Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Imrahil: There also is a beautiful, and rather meaningful and unexpected , line from a German song where a man sings to his love about the time his duty (of being a wandering journeyman ) will be...
- tzabiega: I was recently talking to a group of Guadalajar a diocesan seminarian s while in Mexico. They have 11 years of seminary before they can be ordained, mostly divided between philosophy and...
- Ellen: I have been to a few (thankfull y only a few) Masses where the muzak was so bad and the service was so free form that I had to discreetly cover my ears.
- Legisperitus: APX: More specifical ly, “tho u/thee/thy ” is the familiar _singular_ pronoun in the second person, replaced in modern usage by the plural “you ” which does...
- Grant M: OF priests should… they should… Quite agree, quite agree, but alas, until they do, we’l l have to be tortured on the Sundays we cannot get to the TLM. Well we must thank Annibale for...
- youngcatholicgirl: Thank you, Father!
- Ultrarunner: The solution for both problems is a good narthex. The best ones have thick glass walls and doors and don’ t have speakers. The noise up front is a mere muffle in a good narth...
- Semper Gumby: Thank you Fr. Dufner and Fr. Z. I second William Tighe̵ 7;s recommenda tion of Fr. Lang’ ;s “Tur ning Towards the Lord.̶ 1; For other reading see Fr. Lang’ ;s...
- grumpyoldCatholic: That was beautiful. . I am sending it to all my Novus Ordo
- Red A Surcami: I don’t understand why you make the disclaimer “I’m not a traditiona list,” as if that somehow increases your credibilit y. If you have a good point to make, should it not stand on...
- Fr. Kelly: HvonBlumen thal, As I see it, a dead language is one that has no native speakers left alive. Like Manx or Galician. Such a language can only be studied from the outside as by an observ...
- byzantinesteve: I was once at a mass where several liturgical dancers came out for the psalm response. I realized this before they started and asked my wife to tell me when it was over. I leaned...
- youngcatholicgirl: I’m all for “Chu rch” (Ecclesias tical) Latin. I have heard that it’s easier, considerin g that it has closer proximity to English. To me, it just sounds...
- Justalurkingfool: Since my hearing loss, which seems irreversib le, all music sounds awful and dissonant to me, so I have to offer it up for God’ s intentions .
- Andrew: Is Shakespear e’s English being pronounced correctly in our churches these days?
- Lisieux: There are indeed different pronunciat ion systems. My parish church is Jesuit-run , and when I started attending (I converted in 1998), there were still a few elderly priests who used the...
- Bellarmino Vianney: “ 230;but if it sounds silly̷ 0;” Bring earmuffs. 3M makes a great earmuff that can drown out many sounds. [Perhaps you posted that as an amusing comme...
- Ariseyedead: Guess which feet are mine! Safe travels, Father!
- Gregg the Obscure: Given all your recent travel travails, please consider seeking intercessi on of the prophet Jonah
- cwillia1: I never watch the consecrati on. Stuck in a novus ordo desert, my eyelids substitute for the iconostas that is missing in my life.
- doublenan: Many thanks for all your podcasts, Father, especially this one. God bless you!
- APX: We are drawn into an “I-Thou” relationsh ip Just as an FYI, “Thee, Thou, and Thy” are not a more formal way of speaking to God. It’s a common misconcept ion. They’re actually the more infor...
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father!
- JonPatrick: Thank you Father Z.
- JonPatrick: One of the things I like about the Byzantine Rite is the use of Ad Orientem, the priest behind the iconostasi s facing the altar, making it a holy of holies. Our Byzantine Rite liturgy...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Anglicans to mock baptism with transgender ceremony
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 10: If a liturgy looks silly, you can close your eyes. But if it sounds silly…
- A priest’s thought after going ‘ad orientem’
- Priests and Latin. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- My View For Awhile: ”Festina Lente” Edition
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 09: Proper Marian Devotion
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Of getting Latin wrong, corrections, and of priests and their Latin or lack thereof
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 08: Egocentrics and God’s gifts
- A conflicted Fishwrap v. Francis on homosexuals in seminary and priesthood
- On this day in 2005 …
- Help a young entrepreneur!
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 07: “If she had not given her ‘Fiat!’…”
- 7 Dec – Titanic, intriguing St Ambrose of Milan, bishop and doctor
- UPDATE on injuries and recovery with heartfelt thanks
- Solemn Requiem for @BishopMorlino in @MadisonDiocese
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 06: Our Lord will appear in His humanity so that He can be seen by the just and the wicked
- VIDEO – Funeral of @BishopMorlino of @MadisonDiocese
- Latin Mass Society of England & Wales @latinmassuk – Re-upping!
