HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- David L Alexander: My diocese is known for orthodoxy, a number of locations for the Extraordin ary Form on Sundays and Holidays, and reverent Masses in the Ordinary Form in most cases. My territo...
- samwise: My question is how does “B 8221; in LGBTQ remain a viable identity? Doesn̵ 7;t it’s “waf fling̶ 1; between genders make it untenable from one moment to the next?
- Semper Gumby: jaykay: You’ re welcome, the boys’ ; comments are heartening indeed. A superb ending to that article: “At the very least, these boys’ reactions show that we must have...
- Semper Gumby: Our priest wrote: “And you, Traditiona l Catholics, you are so young! Attached is a picture I snapped as I was walking, of a young boy and a tonsured monk in long, deep conver...
- teachermom24: Dear Chicken, THANK YOU!!!!! Everything you said– ;golden. God bless you!
- justfeddup: I think the reason Fr. Cusick was tweet-mobb ed was he used the word “fem inistsR 21;. Plus they have no obligation for charity only the Satanic need for power and control.
- mepoindexter: You didn’ ;t to try bless the plane again, did you Father? …did you?
- jaykay: Thanks for that link, Semper G. The boys’ ; comments are all interestin g, and VERY encouragin g, but I was particular ly struck by how mature this one is, and how this young man...
- Charlotte Allen: A brief reponse to the Masked Chicken: The Ressourcem ent movement of the early 20th century wasn’ ;t all bad. It was, among other things, a movement to restore a place of...
- The Masked Chicken: First off, I want to commend the priest who wrote this e-mail on his re-discove ry of the richness of the TLM. What is problemati c are the two phrases: 1. The exchange between...
- deaconjohn1987: One of my favorite prayers that I say every time I receive the Eucharist is: “O most Holy Trinity, I adore Thee; My God, my God, I love Thee in the Most Blessed Sacrame...
- Semper Gumby: This is good news, God bless this priest. A relevant article at Crisis magazine today: “Dur ing the past three years, I have given all my junior students an assignment : to...
- Semper Gumby: ““ 8230;we will stop buying it [the Catechism] if you change it”, maybe someone with a little fiscal sense could re-think whether changing it is going to work.̶ 1; That&...
- Thorfinn: mrsmontoya : You may know this, but there is significan t demand for Latin/Engl ish materials among Catholic homeschool families, perhaps also among the latest wave of new classi...
- monstrance: Considerin g airport ground stops – A wise pilot once quipped – “I would rather be on the ground wishing I was up there, than to be in the air wishing I was on the ground.”
- Andrew: Council of Trent, session 13, Canon 1: – If any one denies, that, in the sacrament of the most holy Eucharist, are contained truly, really, and substantia lly, the body and blood...
- William: I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. Dioceses do not make it easy to determine which parish is your local parish. The best I’ve seen is when the boundaries are...
- chuckharold: I attended a “des tination 8221; parish for years because … When the new Pastor was appointed the music went to …, his Irish brogue was so thick you couldnR 17;t...
- AndyMo: Canonicall y, the territorie s of parishes have less to do with the attendance of parishione rs and more to do with the responsibi lities of pastors. A pastor is responsibl e for those...
- The Masked Chicken: The thinking is a bit muddled, here. I have to go to work, but if I get the chance later today, I will try to clarify some of the points, because they are contradict ory. The...
- JonathanTX: Coincident ally, PrayTellBl og has a recent post by Joseph Martos referring to the Real Presence. In it he says, “Mos t Catholics who reject the idea of Christ’s presence in the...
- Kerry: Have we not the Bishops we deserve? “Wha t’s wrong with the world?R 21;. Chesterton ’s reply, “I am”.
- Felipe: Thank you for your blog, we need more priests to read and share experience s like these! I hope other priests will be encouraged to accept their right to celebrate their Rite!
- Catholic Tech Geek: Father Z, you should have a good time when you make it to Wheeling, WV. Wheeling holds a special place in my heart. It was in Wheeling at the Cathedral of Saint Joseph that I...
- excalibur: There is the problem. Most of the bishops do not believe in Jesus.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- #ActonU 2019 Day 1 = Day 3: getting up to speed
- ASK FATHER: Do we receive also the Holy Spirit in Communion?
- ASK FATHER: Obligation to attend the local parish instead of going somewhere else
- Online Shopping Reminder and BIRETTA PROJECT
- Blistering NRO piece flames the recent USCCB meeting
- ASK FATHER: Trying to translate prayers into Latin, but I don’t trust Google
- Lib ‘c’atholic outcry in … 3… 2… 1
- 15-18 July 2019: East Coast Priest Conference in Wheeling, WV – looks good!
