For my “Just Too Cool” Fun File

Speaking of Challenge Coins and speaking of Amazon (as I did HERE), here’s more fun.

One of you kind readers, MA, sent a madeleine pan from my main Wish List. Many thanks, MA!

This is how the pan arrived.

17_07_18_stuff_02

Hmmm, that doesn’t look right, does it?

17_07_18_stuff_04

Nope, definitely not quite right.  It’s as bent as a Jesuit’s logic.

Just how they managed to do this is anybody’s guess.

Anybody?

I got on the blower with Amazon Customer Care, explained that it arrive bent at a right angle, and the kind, efficient drone worker on the other end sent me a new one.

Yes, that’s more like it.

17_07_18_stuff_06

More fun stuff came today.

Remember the post about the guy at NASA who is using my links to buy stuff they need for … building… space stuff?  They order all their nerf balls and t-shirt cannons from my search box.  I guess that make me an auxiliary “ad hoc” contributory technical support adviser for NASA.  In any event, I sent a “Challenge Coin” and got these in return.

17_07_18_stuff_05

But wait!  There’s more!

I also received these great certificates, which should go into my CV right away.  I’ve been waiting for the first one for years (NB the date).

17_07_18_stuff_03

It was a trick getting this one, I can tell you, given that the Space Shuttle doesn’t fly anymore.

17_07_18_stuff_01

Yes, another day, another weapon mastered.

Maybe the JPL can figure out how that madeleine pan got so bent out of shape.

This entry was posted in Just Too Cool, Lighter fare and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to For my “Just Too Cool” Fun File

1. RJ Sciurus says:

They can work on the pan after they learn how to spell your name.

2. RJ Sciurus says: after they learn how to spell your name.

Yah, I saw that. But I suspect that there isn’t a Fr. Zulsdorf out there.

3. av8er says:

The challenge coin has space shuttle metal and the door gunner certificates….
    Way too cool!!!

4. Charles E Flynn says:

If Proust had received such a bent pan, he would have written sixty pages about it.

5. Suburbanbanshee says:

I was just at one of the three Korean-aimed groceries in my neighborhood. They had some kind of manju that had a madeleine outside and a sweet white bean or red bean filling inside.

So if you get bored with making the standard madeleines, you can go Korean too!

6. Legisperitus says:

Amazon, home of the Procrustean Box.

7. APX says:

It looks like they tried to stuff it into a mailbox. It’s the exact shape and size. See, this is why mail has to be marked “do not bend” even if it seems obvious.

8. graytown says:

Now we need a good recipe

9. Phil_NL says:

How?

Well, a ricochet of this one perhaps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ElNjgZCDpQ

Of course, Fr Z will be installing this system outside the Fishwrap offices soon. Best to shoot down incoming just after it’s launched, not just before impact.

10. jlduskey says:

More than a quarter century ago, I worked for CM Products/Chicago Metallic, for a short time.
    The Amazon listing for this Madeline item indicates the country of origin is China. But items like this (and some other Chicago Metallic items as listed on Amazon) were formerly made in the Chicago area. Sometime when I see you in person, I can tell you about my experience.
    Right now, I really believe they are making/marketing some good quality products, and the bent pan is a result of damage in shipping.

11. my kidz mom says:

“It’s as bent as a Jesuit’s logic.”

ROFL ;-)

12. JustaSinner says:

Do Chemical Oxygen Iodine lasers kick much? As they are light based, I’m assuming that leading your target is a thing of the past. How many shots until the O2I tanks are depleted? Can you give wattage specs or is that classified?

[Sorry, but this is all “classified”. Since I’m not a Dimocrat presidential candidate that still means something to me. I can say, however. That you get a serious “kick” outta shooting one. Maybe not the same kind of “kick” the recipient gets.]

13. Ben Kenobi says:

Since when are Jesuits “bent to the right”? It’s obvious that Trump’s personal magnetism is so strong that he’s causing even otherwise sturdy plans to flux. You’ve got a relic, Father!

14. Ben Kenobi says: