HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Katherine: I am always pleased when a bishop actually speaks to these issues with the mind of the Church. That said, I sense fear in Archbishop ChaputR 17;s response to Fr. Martin. The respo...
- ArthurH: The disagreeme nt in unres0lvab le and will remain so. What so many are missing 211; including Fr. Matin, from his words, which belie his behavior 8211; is that persons of faith can...
- Lurker 59: If you look at the question across religions (at least those that I have studied) the “res trainer 221; is always pious one — specifical ly the contemplat ive mystic, and...
- Emilio: Just like there is more than one way to skin a cat, there are many ways to undermine the Church’s teachings. I have have also noticed Fr. Martin’s sly usage of “official” teachings& #8230;...
- Greg Smisek: Alas, still no delivery to my state (Minnesota ).
- Richard_amdg: Fr Z, it seems that in our very day, there is a prominent global religious leader who recently called for a new & universal humanism, religious submission to the UN; a man who...
- Semper Gumby: Cardinal Marx and Germany. Maybe Tacitus can shed some light on this, from “Ger mania̶ 1;: “The ir holy places are woods and grovesR 30; For omens and the casting...
- dplentini: We pray for you every day, Father. God bless you and all our priests.
- Semper Gumby: teomatteo: Mother Angelica confronts a teenager in blinky light shoes̷ 0; I’d give up my last doughnut to see that chastiseme nt. “Woe , blinky light shoes, your doom...
- Grabski: Visiting Boston and discovered Trappist ales from monks in Spencer, MA.
- Semper Gumby: Glennonite : NothinR 17; like a good A-Team quote to get the day going. (after Morning Prayers of course.)
- RLseven: I hardly think James Martin serves the Antichrist . [You can serve wittingly or unwittingl y.] His heart is with God and those who are perceived in our Church a the lepers of our time. [I...
- Semper Gumby: Suburbanba nshee, hwriggles4 , sendero: Good points.
- Johann: The feeling you get after going to confession is like stepping out of a shower after being dirty and grimy for a week.
- Imrahil: Yes, I plan to take do that. I by now, without pressure, fast and abstain on Ember Days anyways (though the abstaining today will be difficult) , so one day in the week should be fine. In...
- Cincture: A recent article and memory http://www .ncregiste r.com/blog /dlittle/f asting-emb er-days-an d-reparati on-of-sins , which I admit to in part incorporat ing led me to ask: Is this...
- Gab: Friday done. Now it’s Ember Saturday here. And prayers offered for you Father Z and for all our Bishops.
- jaykay: Atra Dicenda: traditiona l Monks, traditiona l beer and, as if those two were not enough: traditiona l dogs- https://ro rate-caeli .blogspot. com/2019/0 3/support- rebuilding -of-nor...
- The Cobbler: There is a fine line between protecting oneself from or defending against abuse, and committing it. “I 8217;m not [fill in the blank] you, you’ re [fill in the blank]...
- CanukFrank: Started today. Currently fasting (as per current Church guidelines ; 2 small ‘snacks’ + 1 main meal) on Weds (for my son) and fasting and abstaining on Fridays for “Special Intentions ”...
- Hidden One: Early this morning I stepped into a church. I picked out a pew and knelt there. My smartphone , on silent, remained untroubled in my pocket. Kneeling there, in limited light, I had no...
- Unwilling: ipocrisia clericale “cle ricalism 8221; honestum cum virtute convertitu r ST ii-ii 145
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: I’ve been meaning to subscribe for a while and finally have the money. I think you convinced me.
- Fuerza: It’s probably not the same thing and I’m not making any judgment on anyone, but this immediatel y called to mind the Franciscan Friar from Dante’s Inferno who got himself condemned to the...
- Gaetano: Most seminarian s in recent years understand that they must be careful how the speak/act around their superiors. Which topics, prayers, languages, liturgical styles, and even clothing are...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- @JamesMartinSJ responds to Archbp. Chaput via @CatholicPhilly
- The Restrainer of 2 Thessalonians, Liturgy and the End Times. Wherein Fr. Z speculates and rants.
- “Empires perish. Tradition endures” – VIDEO about the Traditional Latin Mass, Usus Antiquior
- Project to fast and pray for the Church! It’s Ember Friday in September. DO IT!
- NEW BEER OPPORTUNITY from the traditional Benedictine Monks of Norcia
- A revert and the power of a good confession: “I left like a new man.”
- An old Jesuit advised Francis: “Think clearly, but speak obscurely.”
- Tall Poppy Syndrome and two American Bishops
- The priest’s voice and the “priest voice” during Holy Mass. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- The true “pseudo-schismatic” Church in Germany
- Idea for the Pan-Amazonian #Synod2019
- Initiative of Prayer and Fasting from now through October 2019 (and the Synod)
- St. Robert Bellarmine – Pray for us! Help us with your teaching and example!
- ASK FATHER: Did Francis say something heretical about God and our sins?
- Blinky light shoes at Mass
- ASK FATHER: Should I “poison” by Facebook account?
- Of “schism” and the abolition of the USCCB
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 7th Sorrow – The Burial of Jesus
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 6th Sorrow – The Piercing of the Side of Jesus, and His Deposition.
- Jesuit-run Amerika aims at Francis’ “detractors”. Incoherence ensues.
- @JamesMartinSJ and internet bullying
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 5th Sorrow – The Crucifixion of Jesus
- Mind-blowing profundity at the reconstituted John Paul II Institute 2.0
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- VIDEO: Fr. Murray, Prof. Royal on EWTN on Francis’ latest PPP (Papal Plane Presser) comments
- @FatherZ responds to @PhilipPullella of Reuters about the Holy Spirit and the elections of Popes
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 4th Sorrow – Mary meets Jesus on the way to Calvary
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Monthly Archives: October 2018
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Today, I went for confession to the capuchins like I usually do. The priests there tend to be great confessors. However, today I had quite a bad experience. I confess in kind and number and I … Continue reading
Crisis has a piece which talks about how homosexualist Jesuit (tautology?) James Martin, LGBTQSJ has urged his twitter and fakebook followers to attack LifeSite and other faithful Catholic sites for something they didn’t do. This isn’t the first time Martin … Continue reading
This is a post-Rome trip catch-up and catch-all. Today I drove back to the Cupboard Under The Stairs from The City of Broad Shoulders. Immediately I set out on a series of tasks. Whereas, after living in Rome for many … Continue reading
In these United States, be sure to check your parish schedules for Masses. Thursday 1 November 2017 is a Holy Day of OBLIGATION. For our part, there will be a Missa Cantata at St. Mary’s in Pine Bluff, WI, in the Extraordinary … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I tend to get very nervous in confession and I do better if I just stick to the script so to speak so I don’t start rambling. Is there a formula for confessing mortal sins that were forgotten … Continue reading
I’m offering up the mornings frustrations and irritation in reparation for the Synod (“walking together”). Apart from having to leave and leave before 4 for the sake of the early flight, the weather was horrific again this morning (have you … Continue reading
Was there a good point made in the sermon you heard during your Mass to fulfill your Sunday Obligation? Let us know. You were paying attention, weren’t you?
It has been a pretty nasty day in the Eternal City. The weather was as dreadful today as it has been beautiful over the week. I did get out for some last needful errands and got drenched. As promised, … Continue reading
Today the pithily perspicacious Fr H looks at the Synod’s (“walking together”) notion about developing ways to certify Catholic blogs to avoid “fake news”. He wrote along the lines of what I wrote HERE. He also wrote: We seem … Continue reading
In the near future, we will face more church closures. Some won’t be that much of a loss. Some, however, are part of our patrimony, lovingly built by our forebears, irreplaceable. I bring to the readerships attention the plight of … Continue reading
At my old stomping ground, The Wanderer, there is a good summary and analysis piece by Peggy Moen (a terrific editor!) who attended much of the Synod (“walking together”). Clichés Of The Francis Era Dominate A Press Briefing ROME — Following … Continue reading
Many thanks to you who sent birthday greetings with notes. Several of you said that you would have Masses said for me, which is very much appreciated. Another several wrote along the lines of, “You are THAT OLD?!?” Others, reading … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Thanks to you and your blog, I am intending to receive a plenary indulgence or three (aim high!) for the souls in purgatory over Nov 1 – Nov 8. Reading through the Manual of Indulgences, from the fourth edition … Continue reading
I’ve been, as much as possible ignoring the Synod’s (“walking together”) document. First, I’ve wanted a pleasant day. Was the Synod really about producing a document? Or was it about creating smokescreens and providing cover for the placement of … Continue reading