PASCHALCAzT 54 – Low Sunday, Octave of Easter: Taking off the robes

It’s Low Sunday, the Octave of Easter, also called “Dominica in albis” and Quasimodo Sunday, from the Introit.

Christ is risen! Alleluia!  The Octave is over!

Today we hear about a vastly neglected membership of our Holy Church, whose voice has been neglected, indeed spurned, for several decades how.  Remember, we are our rites and those rites were handed down over many years with great love.  They deserve respect and a voice.

I provide these especially in gratitude to benefactors who help me and this blog.

The wonderful nuns of Gower Abbey take us out… toward Pentecost.

US HERE – UK HERE

This entry was posted in LENTCAzT, Liturgy Science Theatre 3000, PASCHALCAzT, PODCAzT and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to PASCHALCAzT 54 – Low Sunday, Octave of Easter: Taking off the robes

1. Mariana2 says:

Thanks, Father! Of course they have been helpful, and a daily delight.

2. Gab says:

I shall miss these daily podcazts. Thank you, Father Z for taking the time and effort to produce them. I have learned a great deal from you.

3. Bellarmino Vianney says:

What is missing during most Masses and/or “rites” is reverence for God’s House – regardless of whether Latin is used.

This commentator prayed at one Most Holy Sacrifice of the Mass in the Latin Tridentine Rite (or whatever the proper name for it is) a while back. It was actually a very irreverent Mass. One could tell the priest was putting on a show with the Latin. Those attending the Mass were crinkling their Latin to English translation booklets the whole Mass. It was not a prayerful environment. It was a performance by the priest and a Latin lesson for most of the congregation.

But, if a Latin Mass would prohibit the Backstreet Boy One Man Guitar Band from performing during the Most Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, this commentator would fully support it (as long as the Consecration is said in English so as to ensure that the priest gets The Most Solemn Words correct).

The Mass this commentator prayed at today had a Backstreet Boy One Man Guitar Band performer. One couldn’t help but be embarrassed for the performer. The words of his songs were heretical, and the songs themselves were quite effeminate. The words were rhymed like a greeting card written by Mr. Deeds.

After the songs were performed (again, during the Most Holy Sacrifice of the Mass), the Backstreet Boy One Man Guitar Band performer advertised that his music that would be sold in God’s House after the Most Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. That is not reverence for the Most Holy Sacrifice of the Mass and God’s House. It is profanity.

And, in case some may have figured out who this commentator is, this is not meant as an insult directed at the pastor or other priests. It was likely laity that brought the Backstreet Boy One Man Guitar Band performer to the parish. Just gotta wonder how much money was wasted on such profanity.

4. Semper Gumby says:

Thank you Fr. Z for these Lentcazts. From the Station Churches to Fulton Sheen, St. Augustine, and GK Chesterton; from the nuns of Gower to the bells of Notre Dame, these reflections were indeed helpful.

“For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of affliction, to give you an end and patience. And you shall call upon me, and you shall go: and you shall pray to me, and I will hear you. You shall seek me, and shall find me: when you shall seek me with all your heart.”

– Jeremiah 29:11-13

5. jameeka says:

Thank you very much for this wonderful series, Father Z—Easter came late this year and Lent was very challenging. I have learned that often I don’t
    grasp the fullness of your podcaZts at first, but over time and repetition, a lightning bolt of Grace may strike—so please keep them around for awhile somewheres on your blog.

Blessed Easter Season to you and your readers. And yes—Come Holy Ghost!

6. Clinton R. says:

Thank you so much Father for the wonderful podcasts during the Lent & Easter seasons. I will for sure keep you in my prayers.

7. UncleBlobb says:

Thank you, Father, for all of these podcasts throughout Lent and the Octave. They have been a huge help, and very enjoyable. Thank you for your work on them.

8. veritas vincit says:

Thanks Father Z for the LentCazts and the PaschalCazts.

In this case, I particularly liked the reference to GK Chesterton’s referring to tradition as the “democracy of the dead”.

9. lgreen515 says:

Thank you for your podcasts. I especially enjoy the beautiful music you choose. Perhaps we will have some Pentecazts?