SHOPPING ONLINE? Christmas is not very far away…
Please, come here first! Enter Amazon through my search box and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
PS: I added Amazon Search Boxes for the UK and for Canada at the bottom of the blog page. Copy and paste titles I mention into those boxes and - BAZINGA! - results appear as if by magic. Kindle? HERE
US Hardcover - HERE
UK Hardcover - HERE
US Paperback - HERE
UK Paperback - not yet
- If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
- 2 Chronicles 7:14 RSV
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- Chrisc said Fr_jim: I’m confused. If the republicans tak...
- FRIDAY EDITION | Big Pulpit said […] Syrian Priest Who Escaped ISIS Says, ‘Bo...
- Absit invidia said She is. Period.
- Absit invidia said frjim, wait … are you talking about Hillary?...
- LouLou said THREEHEARTS – I am interested in finding the...
- surritter said What I find intriguing is the line saying “f...
- SKAY said frjim4321 said: “Nor do I think that my part...
- juergensen said @frjim4321: Trump promises to appoint identified j...
- iamlucky13 said Growing up in a small parish, we’d occasiona...
- un-ionized said Joe, No, but if you have your car blessed you have...
- Benedict Joseph said Camille Paglia. She is like the untamed lightening...
- iamlucky13 said I don’t have much exposure to Paige. Her vul...
- frjim4321 said Oops, I wish that like a similar blog, PrayTell, t...
- dholwell said Thank you, Fr. Z, for sharing this, as I would no...
- frjim4321 said I suspect that most people here do not like Hillar...
- LDP said I’ve just followed the link and donated to t...
- cwhitty said Can a priest curse a place or thing though?
- Muv said Why even think of exorcism without having any evid...
- LarryW2LJ said hwriggles4 Here’s another good one from Mike...
- DavidJ said But Quint didn’t save anyone. He ended up g...
- hwriggles4 said Here is an analogy about Trump that makes a great...
- THREEHEARTS said excuse me again Fr Z in other words destroy the sa...
- THREEHEARTS said no other wau to communicate with you. Give us your...
- Ellen said I too respect Camille Paglia. She is blunt, she i...
- THREEHEARTS said Trump could easily win if he follows the Pope̵...
- anilwang said I definitely understand the sentiment. Even if Tru...
- Camille Paglia on Hillary: “The woman is a disaster!” | Fr. Z’s Blog | Deaconjohn1987's Blog said […] Source: Camille Paglia on Hillary: “The...
- Henry Edwards said Jack Orlando: ” Does Kwasniewski have something to...
- Lucas Whittaker said Related to the cooking situation in your current s...
- WVC said I, too, have a slight, grudging respect for Ms. Pa...
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee) and Norcia (beer)!
Without you, there is no blog.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Art by D Burkart
- Aedificantium enim unusquisque gladio erat accinctus.
- Nehemiah 4:18
"Where priest and people together face the same way, what we have is a cosmic orientation and also in interpretation of the Eucharist in terms of resurrection and trinitarian theology. Hence it is also an interpretation in terms of parousia, a theology of hope, in which every Mass is an approach to the return of Christ."
Joseph Ratzinger - The Feast of Faith"In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003
One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting. — C. S. Lewis
Ham Radio Stuff
Fr. Z - W9FRZ - OFF
QRV on: 00m 00000
Check Echolink WB0YLE-R - OFF
"One of the few things in life you can be absolutely sure about is that, if Management tells you it doesn't like your Tone, you are getting something right."
"Latin is a precise, essential language. It will be abandoned, not because it is unsuitable for the new requirements of progress, but because the new men will not be suitable for it. When the age of demagogues and charlatans begins, a language like Latin will no longer be useful, and any oaf will be able to give a speech in public and talk in such a way that he will not be kicked off the stage. The secret to this will consist in the fact that, by making use of words that are general, elusive, and sound good, he will be able to speak for an hour without saying anything. With Latin, this is impossible."
- - Giovanni Guareschi
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
"We as Catholics have not properly combated (the culture) because we have not been taught our Catholic Faith, especially in the depth needed to address these grave evils of our time. This is a failure of catechesis both of children and young people that has been going on for fifty years. It is being addressed, but it needs much more radical attention... What has also contributed greatly to the situation is an exaltation of the virtue of tolerance which is falsely seen as the virtue which governs all other virtues. In other words, we should tolerate other people in their immoral actions to the extent that we seem also to accept the moral wrong. Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not the principal virtue; the principal virtue is charity... Charity means speaking the truth. I have encountered it (not speaking the truth) many times myself as a priest and bishop. It is something we simply need to address. There is far too much silence — people do not want to talk about it because the topic is not 'politically correct.' But we cannot be silent any longer."
Raymond Card. Burke
Help the Sisters. They have a building project. Get great soap (gifts, etc.) while helping REAL nuns!
Some OBLIGATORY reading…
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A great hymnal…
Find a Quality Realtor. Support the Gospel of Life!
If you, or someone you know, needs to buy or sell a house, office, or any kind of domestic or commercial property anywhere in the world, call Real Estate For Life on 1-877-LIFE-US1. They connect you with an expert agent with a proven track-record from a local franchised broker or strong independent. When the sale is completed, the agent gives a portion of their fee to Real Estate For Life as a referral fee. Real Estate For Life gives 80% of that fee to one of the pro-life organizations they work with: a house with a value of $150,000 means $1000 goes to the pro-life organization. It doesn't cost you anything.