- Fr Rosica, amazing papal claims, and resignations
- Priest apologizes to traditional Catholics: “The future of the Church is in her past.”
- ASK FATHER: Is a concelebrated Mass just one Mass or several Masses?
- NOVENA FOR SEMINARIANS – from Corpus Christi to Sacred Heart, with a Marian Consecration
- A Solemn Mass in Albany in the presence of the bishop. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Thoughts about the change to CCC 2267 on the death penalty
- Chilean priest’s episcopal consecration axed because of some comments
- Canonist Ed Peters eviscerates bishops – one in particular – who won’t apply law
- USCCB meets. They talk about the “nones”. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- New “Chernobyl” TV show and the End Times
- A “Catholic Signal Corps” – Thinking about a Catholic digital future and this blog
- ASK FATHER: Traditional aspergillum or “whisk”?
- BOOKS RECEIVED: Antonio Socci on why Benedict is still Pope and Sam Gregg on the Struggle for Western Civilization
- ASK FATHER: Pipe organs, being expensive, how about manually pumped reed organs?
- ASK FATHER: Alb for a boy’s pretend “Mass” set?
- ASK FATHER: Marital relations after a tubal ligation 22 years ago out of fear of pregnancy
- On a painfully hopeful day, consolation arrives – new icon of Our Lady, Queen of the Clergy
- Wherein Fr. Z reads, rants and prays
- Chief of the Vichy Knights of Malta forbids the Extraordinary Form
- Your Good News
- Cardinals and Bishops issue a “Declaration of Truths” intended to “aid” the Supreme Pontiff
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Monthly Archives: November 2018
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Recently, our stable group of roughly 50 people took the extraordinary step of asking our bishop for a regular celebration of the EF, having already spoken to the pastor of the parish. He responded in the negative. How do … Continue reading
EWTN on Raymond Arroyo’s The World Over has a tribute to Bp Morlino.
I will keep saying it. The passing and replacement of Bp. Robert Morlino is an important moment for the Church in the USA, particularly in light of The Present Crisis. The Diocese of Madison has a page with links to … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I regularly receive Holy Communion kneeling (on the floor) at my OF-only parish. My pastor has asked me a few times not to do that, though not forcefully – he’s never unkind about it or actually telling me to … Continue reading
The passing of Bp. Morlino – and the naming of his successor – is an important moment for the Church in the USA, particularly in light of The Present Crisis. There has been quite a bit of even international coverage … Continue reading
I keep coming back to the passing of Bp. Morlino, and not merely because of my personal connection. The passing of Bp. Morlino – and the naming of his successor – is an important moment for the Church in the … Continue reading
This was gracious. From the US site of the SSPX. Bp. Robert Morlino, Brave Defender of the Traditional Mass, Passes Away Bishop Morlino of the Madison, WI diocese, passed away Saturday evening last, after a sudden “cardiac event,” shocking traditionally-minded … Continue reading
The funeral for Bp. Morlino will be on 4 December. He will be buried immediately after the funeral in Madison’s Resurrection cemetery. It was Bp. Morlino’s desire to provide the city and diocese with a new Cathedral church once again, … Continue reading
The site of the CMAA, Musica Sacra Forum, published response to the 29 – yes, twenty-nine – dubia submitted to the Pontifical Commission “Ecclesia Dei”. The questioner is a Polish priest, I assume young, working on a doctorate. Folks, I get it. … Continue reading
Consider what is entrusted to a bishop. Consider how he, like everyone else, struggles with the world, the flesh and the Devil. Consider that, though fortified with the graces of the sacrament of orders and defended by the holy angels, … Continue reading
I am deeply moved by all the emails I have received after the too early passing of Bp. Robert Morlino of Madison, the Extraordinary Ordinary (the ExO). People have written from all over the world. They sense that this is … Continue reading
Two recent pieces about the late, great Extraordinary Ordinary, Bishop Robert C. Morlino of Madison, tell you a great deal about the man, who was misunderstood by many – purposely in the case of quite a few. First, there is … Continue reading
I received the following: The Funeral Arrangements for Bishop Morlino are as follows: – A Prayer Vigil, with opportunity for visitation, will be held Monday, December 3rd, at the O’Donnell Chapel at Holy Name Heights, 702 S. High Point Rd., … Continue reading
Anthony Esolen, author of the new book Nostalgia (BUY IT NOW! US HERE – UK HERE) has a column describing the dangerous roll of the dice it is to find a place to go to Sunday Mass when away from home … Continue reading