- Recent Registration
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 05: The priest, John the Baptist, points toward Jesus
- New art from Daniel MITSUI – great gift idea
- After the funeral of @BishopMorlino of @MadisonDiocese
- ASK FATHER: Can we cook with or drink Holy Water?
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 04: Your God of the Second Chance
- Sending snail-mail 2018 Christmas cards
- TAMPA: A TLM at a Jesuit school?!?
- The Exequies for @BishopMorlino in @MadisonDiocese
- ADVENTCAzT 2018 03: “take heed of the example of the prince of rebellion”
- And now a message from fictional priest Fr. Charles “Chuck” O’Malley
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Search Results for: Viganò testimony
For a while I’ve been mulling The Viganò Testimony, as have we all.
When it came out, some libtards, especially those who are energetically defending the heavily embattled Card. Wuerl, said that we should attack equally other (more conservative) figures, because … Continue reading
I received this Reflection on the Viganò Testimony by Bp. Schneider.
I read it aloud to help those who can’t always sit still to read on screens have access to the bishop’s reflection.
Reflection about the “Testimony” of Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò … Continue reading
UPDATE 27 August:
CNN… what a bunch of dopes.
Former Archbishop wants Pope to resign
In a statement seen by CNN on Sunday, former Archbishop and Vatican ambassador to the US Carlo Maria Vigano said he told the Pope about allegations of sexual … Continue reading
The reactions to the Viganò (pronounced vig-ah-NOH) Testimony vary as you might expect, along “party lines”.
The papalatrous liberal Left, including not a few sychophants of simply stunning audacity, deny everything Viganò wrote. Their main tack right now seems to be to … Continue reading
On the airplane returning to Rome from Ireland, the Pope responded with a non-response to a question from the press about the Testimony issued by Archbp. Carlo Maria Viganò.
What he said… watch the body language with the words.
“Read the statement … Continue reading
Okay, that meant Msgr. Charles Pope of the Archdiocese of Washington DC. He writes about the third Viganò Testimony HERE.
As I finished reading Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò’s third letter, I had an immediate sense that I had just read … Continue reading
#ViganoTestimony 3.0! Powerful response to accusations, points to crisis of homosexuality #sodoclericalism
Archbp. Carlo Maria Viganò has issued a third Testimony. It is a neutron bomb.
First, at CNA we read that the present “Sostituo”, the 2nd in command in the Secretariat of State for matter within the Church, Archbishop Edgar Peña Parra “might … Continue reading
The Prefect of the Congregation for Bishops wrote an Open Letter to Archbp. Viganò, once the Nuncio to these USA. As you know, Archbp. Viganò released a “Testimony“. Then he went into hiding, for good reason.
In the sequel to the Testimony, … Continue reading
At LifeSite we see that Archbp. Viganò has released another statement.
ROME, September 27, 2018 (LifeSiteNews) — Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò has today issued a new extraordinary testimony, responding to Pope Francis’ refusal to answer the charge that he knew of Cardinal … Continue reading
Bishop R. Walker Nickless of Sioux City has made a statement about The Viganò Testimony.
As I mention our priests, seminarians and deacons, I want to thank the faithful of the Diocese of Sioux City who have offered support, prayers and … Continue reading
Archbp. Carlo Maria Viganò is experience what virtually all whistleblowers experience. He is being smeared and savaged by those on whom he has blown the whistle. Also, there is the threat of punishment, or being sued or prosecuted. That often … Continue reading
Bp. Morlino @MadisonDiocese on #TheViganòTestimony – “the criteria for credible allegations are more than fulfilled”
His Excellency, Most Rev. Robert C. Morlino had first written a letter for the faithful in the Diocese of Madison, entrusted by God and the Apostolic See to his care. He has been Bishop of Madison for 15 years. HERE
Bishop … Continue reading
Very smart philosopher Edward Feser has posted his assessment of The Viganò Testimony. I won’t go into detail. You can visit over there. However, let’s see where he goes:
There are five considerations that seem to me to make it very … Continue reading
DailyWire has a piece with 7 points in reference to Francis and Viganò and what they knew and if they are telling the truth.
In that piece the writer rightly points out a weak point in Viganò’s claims:
If there is perhaps … Continue reading
UPDATE 28 August:
Italian Vaticanist Marco Tosatti was also involved. See this AP story in English: HERE
Tosatti said Vigano didn’t tell him where he was going after the article came out, knowing that the world’s media would be clamoring to … Continue reading