Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- robtbrown: Abp ViganoR 17; is of course correct about the shoddy theologica l formation involved in all the problems of priests and religious. The problem is that the liturgy continues to...
- robtbrown: Bellarmino says It is essentiall y the inmate running the asylum Perhaps better: The monkeys running the zoo* * With a grateful nod to HLMencken
- robtbrown: Unwilling, Recommendi ng Tanqueray is another strike against Francis, as far as I am concerned. It represents much of what was wrong during the Counter Reformatio n Church. Read Garrig...
- Charles E Flynn: When an image from the works of Gustave Doré is used to introduce an article, you know that ahead lies at least one weighty theme.
- Kathleen10: Thank you to Abp. Vigano for stating the truth and asking the questions the poor laity might ask if given the opportunit y. One point, and it doesn̵ 7;t seem minor. He said the...
- teomatteo: Benedict Joseph, your responce to TonyO was interestin g to me. I have had the opportunit y to see Vermeer 217;s ‘The Scale̵ 7; at the Detroit Institute up close (as per Fr...
- Charles E Flynn: Sardine bones are a source of calcium: http://www .eatingwel l.com/arti cle/15730/ the-1-food -you-shoul d-eat-and- probably-d ont/
- Hidden One: Giuseppe, No, no, and no. Be at peace.
- jaykay: Spinmamma: very true what you say, we could be faced with potential loss of these glorious structures in our current circs. Yet… it’s not the first time. Rheims, the most...
- maryelangdon: Fr. Z. Look up Fredrick McManus whose name appears on the book you are promoting. . He was head of liberal post V2 group bringing in changes to Mass etc. Called FLDC ( Federation of...
- TonyO: Benedict-J oe, I will admit that I am not deeply educated in the visual arts. (However, I have actual artists in the family, who make a living at visual art, so I have been exposed to a...
- Lux de Coelo: Oily as a conference of bishops Hilarious
- SanSan: Love the “coo king and sermonR 21; Father Z. You are quite entertaini ng. Nice to read something for a change that is uplifting during such strife.
- RichR: This Bishop makes me want to strive for holiness. How much grace is being showered down on this brave soul?
- ThePapalCount: Pope Francis 217; appointmen t of McCarrick& #8217;s close collaborat or Cardinal Kevin Farrell as carmelengo is really a mockery. Is Francis tone deaf to what is going on? I...
- David L Alexander: This is a positive developmen t. That being said … Back in the day, a priest would have in the pocket of his cassock, a small vial of the “Ole um Infirmorum ,R...
- KateriK: Second paragraph – second sentence: Riruum. Should be Rituum.
- Benedict Joseph: TonyO requires a thorough instructio n on the history of the visual arts, and an immersion in the studio for a few years mastering anatomy, line, value, color. Just start render...
- Bellarmino Vianney: This is another good op-ed by the Great Archbishop Vigano. The problem, as many have already noted, is the individual s leading the so-called “Sum mit” . It is...
- LauraL: I want a way to help. I can only give $10, $25 at a time, here and there, but I want very much to do that.
- Charles E Flynn: In the second paragraph on page iii, what should be “Col lectio RituumR 21; becomes “Col lectio RiruumR 21;. A search at Google for “col lectio riruum&...
- Malta: $4,000,000 ,000 https://ww w.newsweek .com/over- 3-billion- paid-lawsu its-cathol ic-church- over-sex-a buse-claim s-1090753 The sad thing is most of this money came from pensioners not...
- Andrew Hollingsworth: Surely the outcome has been a huge advance on other recent scandals involving members of the Sacred College Cardinal Groër remained a Cardinal and Cardinal O’Br ien...
- Amerikaner: In addition to all this, I am sure Archbishop Vigano is praying for McCarrick& #8217;s conversion and repentance . While laicizatio n was appropriat e, I am shocked that there has been...
- Unwilling: Although what Archbp. Vigano says is true including his identifica tion of poor spiritual formation as a cause of the current disorder, rectifying the contextual situation would/will be...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- BOOK RECEIVED: 1962 Parish Ritual – HUZZAH!
- Archbp. Viganò offers thoughts on The Present Crisis before the Rome “Summit”
- Suffering and attacks on the Church’s “Eldest Daughter”
- Mister McCarrick
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Shiny little fish!
- Interesting observation by @CCPecknold about laicization of McCarrick
- WDTPRS – Septuagesima Sunday: PRE-LENT BEGINS!
- Of Flaring Suns and Starry Nights
- A quick book plug: A Catholic Introduction to the Bible: The Old Testament
- Opportunity: R.I.P.
- POLL: Prayers after Mass
- “Know also this, that, in the last days, shall come dangerous times.”
