Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Liz: p.s. We will add the first priest to our list of priests we pray for as well.
- richiedel: Maureen is very likely operating from the assumption that the young priest thrives in his orthodoxy by the approval of others around him, as from that from his own little cabal of rad...
- Liz: This is so so awful, and yes, I still want my son(s) to be priest(s) (in “dre sses” ;)! Sometimes my motherR 17;s heart gets a little squeamish, but I know God will take care of...
- Patrick71: Let’ s also pray for Maureen and all our Catholic brothers and sisters who have been so deceived (often by their shepherds) all these years.
- HvonBlumenthal: Peter Ignotus: we can only judge by Maureen’s own account. If he mishandled the situation you would think she would mention how. Since her only complaints relate to matters of...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Fr. Heilman says: ,”th e crowd̶ 1; seemed to look on, filming with their cell phones (so to speak) while the priest was beaten. Everyone, take note of that. Take...
- Semper Gumby: This poor woman sounds like a typical pagan: angered by “cle rical dress̶ 1; and blaming “all the wars in history 221; on “rel igious change. 221; Quite a...
- frjimt: a wise old priest (rip)̷ 0; taught me this valuable lesson: if you don’ t have people complainin g, disciples aren’ ;t being formed! 230; then he’d add: dont forget,...
- Patrick71: Let’ s all send a message of thanks to our faithful priests and sisters today.
- Dismas: With every passing moment, the icy hands of “The Demographi c Solution 8221; inches closer. But this does make me wonder if this Maureen intends to run against Susan for the parish...
- Ave Maria: Church and false church. Why not go Anglican as there are all the false church stuff these old ones want. I recall visiting a liberal aunt of mine and going to a daily Mass in their...
- Peter Ignotus: I would be careful not to lionize Fr. Rynne too much just yet. [There is always one. And he does it anonymousl y, too.] He was a few years ahead of me in seminary and, although I had...
- The Egyptian: democrat ???
- RJBennett: I’m an American, a faithful Catholic, and I’ve lived in Germany for nearly thirty years. Maybe I’m fooling myself, but I really think that there̵ 7;s hardly any...
- Fr. Richard Heilman: I’m so glad this is being brought out into the light. Virtually all of us priests have experience d many “Mau reens̶ 1; in our efforts to correct abuses and...
- Lurker 59: If you have a faithful parish priest, remember to thank him — he gets more flak than you realize.
- FrAnt: Awwww, did someone get wrapped on the hand by sister in 3rd grade and has built a life around the scolding?
- Fern: Old enough to have lived in the “bef ore” and “aft er” of all the changes in the Church, I can respectful ly say the writer of that letter must have been asleep as the...
- Charles E Flynn: Oh no, Maureen played the Taliban card.
- dinsdale: “ 230;in this day and age.” ; This reminds me of an old quote (I don’ t remember who it is from) – Why is it that whenever someone doesn̵ 7;t know what...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Benedict Joseph says: Archbishop “Mau reen” ; Right! As one present-da y Archbishop told me many years ago, about clergy, “The re are old women of both sexes....
- Benedict Joseph: One is left to wonder why an individual who shoulders such a sense of hatred for the faith would wish to have any engagement with even its post-conci liar expression . What is she...
- Suburbanbanshee: Seriously? Of all the potential grievances , she goes on for paragraphs about the cassock and collar? Sounds like this is a case where you just keep wearing the cassock until it...
- CasaSanBruno: Good news: Beginning on Ash Wednesday, as a 40 Days for Life action, we have been in front of the local abortion mill. Many priests present, lots of laity – all prayerful. I do...
- Joe in Canada: We should also consider the possibilit y that we’v e been spoiled for the last several decades, by intelligen t Popes.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Vicious letter to a young, faithful priest
- LENTCAzT 2019 18 – Saturday in the 2nd Week: God chooses the weak
- STOP THE PRESSES: Young people sing in the Illinois State Capitol
- Study Commission: no evidence women were ordained to the diaconate
- Your Good News – UPDATED
- Dots to connect
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- LENTCAzT 2019 17 – Friday in the 2nd Week: The most efficacious devotion?
- Wherein Fr. Z makes an appeal to the readership
- “Dear Fathers, dear seminarians…” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- LENTCAzT 2019 16 – Thursday in the 2nd Week: “Don’t give me heaven! Instead give me…”
- George Weigel on “Two Georges” and future persecution
- Francis’ Triduum Schedule: strange lacuna
- Bp. Schneider: On the question of a heretical pope
- ASK FATHER: Father doses off during Mass
- LENTCAzT 2019 15 – Wednesday in the 2nd Week: Card. Burke
- Officially BADASS CATHOLIC PHOTO
- Germany: More dissent from nuns
- “Te, Ioseph celebrent”, a hymn in honor of the Terror of Demons
- CRISIS: Keen analysis of the implosion of the German Church
- LENTCAzT 2019 14 – Tuesday in the 2nd Week: Glorious St. Joseph!
- Lighter fare
- Wherein Fr. Z rants about Hell and sin and Enemy of the soul
- LENTCAzT 2019 13 – Monday in the 2nd Week: Kneeling at Mass, its actual liturgical function
- “You just want the 1950’s back!”
- ASK FATHER: How can eating desserts during Lent be fasting? Would Jesus eat desserts?
- News from the great Benedictines at Norcia: building, dogs, liturgy, beer
- ASK FATHER: A question about a marriage situation (not mine)
- How to spot a good preacher
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Daily Archives: 3 October 2017
On the topic of Challenge Coins, I received a text from an NYPD cop who will be at tonight’s game between the noble small-market, well-deserving Twins and the arrogant, effete, big-market hated Yankees. He is, woe betide, unrepenting in his support … Continue reading
We need a fuller, wider more dedicated implementation of Benedict XVI’s great gift to the Church, Summorum Pontificum. Why? Via CARA on Twitter: US Catholics haven’t become more religiously active with age. Stay with habits of young adulthood. Other Christians … Continue reading
Recently Massimo “Beans” Faggioli has attempted to stir up a pingle and, with it, attention for himself, by denigrating our Catholic Tradition – nay, rather – by denigrating the people who desire our Catholic Tradition. His latest clickbait shtick, which … Continue reading
In once wonderfully Catholic Austria, the silly season is in swing. The new bishop of Innsbruck, Most Rev. Hermann Glettler, said that he supports the ordination of women to the diaconate (which is impossible) and Holy Communion for the divorce … Continue reading
From a priest…. QUAERITUR: Fr. Z, Grace and peace. Do you have an audio pronunciation of the absolution prayer (1962) or know of a link? Thanks for the question. Here is a brief PODCAzT, which can also be a PRAYERCAzT, … Continue reading
At LifeSite I read a story about a man who emerged from a Permanent or Persistent Vegetative State (PVS) after 15 years. It is a remarkable story, which merits to be more widely known. I’ve been writing about PVS for … Continue reading