- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Patra: I should be around.
- LadyMarchmain said Basher, your point is well taken, and I would even...
- Patra said Oops! I meant to say this Sunday at 9:30 Mass. S...
- Patra said I love wandering through the DIA. I’ve vis...
- jmgarciajr said Venerator Sti Lot: Here’s my understanding o...
- Shaolin, Snow, and Hope | confusionandknitting said [...] here. This time its on hope. Hope that we sh...
- gatormom said I don’t understand. I agree with everything...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Wow! I just explored the St. Nicholas Center page...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Something of possible interest I found, looking fo...
- Terry1 said After two years of reading and through the grace o...
- Kathleen10 said FrDulli, what an uncomfortable moment that must ha...
- Uxixu said @annmarie Government interference is hurting far m...
- lucindatcm said Thanks Father! I keep running into the word hope....
- Robertus Pittsburghensis said Is there anything this judge said that pertains to...
- samgr said It strikes me that those whose hometown was turned...
- PA mom said If I were trying to encourage very ideologically o...
- PA mom said Thank you boxer paws and others for your prayers....
- pgs said In the same cathedral, one of the confessionals ha...
- Jerome Vincent said Listened — thanks again, Father.
- MaryL said Capitalism, Trickle-down effect, Socialism –...
- samgr said A minor correction on Andrew Napolitano: He was a...
- mamajen said Five-year-old son says “That does NOT look l...
- Ryan said The only “ideologies” that believe in...
- ChesterFrank said IPADRE: the destruction of beauty is thousands upo...
- Johnno said CGPearson - There is some precedent for a method o...
- sprachmeister said Someone in the Church architecture and design worl...
- AgricolaDeHammo said @Gemma, Indeed it’s now the case that IR...
- Johnno said Dave N. - The Judge sure is an appropriate spokes...
- TKS said Thank you, Father.
- Johnno said The reason there are so many problems in the Churc...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
- Gift ideas and a really swell way to get your caffeine fix!
- Wherein Fr. Z posts his annual rant on BLUE vestments and then sings to you. POLL!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Search Results for: LCWR
From Protect The Pope comes this useful clarification:
Fr Flannery’s heretical views on the Eucharist and Priesthood are the reason why CDF intervened – Cardinal Lavada explains
BY DEACON NICK DONNELLY, ON NOVEMBER 15TH, 2013
Cardinal Levada, the former Prefect of the CDF, has … Continue reading
Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) has yet another attack piece against the important collection to be taken up this weekend for the Archdiocese for Military Services.
In other words they are attacking Catholic chaplains.
In the latest divisive hate piece Fishwrap has this suggestion:
Outside … Continue reading
As I wrote when His Excellency Most Reverend Leonard Blair was translated from Toledo to Hartford: “Bishops are not being penalized for involvement in the doctrinal assessment of the LCWR. They are being promoted.” The Fishwrappers had a spittle-flecked nutty. Micken’s … Continue reading
I saw this at CWN:
Curial official: over 3,000 religious leave consecrated life each year [Makes you wonder how many enter religious life. I'll bet not 3k!]
The secretary of the Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life … Continue reading
Over at Fishwrap (aka the National Schismatic Reporter), venomous writer Michael Sean Winters threw a spittle-flecked nutty about the appointment of Most Rev. Leonard Blair as the new Archbishop of Hartford.
I won’t go into the details of MSW’s spittle-flecks.
I’ll just observe … Continue reading
From a professed sisterly readerette:
Many teachers on our staff are involved with the Charismatic Movement, including our principal. At the end of our faculty meetings she goes around the table requiring each teacher to make a spontaneous prayer. I am not comfortable doing … Continue reading
His Holiness Pope Francis has again disappointed the proponents of female machismo everywhere.
At News.va read about his address to the Women’s Section of the Pontifical Council for the Laity on the 25th anniversary of Blessed Pope John Paul II’s Apostolic … Continue reading
First things first. Be sure to check on:
YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
Help each other. May I ask a prayer for decent weather on Sunday in Atlanta? I have a connecting flight there.
Also, check out the fairly new ads on the side … Continue reading
On the Feast of St. Francis, Patron of Italy, Pope Francis went to Assisi.
During one talk he clarified that the “peace” with which St. Francis is often associated is “not something saccharine“.
To the dismay of LCWR keynote speakers everywhere, neither … Continue reading
One of the stranger groups of women religious who belong to the LCWR crowd are the Sinsinawa Domincans, whose motherhouse is in southern Wisconsin, in the Diocese of Madison.
You might review my post NUNS GONE WILD for a glimpse of … Continue reading