- Do you know priests who are struggling, under attack? Terrific movement: Seven Sisters Apostolate
- Movement in the causes of Bl. John Henry Newman and Card. József Mindszenty
- ASK FATHER: During sick call, tea and biscuits before administering Communion
- Another look at Catholic/Islamic statement: “diversity of religions … are willed by God in His wisdom”
- Your Good News
- “Rumors that a certain prelate threatens his orthodox priests with institutionalization or laicization are not rumors… they are truth”
- BREAKING: Rubrics and color-blindness
- Card. Kasper attacks Card. Müller who publicly proclaimed Catholic doctrine
- Thoughts about ‘ad orientem’ worship and priests being bullied
- How many baptist pastors are married?
- 10 February – St. José Sánchez del Río, Martyr
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Coda alla Vaccinara with digressions into Roman stuff, like a new old confraternity
- TRANS-NEPTUNIAN COMET APPROACHES EARTH
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- PODCAzT 170: Card. Müller – Manifesto of Faith: “Let not your heart be troubled!”
- WDTPRS: 5th Sunday after Epiphany AND 5th Ordinary Sunday: Familial military or martial family?
- L’Affaire McCarrick: Soon to be “Mister”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Search Results for: Viganò testimony
For a while I’ve been mulling The Viganò Testimony, as have we all. When it came out, some libtards, especially those who are energetically defending the heavily embattled Card. Wuerl, said that we should attack equally other (more conservative) figures, … Continue reading
I received this Reflection on the Viganò Testimony by Bp. Schneider. I read it aloud to help those who can’t always sit still to read on screens have access to the bishop’s reflection.
UPDATE 27 August: CNN… what a bunch of dopes. Former Archbishop wants Pope to resign Newsroom In a statement seen by CNN on Sunday, former Archbishop and Vatican ambassador to the US Carlo Maria Vigano said he told the Pope … Continue reading
The reactions to the Viganò (pronounced vig-ah-NOH) Testimony vary as you might expect, along “party lines”. The papalatrous liberal Left, including not a few sychophants of simply stunning audacity, deny everything Viganò wrote. Their main tack right now seems to be … Continue reading
On the airplane returning to Rome from Ireland, the Pope responded with a non-response to a question from the press about the Testimony issued by Archbp. Carlo Maria Viganò. What he said… watch the body language with the words. “Read … Continue reading
Okay, that meant Msgr. Charles Pope of the Archdiocese of Washington DC. He writes about the third Viganò Testimony HERE. A sample: As I finished reading Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò’s third letter, I had an immediate sense that I had … Continue reading
#ViganoTestimony 3.0! Powerful response to accusations, points to crisis of homosexuality #sodoclericalism
Huge. Archbp. Carlo Maria Viganò has issued a third Testimony. It is a neutron bomb. First, at CNA we read that the present “Sostituo”, the 2nd in command in the Secretariat of State for matter within the Church, Archbishop Edgar Peña … Continue reading
The Prefect of the Congregation for Bishops wrote an Open Letter to Archbp. Viganò, once the Nuncio to these USA. As you know, Archbp. Viganò released a “Testimony“. Then he went into hiding, for good reason. In the sequel to the … Continue reading
At LifeSite we see that Archbp. Viganò has released another statement. ROME, September 27, 2018 (LifeSiteNews) — Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò has today issued a new extraordinary testimony, responding to Pope Francis’ refusal to answer the charge that he knew of … Continue reading
Bishop R. Walker Nickless of Sioux City has made a statement about The Viganò Testimony. […] As I mention our priests, seminarians and deacons, I want to thank the faithful of the Diocese of Sioux City who have offered support, … Continue reading
Archbp. Carlo Maria Viganò is experience what virtually all whistleblowers experience. He is being smeared and savaged by those on whom he has blown the whistle. Also, there is the threat of punishment, or being sued or prosecuted. That often … Continue reading
Bp. Morlino @MadisonDiocese on #TheViganòTestimony – “the criteria for credible allegations are more than fulfilled”
His Excellency, Most Rev. Robert C. Morlino had first written a letter for the faithful in the Diocese of Madison, entrusted by God and the Apostolic See to his care. He has been Bishop of Madison for 15 years. HERE … Continue reading
At the National Catholic Register, there is a series of op-ed pieces by well-known figures. Today they published one by Archbp. Carlo Maria Viganò. Despite Grave Problems, the Lord Will Never Abandon His Church REGISTER SYMPOSIUM: I continue to have … Continue reading
Very smart philosopher Edward Feser has posted his assessment of The Viganò Testimony. I won’t go into detail. You can visit over there. However, let’s see where he goes: There are five considerations that seem to me to make it … Continue reading
DailyWire has a piece with 7 points in reference to Francis and Viganò and what they knew and if they are telling the truth. In that piece the writer rightly points out a weak point in Viganò’s claims: If there … Continue reading