- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- CGPearson said Correct me if I’m wrong, @JonPatrick, but to...
- mr205 said It seems to me that some on the left think that th...
- happyCatholic said Here is what I will say for capitalism as it has b...
- Dave N. said It’s a little difficult to reconcile “...
- SophiaGrace said Thank you, Father.
- annmarie said I agree with most of what Judge Napolitano said....
- Joboww said @Sword he calls himself a libertarian and subscri...
- Uxixu said To echo defenderofTruth, one can still be lower ca...
- Torpedo1 said At The Masked Chicken, May I quote you to a friend...
- sawdustmick said Which way up is it ? Can someone help me please ?
- McCall1981 said @vmanning, I think you make a very good point ther...
- Woody79 said Well said by the former judge. As for Dan’s...
- vmanning said It is dangerous that every pronouncement must be f...
- Salvelinus said I REALLY dont like to say this, but the more I hea...
- jbas said I like it.
- frRobertM said I really dislike these “artistic endeavours&...
- Paulo said Thank you all who prayed for my father, who had be...
- Sword40 said All systems working fine, Fr. Z. Thanks for anothe...
- Polycarpio said The Pope is NOT a Marxist!...
- Sword40 said No, the Judge is not “libertarian”. Ul...
- Siculum said Good.
- Siculum said Too bad this isn’t April Fools Day.
- Dundonianski said This was a remarkably prescient article by the lea...
- Dundonianski said This was a remarkably prescient article by the lea...
- Siculum said I grew up learning that it is the poor who might j...
- robtbrown said BTW, I knew lots of priests from Argentina during...
- robtbrown said vandalia says: Is the ultimate goal of an economic...
- StJude said I agree with the Judge… I dont think Jesus w...
- Siculum said Chiming in on (one of) my Feast Days.
- iPadre said Anyone who would commit such a destruction of beau...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
- Gift ideas and a really swell way to get your caffeine fix!
- Wherein Fr. Z posts his annual rant on BLUE vestments and then sings to you. POLL!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Category Archives: Benedict XVI
On YouTube someone posted a filmette of still photos of Benedict XVI saying Mass on 1 September with some of his old students. You might remember that for many years he would meet with some former (hah… current!) pupils for … Continue reading
Over at The Sensible Bond there is a must read post. Here is a sample with my emphases:
The phoney war in the Church: five linguistic thoughts on THAT interview
Like speed, language is also war. It’s the stuff of propaganda. It’s the … Continue reading
We now have in Francis the most wonderfulest and fluffliest Pope ehvur. Liberals are crowing that the bestest Pope of all is against rules. He’s chill about abortion and women’s ordination and, like, stuff. No other Pope has ever kissed … Continue reading
In the Big Interview, Francis said in response to a question about the Second Vatican Council something about the Vetus Ordo, the older Mass, the Extraordinary Form.
I’ll cut to the chase for those of you who only read the title … Continue reading
From a reader:
What do you think would the effect be of a public Papal Mass in the Extraordinary Form, if were ever to happen?
The quick answer is that it would send a strong message that a) it is important to … Continue reading
I called for you to celebrate the anniversary of Summorum Pontificum going into effect.
Someone did Pope Benedict proud!
I direct your attention to Catholic Cuisine: Deo gratias!
Technorati Tags: SUMMORUM PONTIFICUM
Today, Feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross, is the 6th anniversary of Summorum Pontificum going into effect.
You might say a prayer for Benedict XVI and also thank God for this important gift to the people of God.
As I … Continue reading
You, like I, have been hearing a lot these days about a Church of “the poor” and a rehabilitation of Liberation Theology. This has caused concern for some who are doctrinally coherent and orthodox and elation for liberals.
The following article … Continue reading
Let’s look at the Collect for the 21st Sunday of Ordinary Time:
Deus, qui fidelium mentes unius efficis voluntatis, da populis tuis id amare quod praecipis, id desiderare quod promittis, ut, inter mundanas varietates, ibi nostra fixa sint corda, ubi vera … Continue reading