HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- RichR: So many things in this post warm my heart to the point of tender tears. A Bishop turning to the Traditiona l Mass during this turbulent time, great food and wine, beautiful archite...
- excalibur: Father, when you have time give us a rating of the Sito Moresco Langhe 2014. There are a few here: https://ww w.cellartr acker.com/ wine.asp?i Wine=23182 86 I would like to try a bottle...
- DanW: Happy Anniversar y Father!
- Johanna: How Green Was My Valley by Richard Llewellyn is packed with mouthwater ing food descriptio ns. Particular ly Brandy Broth, which sounded so good that a few of my friends hunted up recipes...
- jaykay: “St. Theresa of Calcutta was there, just in front of where my folks sat. I had arranged for my grandmothe r, a convert to Catholicis m in her 80’s, to receive Communion from the Holy...
- pattif: Ad multos annos, Father!
- Therese: [What used to be] the best education in the world, and this what we get.
- The original Mr. X: Fr. Longenecke r has some good ideas on using imaginatio n to purify imaginatio n: https://dw ightlongen ecker.com/ using-pray er-to-puri fy-your-mi nd/
- roma247: Isn’ t it strange? I can tell where those last photos were taken just by the lighting 8230;and then the shape of the plates confirmed my guess. (Oh yes, and the reflection on the...
- Stephanus83: There is a wonderful blog at The Paris Review concerning food from literature . The author posts monthly. The posts recreate scenes of food from various novels and include recip...
- youngcatholicgirl: Ad multos annos, Father Z!
- Kevin: It’s easier to employ Benedict 8217;s ‘her meneutic of continuity ” in the event of any perceived rupture. Unfortunat ely this almost makes Pope Francis 217; papacy...
- iPadre: Ad multos annos Pater!
- Diana: This is a great post! I love all the suggestion s for alternativ e swear words, too! I do struggle with that– ;it’ s one of my more persistent habitual sins– ;but I now feel...
- Diana: WOW! What a great story! Happiest of anniversar ies, Father! May God bring you many more years. And thank you for saying YES and for everything you’ ve done for us and the Church...
- teomatteo: “I suppose that might make me a 2nd class relic.R 21; Maybe so, but not a monsignor! Many blessing to you Father Zuhlsdorf.
- Benedict Joseph: You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt lose its savour, wherewith shall it be salted? It is good for nothing any more but to be cast out, and to be trodden on by men....
- HighMass: Happy Anniversar y! Such happy days in the church, and for all of you who were may priest!
- Semper Gumby: God bless you Fr. Z and Happy Anniversar y.
- gaudiumcumpace: God is Love because He is perfect, as is true Love which demands perfect purity, whose only source is God’s grace gifted to us by no merit of our own but by Christ. Grace recei...
- Gaetano: Of all the crosses we can endure, the chaos of a busy, lively parish (however distractin g) must surely be among the lightest.
- gaudiumcumpace: Esau and Lentils:)
- gaudiumcumpace: Lazarus
- Jerome Avila: Happy Anniversar y, Fr. Z. You mentioned Fr. Corapi – just curious, do you think that Fr. Corapi was treated fairly? It was/is a sad case. I (and likely many others) studied his...
- Sue in soCal: God bless you, Fr. Z, on this special day! I will offer my Mass, Rosary, the Divine Mercy Chaplet, and this day for you, your vocation, and your holy journey.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Rome Day 5-7: Caponata, Carbonara, and Che Guevara
- WDTPRS: Prayer “Pro seipso sacerdote – For the priest himself” (1962MR)
- Fr. Z’s 28th Anniversary of Ordination: St. Philip plays a prank.
- ASK FATHER: How to break the bondage of bad habits, vices?
- 10 Great Meals In Literature
- Francis: Church Must Learn to Abandon Old ‘Traditions’
- Editorial: Church leaders, to be “transparent”, are still abusers. Of priests.
- ASK FATHER: Little daughter interested in the Mass
- PARIS: 500 undocumented Africans stormed, seized Terminal 2 of CDG airport
- Rome Day 4: Of crashing ceilings, weeping parents, and the dust and hearts of saints
- @Church_Militant report on a twisted priest-predator has a familiar ring
- Card. Müller on deaconettes. “No.”
