Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Charles E Flynn: There is a cable TV show called “Ame rican Greed̶ 1;, narrated by Stacy Keach. I wonder if there is a narrator suitable for “Hon duran Greed̶ 1;.
- Charles E Flynn: @Fr. Timothy Ferguson, I suspect you ignored the diabolical voice of any GPS available to you, which may not have known about the detour.
- Blackfriar: tamranthor , the answer to your question as far as doctrine is concerned is found in the motu proprio Apostolos suos of St Pope John Paul II from 1998: “In order that the doctri...
- Charles E Flynn: If you want to see what a previously -seen tail number is doing today: https://fl ightaware. com/live/
- surritter: @robtbrown … You have no idea what I was saying. Please read my previous comment. I am not in any way talking about the Missal, or Pentecost, or any of that. Sheesh.
- surritter: Don’ t let Fr. James Martin S.J. hear about the pope’ ;s comment! He might not like it (awwwwR 30;.).
- Joy65: If it’s followed it is a step in the right direction.
- LeeGilbert: Well, with regard to the investment advice, it is a bit hard to lay the accusation of defrauding widows and orphans against Card. Rodriguez Maradiaga, for it was not he who defrau...
- ChrisP: The assumption underlying LinkerR 17;s thoughts is invalid, imo. Pope Francis is 82 next Dec. He doesn̵ 7;t have time. He himself admits it. That means he has not enough time to...
- HighMass: P.S. don’ t misunderst and, would love to see the TLM as the Ordinary Form, Oremus
- HighMass: Who would of thought 15 yrs ago the TLM would be more accessible ? Personally we wished Pope Benedict XVI (after his election) would “all ow” that Mass that was never to be...
- JustaSinner: Liberalism on display!!! ! Like acid, corrodes everything it touches.
- Fr. Timothy Ferguson: I am not certain whether Pope Francis has a long-game strategy for the Church, but I am convinced to the very core of my being that God does. Right now, I can’ t under...
- tamranthor: I have often wondered precisely what authority a national conference of bishops can lay claim to, in light of the dogma of the Holy Catholic Church. It seems a rather malleable thing,...
- jhayes: MaternalVi ew, the USCCB policy statement points out that objectivel y disordered inclinatio ns are not limited to homosexual persons. The homosexual inclinatio n is objectivel y disorde...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): Defrauding widows and orphans: isn’t that one of the sins that cry out to heaven for vengeance? [Now that you mention it…. ]
- KateD: Wow! Seems like an opportunit y for redevelopm ent… .if only there was SOMEONE in our government knowledgea ble about land developmen t.
- Sawyer: The flaw in the speculatio n is that it considers the Church as merely a natural, human institutio n with an uniquely restrictiv e political apparatus for “pol icy” changes but...
- Daddio: Hmmm. I think all of us [What do you mean “all of us”? ] should just turn down the panic machine and avoid the term “Mac hiavellian cunning 221; when referring to our...
- Simon_GNR: Excellent post, Father Z. It says plainly and clearly what the authentic Catholic position is on homosexual ity and same-sex attraction . Well said. I feel sympathy for people who are...
- iPadre: Very sad destructio n.
- Unwilling: The universe and all that occurs, or is done within it, is reality by the eternal creative Will. The only real value is to be obedient to God.
- Andreas: I must confess that in scanning the photos I fear that I mistakenly believed that the first from the Star Wars display (that of Obi-Wan 217;s costume) was yet another bit of someth...
- Ben Kenobi: Wow. Prendergas t is very good, has turned out for the March for Life in years past. You would think that I’d be hearing this statement from my own media here and not from an...
- Amerikaner: Wow, shocking! I feel so bad for her and the others that were swindled. Is Card. Rodriguez Maradiaga still one of the close Papal advisors? And if so, why?? …
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Pope Francis on homosexual seminarians: This bridge is closed!
- My View For Awhile: Urban Devastation Edition
- Does Pope Francis have a “long game” strategy?
