Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father!
- andia: Prayers and fasting for Fr Rynne, and all priests
- VP: What a strange man.
- mattheusmei: Perhaps cold and flu season is going pretty strong and this is an effort to prevent catching and or spreading contagions ?
- Kathleen10: This is appalling. I need more words. This is beyond the pale. These faithful Catholics are showing respect to the Petrine Office and are doing as Catholics have done for… how...
- Jerome Charles: This woman clearly has some unhealed spiritual wounds, and rather than mock that, as some here have, I hope the priest will exercise his pastoral skills and reach out to her to...
- ex seaxe: Yes, I agree entirely. But I had already left school before the 1955 reform of Holy Week. And for many hundreds of years the Church had been starting the Easter light and celebratin g...
- Austin Steele: I just can’t understand why he would treat the faithful in this way. People just want to show their respect for him and especially for the office that he holds. I know if that...
- Just Some Guy: Populus volunt venerari officium Pontificis Petri. Non volunt venarari Franciscum ipsum. Nescio si Franciscus cogitat quid significat annulae officii. Nescioque si cogitat dignita...
- Matthewp: So question. At the end of the Mass, some people managed to kiss the ring. Now I’m really confused! Why did he recoil at it one time and allow it in another???
- francophile: The only thing good about both of these videos is the act of celebratin g ad orientem. The rest… ;. a sad commentary on Italian liturgical life. Who wants to be a part of such a...
- Henry Edwards: According to Gregory DiPippo (here): “Prior to the Holy Week reform of 1955, the services of the Triduum were all anticipate d, so that the Tenebrae services, Matins and Lauds of the...
- Semper Gumby: Gaius Marius by DanW is my guess, but Fallibilis simo makes an interestin g point about Marcus Agrippa. In the waning years of the Roman Republic about 90 BC Gaius Marius was a...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Jesuit-run homosexualist Amerika’s latest pro-sodomy blasphemy
- LENTCAzT 2019 21 – Tuesday of the 3rd Week of Lent: From the very threshold
- ALERT! Registration queue
- ASK FATHER: How early can the Easter Vigil begin?
- VIDEO: Francis’ Mass ad orientem at Loreto and… something else
- 25 March: Feast of The Good Thief, St. Dismas
- LENTCAzT 2019 20 – Monday of the 3rd Week of Lent: The angel’s greeting to Mary
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Pasta e ceci … with a quiz
- ASK FATHER: Bishop forces priest to use table altar instead of high altar for Extraordinary Form
- LENTCAzT 2019 19 – 3rd Sunday of Lent: Mass is not a souvenir
- Vicious letter to a young, faithful priest
- LENTCAzT 2019 18 – Saturday in the 2nd Week: God chooses the weak
- STOP THE PRESSES: Young people sing in the Illinois State Capitol
- Study Commission: no evidence women were ordained to the diaconate
- Your Good News – UPDATED
- Dots to connect
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- LENTCAzT 2019 17 – Friday in the 2nd Week: The most efficacious devotion?
- Wherein Fr. Z makes an appeal to the readership
- “Dear Fathers, dear seminarians…” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- LENTCAzT 2019 16 – Thursday in the 2nd Week: “Don’t give me heaven! Instead give me…”
- George Weigel on “Two Georges” and future persecution
- Francis’ Triduum Schedule: strange lacuna
- Bp. Schneider: On the question of a heretical pope
- ASK FATHER: Father doses off during Mass
- LENTCAzT 2019 15 – Wednesday in the 2nd Week: Card. Burke
- Officially BADASS CATHOLIC PHOTO
- Germany: More dissent from nuns
- “Te, Ioseph celebrent”, a hymn in honor of the Terror of Demons
- CRISIS: Keen analysis of the implosion of the German Church
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Daily Archives: 22 December 2018
From CH: Senators quiz nominee about membership of ‘extreme’ Knights of Columbus A spokesperson said the Knights were ‘extremely disappointed’ with the questioning Members of the Senate Judiciary Committee have questioned a candidate for the federal bench over his membership … Continue reading
Let’s view the Collect in the Novus Ordo for the 4th Sunday of Advent, which is also the Post Communion for the Feast of the Annunciation (25 March) in the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite (1962MR). The Annunciation was … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: The Christmas Proclamation (from the Martyrology). I know it is sung prior to Midnight Mass in the OF. Does it fit in the Traditional Mass, or is it relegated to the hour of Prime? We are … Continue reading
I must say that Francis hasn’t lost his penchant for springing surprises. Yesterday was the annual audience with the Roman Curia for their exchange of Christmas greetings, etc. The “etc.” has also in years past included a couple of … Continue reading
Once again this year I offer short daily podcasts to help you prepare for the upcoming feast as well as for your own, personal, meeting with the Lord. Here is ADVENTCAzT 21, for Saturday in the 3rd Week of Advent. … Continue reading