ADVENTCAzT 2017 09: Silence v. Noise

Another in my series of short daily podcasts to help you prepare for the upcoming feast as well as for your own, personal, meeting with the Lord.

Here is ADVENTCAzT 09, for Monday 2nd Week of Advent.

Robert Card. Sarah helps us out today.

The Power of Silence: Against the Dictatorship of Noise.  US HERE – UK HERE

We also hear from Screwtape, who rails against silence. US HERE – UK HERE

Have some Mystic Monk Coffee and have a listen!  (Be sure to update your link!)

These 5 minute offerings are a token of gratitude for my benefactors who donate and send items from my wishlist.  Thank you!

These podcasts are also available through my iTunes feed. Let me know how you are listening.  Through the plug in on this post? Through iTunes? Downloading? Please, chime in if you listened.

Please share!

This entry was posted in ADVENTCAzT, ADVENTCAzT, Liturgy Science Theatre 3000, PODCAzT and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to ADVENTCAzT 2017 09: Silence v. Noise

1. Mariana2 says:

Thanks, Father!

2. Imrahil says:

Listening through clicking on the “Audio MP3” button, which turns out as a sort of download on my phone.

Many thanks in general, reverend Father.

But allow me to remark that you do a particularly good job in reading Screwtape here ;-)

3. SKAY says:

I am listening through the plug in on this post.

Thank you, Father.

4. MaryofSharon says:

Terrific acting, Fr. Z! You really give Andy Serkis some serious competition, which I didn’t think would be possible. (For those who don’t know, Serkis did a fantastically demonic job of playing Screwtape in Focus on the Family’s Radio Theatre’s audio dramatization.) The difference between you and him, though, is that he is an atheist (after having been raised Catholic) so for him it was all just a job about some fantasy character. Not so for you!

Listen to Andy Serkis reading part of the excerpt on noise:

[Wow. Who knew? Wasn’t he Gollum? I’d like to hear his version.]

Fr. Z's Gold Star Award

5. MaryofSharon says:

Yes, Andy Serkis was Gollum in Peter Jackson’s films. Fr. Z. just go to the link I included at and you will hear Andy Serkis read Screwtape on silence (along with some other fine excepts).
    Start at 2:18 (which is where this link should take you anyhow).

This entire audio drama is exceptionally well done and a worthy investment:

6. Fr. Kelly says:

While Andy Serkis does a good job with Screwtape, I have to say that the best Screwtape I have ever heard was John Cleese (of Monty Python’s Flying Circus and Fawlty Towers) He does a frighteningly good job of conveying the demonic in his own inimitable way. Here is an excerpt from youtube

[Oh yes! I agree 100%.]