will often take...
- Grant M: As King T’Ch alla would say, we don’ t do that here.
- BenFischer: I thought Jesus said as much in the Divine Mercy visions (or another visionary) . St Faustian or whoever was stressing about a previously confessed sin and Jesus told her “do not be...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Initiative of Prayer and Fasting from now through October 2019 (and the Synod)
- St. Robert Bellarmine – Pray for us! Help us with your teaching and example!
- ASK FATHER: Did Francis say something heretical about God and our sins?
- Blinky light shoes at Mass
- ASK FATHER: Should I “poison” by Facebook account?
- Of “schism” and the abolition of the USCCB
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 7th Sorrow – The Burial of Jesus
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 6th Sorrow – The Piercing of the Side of Jesus, and His Deposition.
- Jesuit-run Amerika aims at Francis’ “detractors”. Incoherence ensues.
- @JamesMartinSJ and internet bullying
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 5th Sorrow – The Crucifixion of Jesus
- Mind-blowing profundity at the reconstituted John Paul II Institute 2.0
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- VIDEO: Fr. Murray, Prof. Royal on EWTN on Francis’ latest PPP (Papal Plane Presser) comments
- @FatherZ responds to @PhilipPullella of Reuters about the Holy Spirit and the elections of Popes
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 4th Sorrow – Mary meets Jesus on the way to Calvary
- “This is the time God chose for us. Get up off the ground!” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- A roundup on Francis and “schism”
- What is the TMSM up to? Spiffing new BLACK vestments! Photos.
- Australia: New legislation – priests must violate the Seal or face jail
- What the papalatrous are doing with the term “schism”
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 3rd Sorrow – The loss of the Child Jesus in Jerusalem
- “How are they down, how have they fallen down Those great strong towers of ice and steel”?
- Your Good News
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 2nd Sorrow – The Flight into Egypt
- Tech advice from readers about new computer
- “The Church of priests is coming to an end.” What’s really going on.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Monthly Archives: June 2017
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Canonically speaking, if a Pope emeritus were alive at the time of the conclave to elect his successor’s successor, given he was a Cardinal and Pontiff, may he vote if he were under 80 years old? … Continue reading
There is a long standing political tool employed to eliminate opposition which is associated with the past, or a defeated regime. You can see evidence of this tool all around Rome, in monuments both ancient and recent. It is called damnatio memoriae… … Continue reading
UPDATE: I got another confirmation from a separate source that Card. Müller is, indeed, out as of Monday. It will be interesting to see where he lands. UPDATE: What is scary are the names my spies and I are bandying … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I recently went to confession in one of those open style baroque confessionals. Afterwards, I found someone directly outside the confessional (where she would have heard what was said by both parties). I confronted her about … Continue reading
Something at the SSPX website caught my eye. Here is a photo from a story of the profession of vows of some sisters associated with the SSPX: “Two American Postulants Join the Consoling Sisters of the Sacred Heart in Italy” … Continue reading
Fama volat, it is said. No aphorism is truer than this when it comes to Rome all the way back to Virgil, who coined it. So, reminding everyone that we are in the realm of Rumor, I’ve been exchanging texts with … Continue reading
A few days ago Vatican Insider, at La Stampa, run by the ultimate Italian weather vane Andrea Tornielli, supplied a piece against the Four Cardinals of the Five Dubia (and against anyone who agrees that more clarity is needed) by … Continue reading
At Crisis there is a masterful explanation of the most recent US Supreme Court decision which upheld (7-2) religious liberty. On days like today, we need some GOOD news. I won’t do anything with it here. You should go there … Continue reading
CWR: Interview with Bp. Paprocki about decree on regarding same-sex “marriage”and “related pastoral issues”
Catholic World Report has published an interview with Bp. Thomas Paprocki of Springfield in Illinois. This is a followup to the vicious and undeserved criticism that the homosexualists have rained down on the bishop since he promulgated particular law for … Continue reading
Great VIDEO @ActonInstitute – @DrSamuelGregg on threats faced by religious believers around the world
Here is a sample of the content of Acton University. Description: Samuel Gregg, Director of Research at the Acton Institute, delivers the opening plenary lecture of Acton University 2017 at DeVos Place in downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan. Gregg’s lecture focuses … Continue reading
Pope Francis held a consistory to create five new Cardinals. A media rep sent out an explanatory email including the following helpful note: The new Cardinals, according to the order of creation, knelt before the Holy Father who imposed on them the … Continue reading
Please run, don’t walk, to These Stone Walls, the blog of Fr. Gordon MacCrae, unjustly jailed and innocent of crimes against minors. It’s a long read, and a lurid in many ways, but it reveals the slimy underside of the Accuse–a-Priest … Continue reading
My friend Fr. Gerald Murray, frequent contributor at The Catholic Thing and quite simply the best clerical TV commentator around (EWTN has to kick its game up to deserve him). Fr. Murray has offered comments about Amoris laetitia one year after its … Continue reading
Anything written by Edward Feser is reliable and worth time. He recently joined forces with Joseph M. Bessette to create a new book exploring Catholic teaching about the hotly discussed “death penalty”. James V. Schall, S.J. says of this book: … Continue reading