Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- monstrance: Julia – BINGO
- Nan: A friend sent me a copy of his mom’ s beautiful little self published cookbook, filled with family recipes, some for lent. I went to a fish fry at the parish my friends son goes to...
- THREEHEARTS: un-ionized - Thank you for your understand ing. I was not and am still not very brave. 80 years a catholic man. It was hard I went to school with boys who became priests and I was on...
- Joe in Canada: Her comments about what he “sai d and did on the first day” , and the implicatio n that the Archbishop supports him, seems to imply that he had some sort of mission from...
- Peter Ignotus: I realize this doesn’t carry much weight, nor should it. I’d delete my original comment if I could. My concern is that some will equate pissing people off with success, when in fact...
- PetersBarque: So this Jezebel—I mean Maureen—ha s taken it upon herself to speak for the whole kit and caboodle parish with the disrespect and snobbery spewed forth in this vicious diatribe. And...
- Roy Hobbs: Is there any other context of the situation( s) of which this letter alludes? It’s difficult to read the way it is, and some context would help. Otherwise, this lady is sound...
- straphaelguy: Padding has been ordered for the communion rails at my parish. It seems we will soon be making use of them again!
- monstrance: I never would have imagined the Tansmanian Devil a modernist.
- TKS: I just checked out his parish website. Many Latin Masses.
- Sue in soCal: Not being a priest, I can still sympathize . My husband, one of my adult sons, and I have moved from a more traditiona l parish (no Latin Mass but plenty of incense, adorati...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: ALL: Say a prayer to everyone 8217;s Guardian Angels now, including the angels who guard Bp. Elliot, an old acquaintan ce of mine. Bp. Elliot will visit the parish to see...
- Julia_Augusta: Andrew is correct. If you do a Google search, you will see Maureen Bennett 217;s photo, together with another woman in the Tasmanian Catholic, Volume 3, Issue 3 2007, page 14, in...
- Scout: From https://ww w.facebook .com/holyw oundslatin massguild/ posts/2094 5614673011 01 Communicat ion from the Archbishop 20 March 2019 Having received a number of emails expressing conce...
- SanSan: So sorry Fr. Nicholas Rynne. This woman is out of line and so unchristia n in her remarks. My goodness, we don’ t have to agree with everyone, but must we be so vile?
- Gab: If anyone wants to send an email of support and thanks to Fr Rynne https://ho bart.catho lic.org.au /church/ho ly-trinity -westbury
- tho: As I noted from a sentence in her letter that she downplays the fear of God, I have read that such a sentiment is the beginning of wisdom. Sadly there are many Maureen 217;s out there,...
- Gab: What a tiresome thing to read. Why are liberal catholics so mouthy? “Oh Father has a difficult personalit y!”. Oh boo-hoo. A lot of people have difficult personalit es and they...
- JARay: If I get to Tasmania (something which I have been contemplat ing doing for some time) I must make it my business to seek out Fr. Rynne in Elizabeth Town in order to congratula te him. I...
- Charivari Rob: “You rs sincerely& #8221; Way to stay classy, Maureen. In a civil society, form must be observed. “we can only judge by Maureen’s own account. 8221; Why would anyone...
- BrionyB: Perhaps Fr Rynne does have what some would call a ‘difficult personalit y’ – I have heard he requested to go to this parish knowing that it would be a challenge, which suggests he...
- Fallibilissimo: Well, that’ ;s impressive . Looking at those young people together, holding each other, singing in a great big circle reminds me of something Gustave Doré would engrave from...
- bookworm: Oh wow, I wish I’d been there! There was also a HUGE pro-life rally earlier this week (Wednesday , March 20) that drew over 3,000 peopleR 30;. between that crowd, a smaller...
- MaHrad: All the more reason to make sure we tell good priests how much we appreciate what they do and how they put themselves on the line. A lot of us don’ t realize how much heat they take...
- mo7: She sounds like Susan from the parish council. lol Today the Cardinal Archbishop of New York recommende d a book by Cdl. John Henry Newman and apologized for it Latin title, so Maureen is just...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Vicious letter to a young, faithful priest
- LENTCAzT 2019 18 – Saturday in the 2nd Week: God chooses the weak
- STOP THE PRESSES: Young people sing in the Illinois State Capitol
- Study Commission: no evidence women were ordained to the diaconate
- Your Good News – UPDATED
- Dots to connect
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- LENTCAzT 2019 17 – Friday in the 2nd Week: The most efficacious devotion?
