Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- jhayes: Crux has confirmed that there were two witnesses to the wedding (a Cardinal and the CEO of the airline) and that there was a formal marriage license drafted by the Cardinals who accompa...
- chantgirl: Last year was estimated around 500k and it seemed much more packed this year. I was so encouraged to see so many priests marching. I would say that 90% of them were in cassocks! All in...
- Huber: Watching the papal Masses on EWTN, I had noticed that they didnt do any wide shots or panning the of the crowds. There were lots of closeups and relatively lows shots of the crowds and...
- Imrahil: Dear Ave Crux, I did not say it was a good thing, that is in all respects. As it were, I mentioned the problems. I did not say either that it was all about feeling good. In fact, I see a...
- acardnal: Watching the Pope address priests and religious in Peru now on EWTN I note that he used one of his commonly used phrases again, “self-abso rbed promethean neopelagia nism.̶ 1;
- DavidR: Re: the March for Life attendance coverage; Fake News.
- DavidR: So, do you fly Delta as a form of penance?
- SKAY: Great comment Kathleen10 . It expresses my feelings also. “I look forward to the day when the Good Lord sets it right again.R 21; So do I.
- JPD: People are more attracted to what is authentic; it has meaning to their lives. The Pro-Life movement is authentic; it upholds natural law, while Pope Francis does not appear authentic evident...
- Ave Crux: “An unnamed vicar general has commented on Pope Francis’ marriage on an airplane, ‘If he were a priest in my diocese I would ensure he was suspended, and at his age retired...
- Semper Gumby: A bit late here, just thought I’d chip in my two cents on these Signs of the Times. In 1982 George Kelling and James Q. Wilson wrote an article in the Atlantic (it’ s...
- Ave Crux: @Imrahil: you have gone through a great deal of effort to explain why you personally have no problem with what the Holy Father did and why you think it was a good thing. However, absolu...
- kurtmasur: To be fair, it would be interestin g to know at what point in the Mass was that photo taken? Before, during, or after? I believe there are quite a few people walking in the rows in the...
- Vincent: Meanwhile here in the UK: “Mr Trump told the thousands of marchers who gathered on Washington ’s National Mall on FridayR 21;… No video, just a picture of Trump at the...
- AA Cunningham: Pre-marria ge courses are a special expression of preparatio n. And we see so many couples, who perhaps come to the course somewhat reluctantl y: “But these priests make us take a...
- Sandy: The LifeSite time lapse video is amazing and inspiring! I’d love to know the true statistics . Every year it’s wonderful to see the great number of young people involved. May the...
- MacCheese: It’s sad to look at the above picture, if indeed it is from the Papal mass. On the other hand, having marched yesterday in DC, I think your number of 500k is about right Father.
- Fr Martin Fox: I was at the March, with folks from Ohio, although I am to wussy to ride the bus all night, there AND back. So, I flew. As it happens, I was at that same parish for Holy Mass that...
- Imrahil: Dear Blas, setting the fact that they weren̵ 7;t actually married and the general problem of treating civilly married people as married aside for a moment, why for all things in the...
- Kathleen10: It is a great feeling, to get out there and do something for God, and that’ ;s what it is and what it feels like. Wonderful experience ! Thank you for going, Fr. Z., I feel treme...
- NancyP: My TSO son is reporting to work today as usual. I think you will get home on time. Sending prayers for safe travels 230;
- Michael Haz: Was the papal aricraft flying ad orientem or do we not know?
- frjim4321: Moving to private email̷ 0;.
- APX: Beach weddings sound romantic and wonderful, but the reality is quite different. My brother and his wife had one. The days leading up to it were ridiculous ly hot so everyone got sunburned and...
- Bea: My daughter was married at Old St. Mary’ ;s Church. She still lives in the area. I wonder if she was there with her husband and 6 children. Haven̵ 7;t talked to her today. I’...
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- OLDIE PODCAzT 127: The Eve of St. Agnes and a Bleak Midwinter
- My View For A While: Counter March
- #March4Life numbers and Pres. Trump’s words
- DC March for Life 2018 – DAY 2: Forward MARCH!
- DC March for Life 2018 – DAY 1: Paintings and plots
- Canonist Ed Peters on the Papal mid-air airplane nuptials
- The Pope marries a couple on the papal airplane. Hmmm.
- Big Business Is WATCHING!
- My View For Awhile: March For Life 2018 Edition
- “The Triumph of Marcantonio Colonna” described
- ASK FATHER: Would anything prevent a priest from always using the traditional formula of absolution?
- 2 Feb – MADISON – Candlemas – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- Card. Müller on authority of Popes, possibility of others correcting contradictory papal teachings
- ASK FATHER: If I remember a sin after confessing, should I interrupt the priest and tell him?
- Slithery misdirection from the National Sodomitical Reporter: Bishops who avoid scandal commit scandal
- An Armenian bishop “ordains” a deaconette
- Two seriously ugly signs of the times involving papal honors and the silencing of bells
- BOOK RECEIVED about Martin Luther (not King but by “King”)
- ASK FATHER: How do I find out which territorial parish I live in?
- Who cares what libs think? Boldly recover and use great traditional items and vesture of yore.
- ASK FATHER: If I confess to watching porn, must I say it was homosexual porn?
- ACTION ITEM! Petition against removal of historic Cross where Fr. Marquette died
- ASK FATHER: We want our children to have reverent Masses. Can we go to the SSPX chapel?
- VIDEO Bp. Athanasius Schneider interview about “Amoris laetitia” Controversy
- ASK FATHER: Should I tell a noisy penitent that we can hear everything said in the confessional?
- Observing the Feast of the Ass – 14 January
- A false #missilethreat is NOTHING compared to this REAL DEATH THREAT
- 14 Jan – Happy Feast of the Ass!
- Fr. Murray on EWTN with outstanding commentary on recent developments
- Wherein Fr. Z comments on a @RorateCaeli post about priests, permissions and exorcism prayers. Then @fatherz rants.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Daily Archives: 9 November 2017
From a reader…
Thank you for all of your efforts here, as it really brings strength to many of us during our sojourn.
A priest at our local university gave a homily a few days back wherein he spoke of the absolution … Continue reading
This is amusing in a dark way… sort of like a movie about a screwball dysfunctional family.
Just how dysfunctional is the Catholic Church in Ireland?
From the Irish Times and the annual meeting of the ultra-liberal Ass. of Catholic Priests:
Priests told … Continue reading
I get quite a few books. Two grabbed my special attention.
Remember, you eventually will do some shopping for Christmas. Yes, I know it’s early, but I like to get mine done early so I don’t have to worry about it. … Continue reading
Here is a sermon from a priest friend of mine in my native place, Fr. Thomas Dufner, pastor of Epiphany Church in Coon Rapids, MN.
He gave this sermon on 15 October 2017, just after the 100th anniversary of the final … Continue reading