- Rome Day 3: Roman trash talk, perspiration, and prostitutes – UPDATED
- Requests for GREGORIAN MASSES and PRIESTS who can say them
- Persecuted Fr. Kalchik responds to homosexualist Jesuit Martin
- Anniversary of a turning point in Christian history
- NEW FROM MITSUI! Our Lady Untier of Knots
- Stupid angry lib (I know, tautology) at The Atlantic against priesthood
- Rome Day 1-2: Views, fabrics and eats
- My View For Awhile: All Roads Edition
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Easter (1962MR): The smoke of Satan
- WDTPRS – 5th Sunday of Easter: The prayer’s very word order reveals God’s love
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Saturday: QSL Cards and some firsts
- VIDEO: Diaconate Ordination of the the Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter @CSPOrd
- Donations, PayPal, alternatives, and you
- Irish Ass. of Catholic Priests in toddler meltdown mode against Francis over no women deacons
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Thursday: ZedNet, my first pile up, and remote from GITMO and… Vatican City?
- GERMANY: Pro-women’s ordination group: “We want to take Mary off her pedestal”
- What’s up at the southern border of these USA
- Lib liturgy positivists force people to stand after Communion
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Monthly Archives: February 2019
Have you seen this?
6 years ago today… The Holy Father is leaving the Apostolic Palace to go to Castel Gandolfo. Some images… Our final view of Pope Benedict XVI as Roman Pontiff. UPDATE: The doors are closed.
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks! Registered here or not, will you in your charity please take a moment look at the requests and to pray for the people about whom you read? Continued from THESE. I get many requests … Continue reading
At The Catholic Thing there is an interesting piece about Stephen P. White. The writer looks at three pieces which concern The Present Crisis in the Church, and draws an interesting conclusion. […] These three pieces represent a shift away … Continue reading
URGENT UPDATE Sexagesima Thursday: Solemn Feast of Reparation of Insults Offered to the Most Holy Sacrament
UPDATE 27 Feb: I have received more information for this Mass, including all the orations for the Mass. Now the texts are complete. I have linked to a PDF, provided by the Benedictines of Silverstream. Click HERE Originally Published on: Feb 25, … Continue reading
From the Catholic Herald. My emphases and comments: Traditional Latin Mass attendees more devout and orthodox, study says A new survey suggests Catholics who attend the Old Rite are more faithful to Church teaching Catholics in the US who attend the … Continue reading
At Crisis today, there is a no-holds-barred piece in the wake of the seriously disappointing Rome “summit” that concluded recently. Jonathan B. Coe is the author. Understanding and Combating the Francis Effect This is a brutally blunt offering. The first … Continue reading
Since there is a great deal that’s fishy going on inside and coming out of the Vatican, thus making it a kind of fish hatchery, I thought this question was appropriate. From a reader… QUAERITUR: My dad is the manager … Continue reading
I saw something amazing at Amy Wellborn’s blog. She writes about a group during WWII, Citizens Committee for the Army, Navy and Air Force, which commissioned artists to make portable triptychs for use during Catholic Masses. The idea was to transform … Continue reading
A couple legislative items to ponder… At Fox we read about the Party of Death, enslaved to Big Business Abortion: Dems block ‘born alive’ bill to provide medical care to infants who survive failed abortions Senate Democrats on Monday blocked … Continue reading
Another reason for ‘Anglicanorum coetibus’: Church of England says Sunday services no longer mandatory
I think it was the late Fr. Neuhaus who quipped that the purpose of the Church of England was to make irony redundant. Today I read this at AP. No, this is not Eye of the Tiber or the Onion. … Continue reading
There’s an old chestnut about how you can rate as “successful” the Masses of various religious orders. For example, the Mass of Benedictines is successful if more than half of the notes were sung properly. Its successful for the the … Continue reading
Run, don’t walk, to Crisis…. NOW! Francis Allies Reveal Their Plans for Revolutionary Change HERE Read the whole thing. Take careful notice of all the links in the text. Discuss. Moderation queue is ON.