And for your cybersecurity…
Mystic Monk Coffee also has TEA!
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- All Hallows Eve: Doing it right!
- The Lord’s burial place opened for restoration and study
- ACTION ITEM: Benedictine Monks of Norcia – affected again, badly, by new earthquakes
- Camille Paglia on Hillary: “The woman is a disaster!”
- ACTION ITEM! Birettas for Seminarians Project! UPDATES
- ASK FATHER: Bless or exorcize new home?
- Rome 2- Day 2 & 3: Cooking up vestments and victuals
- Flash back with Stravinsky’s Mass
- Peter Kwasniewski: Why tradition is important and reverence alone isn’t enough
- TORONTO: Upcoming Solemn Mass and Conference
- Wherein Fr. Z rants: Our worship, therefore our identity, needs orthotics.
- Card. Kasper: It’s a scandal to deny Communion to adulterers
- “Today is called the Feast of Crispian…”
- Libertarians unmasked!
- DePaul University Pres. Fr. Dennis Holtschneider prohibits ‘Unborn Lives Matter’ posters
- ROME 2 – Day 1: Exorcisms, guts, and Roman altars
- “Be Thou unto us, O Lord, a help when we go forward, a comfort by the way…”
- ASK FATHER: An old priest gets confused, hard to understand
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- The war is here.
- Archbp. Chaput: a smaller Church of fewer believers rather than compromise orthodoxy
- Spiritual Super Powers: Monks of Norcia and Card. Sarah
- WDTPRS – 23rd Sunday after Pentecost: SNIP!
- ASK FATHER: Is a priest allowed to do the readings, or must a lay person do them?
- Wimple by Wimple in New Jersey
- Christmas isn’t too far away
- Contentions between liturgists and musicians: What to do?
- Fr. Murray on Hillary’s anti-Catholic distortions at Al Smith Dinner
- More Wikileaks emails about lib machinations tied to the Clinton campaign
- WDTPRS – 30th Sunday of Ordinary Time: “E ‘n la sua volontade…”
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Please follow me on Twitter!
- "It will never be known what acts of cowardice have been committed for fear of not looking sufficiently progressive."
Charles Pierre Péguy Notre Patrie, 1905"If I ought to write the truth, I am of the mind that I ought to flee all meetings of bishops, because I have never seen any happy or satisfactory outcome to any council, nor one that has deterred evils more than it has occasioned their acceptance and growth."
St. Gregory Nazianzus ep. 131 - AD 382“We will conquer your Rome, break your crosses, and enslave your women. If we do not reach that time, then our children and grandchildren will reach it, and they will sell your sons as slaves at the slave market.”
Reading and gift ideas!
Search Results for: Zuhlsdorf's Law
Last week I wrote that I passed my Extra exam, to upgrade my license. Really. I did actually pass. So, I patiently checked the FCC site every couple days to see if the upgrade was posted. No joy. Then I … Continue reading
If you are reading this today, we are both lucky. I actually got it posted and you brought up the page! Today we have a great example of Zuhlsdorf’s Law in full force. Zuhlsdorf’s Law Murphy was an optimst. Therefore… … Continue reading
Last week I posted about the long delay for my Amateur Extra license upgrade to be posted on the FCC site. It FINALLY came through. So, that’s take care of. Last week I also posted on my struggles under the influence … Continue reading
I am on my way to Rome today, thanks to all of you… quite a few of you! Of course this is when Zuhlsdorf’s Law clicks in big time. Many of you will remember Zuhlsdorf’s Law. Many of you will … Continue reading
I am packing for my flight to Italy tomorrow. I’m pretty sure that my flights won’t be affected by nasty weather. Speaking of nasty weather, this morning I had a call from my mother in Florida, right on the coast where the … Continue reading
It has been a few weeks since I’ve posted under this rubric. One of you readers sent me a laser measuring device, which should be helpful. Thanks! Also, I got some Anderson Powerpole stuff. Thanks! I have some serious to … Continue reading
Yes, the blog was down today for a while. I think this was a combination of Zuhlsdorf’s Law and another one of Pope Francis’ … interesting moves. A reboot took care of the annoying problem.
I see that the mobile version of the blog is presently not working. Sorry about that. I have sent a note to the guru. Of course this should happen on a super busy day! Zuhlsdorf’s Law. Pray to our Guardian … Continue reading
I don’t like to expose much about plots of movies I see because I detest spoilers. Yesterday (being Tuesday, my movie day, $5 all day and free popcorn), I saw The Martian (from the book HERE). Gorgeous martian landscapes, apparently … Continue reading
I don’t know whether this came from an attack or if something is a little wonky with the database, but a couple times now people have found when clicking on links to posts or comments that they are directed to … Continue reading
I have received a few emails from readers who have been getting a message about a “white list” when trying to comment here. I will try to get to the bottom of this. UPDATE: A reader send a screen shot … Continue reading
As most of you know, I had serious laptop problems – according to the incontrovertible cosmic Zuhlsdorf’s Law – while in Rome. I am so very grateful to all of you who pitched in to the old “Get A Mac” … Continue reading
Today was a day of deep blessings and deep frustrations. It was a day of wetness from rain and wetness from tears. Let me dispense with the frustrations. The cellular network and internet in the area was nearly completely overwhelmed … Continue reading
What a whirlwind. First, help each other out by checking… daily… YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS Then, also daily for a few more days… just a few seconds of your time… HELP! 2013 About Catholicism Readers’ Choice Awards And… POLL: Which … Continue reading