- Interview about Honduran Card. Rodriguez Maradiaga
- Canadian Jesuit Archbp. Prendergast comments on crazy German bishops’ scheme
- Pope’s words about God making someone “gay”
- Some cool stuff, old and new, in Rome and Detroit
- @Card_R_Sarah terrific sermon for Pentecost and pilgrimage
- A Bishop calls on his brother Bishops to celebrate the Traditional Pontifical Mass, TLM
- “I originally sent you this story 8 years ago, for the brick by brick file…” UPDATE
- “Where there is no temple there shall be no homes.”
- Pastor Iuventus on the appalling Met “Gay-la”
- Chilling – probably correct – explanation of mass school shootings
- A Pentecost Monday lesson: “And Paul VI wept.”
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Sunday: that strong stable edge
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- BACK IN PRINT! The Heresy of Formlessness
- My View For Awhile: Creston Edition
- “I used to think hosts found on floors was Traditional Catholic hyperbole…”
- Monday after Pentecost: Memorial of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of the Church – TEXTS
- Bp. Schneider’s terrific talk in Rome – ACTION ITEM!
- ASK FATHER: As a lay woman, should I have a “Mass kit” in my “Bug Out Bag”?
- @JamesMartinSJ can also amuse
- I have bad news and good news: Scouts and Troops
- Darío Card. Castrillón Hoyos, former Pres. of the Pont. Comm. “Ecclesia Dei” – RIP
- Bp. Schneider on the Met “Gay-la”
- BOOKS RECEIVED: Peter Kreeft and 2018 Ignatius Pew Missal
- VIDEOS: Lessons in how properly to fold a cassock
- VIDEO: Military pilgrimage to Lourdes
- Fascinating and sad: transcript of 1976 meeting of Paul VI and SSPX Archbp. Lefebvre
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Search Results for: norcia
News from Norcia!
I warmly urge you to visit their site, check out their donation page, and consider joining their beer club.
Speaking of beer, be sure to look at what they have going … below.
In moments of tragedy when all … Continue reading
Lifted from NLM. Go over there to see the photos, etc:
The 2017 Norcia Summer Theology Program of the Albertus Magnus Center for Scholastic Studies, “Divine Power in a Hidden Way,” will be starting up in a month’s time: July 2-14.
We … Continue reading
News has come from the monks of Norcia. They have a huge challenge ahead as the rebuild. Please support them. They are a rock solid, worthy cause. Some times it is hard to know if your monetary support is … Continue reading
I have good news and bad from the wonderful Benedictine Beer Monks of Norcia. You know that Norcia was flattened and that the monks have really had to scramble and adapt.
This note came in their recent news:
While there is still enough … Continue reading
For the sake of a wider audience, the latest from the Benedictine “Beer” Monks of Norcia, where the terrible recent earthquakes changed, and ended, lives.
All of Norcia is the same; it’s like a war zone. There are military and firefighter … Continue reading
Just as I got up today, everything started to sway around. I was feeling the strong 7.0 earthquake that struck just a few kilometers from Norcia. One text I received said that it was felt as far away as Salzburg, which … Continue reading
A reader sent email:
Wednesday Oct 26, according to my Theosis devotional (from Eastern Christian Publications in Virginia) is the Commemoration of the Great and Fearful Earthquake, Constantinople, 740.
For what it’s worth.
Last night, 26 Oct, I felt in Rome, the new series of … Continue reading
I am reading Card. Sarah’s new book “The Power of Silence: against the dictatorship of noise”. It is profound. What a tonic for the confused pabulum we are getting from… elsewhere.
I got a note from the Benedictine monks of Norcia … Continue reading
To donate CLICK HERE
Dom Cassian Folsom has some reflections on the earthquakes which shook the monastery at Norcia. HERE
For the time being, the monks of Norcia have moved down to Rome and are at the Benedictine community on the Aventine Hill, Sant’Anselmo.
Today the … Continue reading