Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Blas: Do flying companies allow married workers fly the same plane?
- jbazchicago: individual
- Grant M: It’s the Gretna Greening of the Catholic Church.
- ChiaraDiAssisi: How romantic. *eye roll
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- DC March for Life 2018 – DAY 1: Paintings and plots
- Canonist Ed Peters on the Papal mid-air airplane nuptials
- The Pope marries a couple on the papal airplane. Hmmm.
- Big Business Is WATCHING!
- My View For Awhile: March For Life 2018 Edition
- “The Triumph of Marcantonio Colonna” described
- ASK FATHER: Would anything prevent a priest from always using the traditional formula of absolution?
- 2 Feb – MADISON – Candlemas – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- Card. Müller on authority of Popes, possibility of others correcting contradictory papal teachings
- ASK FATHER: If I remember a sin after confessing, should I interrupt the priest and tell him?
- An Armenian bishop “ordains” a deaconette
- Two seriously ugly signs of the times involving papal honors and the silencing of bells
- BOOK RECEIVED about Martin Luther (not King but by “King”)
- ASK FATHER: How do I find out which territorial parish I live in?
- Who cares what libs think? Boldly recover and use great traditional items and vesture of yore.
- ASK FATHER: If I confess to watching porn, must I say it was homosexual porn?
- ACTION ITEM! Petition against removal of historic Cross where Fr. Marquette died
- ASK FATHER: We want our children to have reverent Masses. Can we go to the SSPX chapel?
- VIDEO Bp. Athanasius Schneider interview about “Amoris laetitia” Controversy
- ASK FATHER: Should I tell a noisy penitent that we can hear everything said in the confessional?
- Observing the Feast of the Ass – 14 January
- A false #missilethreat is NOTHING compared to this REAL DEATH THREAT
- 14 Jan – Happy Feast of the Ass!
- Fr. Murray on EWTN with outstanding commentary on recent developments
- Wherein @MassimoFaggioli tosses another nastygram at the “rigorist” straw man
- How bad is the situation of vocations to the priesthood tragic Germany?
- Esolen on virtue and chastity in “Wonder Woman” (not the one you immediately thought of)
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Please follow me on Twitter!
A book by an old friend…
Category Archives: ACTION ITEM!
This HORRIBLE news just arrived.
SPORCH needs you now. HERE
Keep in mind that this nice lady, Mary, whom I’ve met, has through her efforts made it possible for many priests to have beautiful materials for Holy Mass in the Extraordinary Form.
In … Continue reading
If you don’t know what this IMPORTANT project is all about, go HERE.
Meanwhile, I have received a thank you note from a seminarian recipient of one of your birettas.
I just thought you would like to know.
INDIANAPOLIS 17 NOV – YOUNG PEOPLE! Traditional Solemn Mass for the National Catholic Youth Conference
There will be a SOLEMN Mass in the traditional, Extraordinary Form at the NCYC (National Catholic Youth Conference)
Solemn High EF Mass
Friday, November 17th 2017
Indiana Convention Center
Mass will be located in the adoration chapel in the convention center
At NLM … Continue reading
The north side of Chicago has massive and venerable Polish churches. Some have languished and were in danger of closure, such as St. John Cantius and St. Mary of the Angels.
What revived them? Traditional Catholic liturgy and teaching.
I had a … Continue reading
UPDATE 10 Nov:
See Church Militant… but before you do that… sign the petitions!
First, at LifeSite…. HERE [as I write – 5253]
Then, at Change… HERE [as I write – 5,469]
___ Originally on: Nov 4, 2017
If you are not up to speed about the horrid attacks … Continue reading
You know about the BIRETTAS FOR SEMINARIANS PROJECT. I reminded you of it the other day.
I had a note from a seminarian in these USA:
First, I wanted to thank you on behalf of my seminarian brothers and myself for all that … Continue reading
“¡Hagan lío!”, right?
I had a note last month from John Hastreiter at Leaflet Missal:
About 30 guys on the waiting list.
It’s enough to make you choke up. THIRTY men waiting… waiting… waiting….
YOU, dear readers, have supplied over 100 birettas to seminarians. Kudos. … Continue reading
Let’s have a review of the indulgences available for All Souls and the days that follow, so that you can plan your own action. Don’t let these days slip by.
From the Handbook of Indulgences:
Visiting a Church or an Oratory on All … Continue reading
From the Catholic League:
Attack On Bishop Morlino Is Scurrilous
October 30, 2017
Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on recent attacks on Bishop Robert Morlino of the Diocese of Madison (Wisconsin):
Catholics in the Diocese of Madison are very fortunate to have such … Continue reading
I’ve been mentioning – and finding mentions of – St. Michael often of late.
I’m praying the longer, mighty St. Michael Prayer daily now. As a matter of fact, I just said it again as an important meeting about which I … Continue reading
On 13 October, special Masses will be celebrated on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the Miracle of the Sun during the final apparition of Our Lady at Fatima.
Use the combox to post about YOUR Masses!
In Madison, His Excellency … Continue reading
From a reader…
Thanks for all that you do on this blog. It’s been a real blessing for me and my family over the years. My question concerns confirmation. I live in a diocese where the bishop has established a “policy” … Continue reading
We need a fuller, wider more dedicated implementation of Benedict XVI’s great gift to the Church, Summorum Pontificum.
Via CARA on Twitter:
US Catholics haven’t become more religiously active with age. Stay with habits of young adulthood. Other Christians have become more … Continue reading
UPDATE: See below!
My spidey sense is tingling.
I’m having a flashback… but the details are a little vague. I need the help of the readership with this. You have long memories and can find stuff when you work together.
What brought this … Continue reading
From a reader…
While at Missa Cantata yesterday there was clearly some confusion on the part of the servers and consequently the congregation as to when they should stand rather than kneel.
The MC said the servers should be standing for the … Continue reading