- Wherein Fr. Z makes an appeal to the readership
- “Dear Fathers, dear seminarians…” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- LENTCAzT 2019 16 – Thursday in the 2nd Week: “Don’t give me heaven! Instead give me…”
- George Weigel on “Two Georges” and future persecution
- Francis’ Triduum Schedule: strange lacuna
- Bp. Schneider: On the question of a heretical pope
- ASK FATHER: Father doses off during Mass
- LENTCAzT 2019 15 – Wednesday in the 2nd Week: Card. Burke
- Officially BADASS CATHOLIC PHOTO
- Germany: More dissent from nuns
- “Te, Ioseph celebrent”, a hymn in honor of the Terror of Demons
- CRISIS: Keen analysis of the implosion of the German Church
- LENTCAzT 2019 14 – Tuesday in the 2nd Week: Glorious St. Joseph!
- Lighter fare
- Wherein Fr. Z rants about Hell and sin and Enemy of the soul
- LENTCAzT 2019 13 – Monday in the 2nd Week: Kneeling at Mass, its actual liturgical function
- “You just want the 1950’s back!”
- ASK FATHER: How can eating desserts during Lent be fasting? Would Jesus eat desserts?
- News from the great Benedictines at Norcia: building, dogs, liturgy, beer
- ASK FATHER: A question about a marriage situation (not mine)
- How to spot a good preacher
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Search Results for: five dubia
Here is a great video for your information. Ed Pentin, arguably the best English-language Vaticanista in Rome right now is interviewed. Fr. Murray begins his remarks at 10:00 (don’t miss it).
From Edward Pentin at the faithful National Catholic Register (not to be confused with faithless Fishwrap): Full Text of Dubia Cardinals’ [The Four Cardinals who submitted the Five Dubia] Letter Asking Pope for an Audience The April 25 missive was hand-delivered to … Continue reading
At St. Raymond of Penafort Church in Virginia (which if I am not mistaken was built by my my friend Fr. James Gould), another Raymond, Card. Burke, answered a question about the Five Dubia submitted by the Four Cardinals about the … Continue reading
A week or so ago, I received a working list of churchmen who seem to be in favor of submitting (and getting answers to) the Five Dubia of the Four Cardinals™, who seem to be against the same and who seem to … Continue reading
In the shallow, liberal, Italian Catholic weekly Panorama we are informed about a booklet now out over the name of Card. Coccopalmerio, Prefect of the Pontifical Council for Legislative Texts. It is ballyhooed as “the response” to the Five Dubia of … Continue reading
The Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith is doing his job. His Eminence Gerhard Ludwig Card. Müller, has given a long interview to the Italian Catholic monthly Il Timone. Title: “You don’t negotiate Truth.” He comments on … Continue reading
Edward Pentin, probably the best English language journalist working around the Vatican these days, posted at the National Catholic Register a piece about support for the Four Cardinals and the Five Dubia. Yes, he writes about Card. Müller’s TV interview which … Continue reading
I found Edward Feser’s essay on Schadenfreude to be especially helpful after the election of Donald J. Trump as President of These United States of America after the humiliating defeat of Hillary and everything she stands for. Truly helpful. … Continue reading
His Eminence Raymond Leo Card. Burke gave interview to LifeSite. He said that the “formal correction” of Pope Francis he had mentioned before could “probably” be issued sometime after the upcoming Feast of the Epiphany, thus after 6 January 2017 Among the … Continue reading
Raymond Arroyo interviewed His Eminence Raymond Card. Burke about the “state of the question” concerning The Questions. Card. Burke is one of the Four Cardinals who submitted Five Dubia about Ch. 8 of Amoris laetitia to His Holiness Pope Francis. The … Continue reading
At LifeSite we read interesting remarks by Bp. Athanasius Schneider of Kazakhstan. Bp. Schneider made an interesting comparison. about a conference held in Rome. Present were the two of the Four Cardinals (Burke, Brandmüller) who submitted the Five Dubia and … Continue reading
LifeSite has a petition in support of the Four Cardinals and their Five Dubia. HERE Please consider signing. I, for one, want clarity about the questions submitted by the Four Cardinals. The questions were necessary to maintain the integrity the … Continue reading
IMPORTANT UPDATE – Dean of Rota: Pope could strip Four Cardinals of Cardinalate because of Five Dubia
UPDATE 1 Dec: This we now read at Religion Confidencial: Religión Confidencial publicó el martes una noticia que ponía en boca de monseñor Pio Vito Pinto, decano de la Rota Romana, la afirmación de que los cuatro cardenales que han … Continue reading
You know about the Five Dubia of the Four Cardinals submitted, first privately, now publicly to His Holiness Pope Francis about Chapter 8 of Amoris laetitia. I have another PODCAzT about Bp. Schneider on Amoris laetitia. HERE The Four Cardinal and their … Continue reading
From LifeSite comes a piece by John Henry Weston about how the new US Cardinals reacted to questions about the Five Dubia submitted by the Four Cardinals. HERE Card. Farrell roughly pushed away a reporters hand with a recorder. Meanwhile: […] Cardinal … Continue reading