"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- gracie said I saw the video that was taken down. It was factu...
- aviva meriam said There are several priests locally who “occas...
- Choirmaster said Best advice: out of sight. Whatever you can do to...
- Mary Jane said I have traveled to Rome twice, and I always enjoy...
- pseudomodo said I have wondered long and hard about the Holy Fathe...
- Maltese said Lyons says: “See his name badge strap. Voris...
- LarryW2LJ said That one Swiss Guard historic uniform (the one in...
- AnAmericanMother said Back rows, definitely. Acoustically this generally...
- tominrichmond said Ummm, yes, can’t understand why a factual re...
- CrimsonCatholic said I wondered the same thing acroat. Since when is b...
- TheAcolyte said Why does Vorris (et al) always cite the wild asser...
- IoannesPetrus said Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Perhaps more space could be ma...
- Southern Baron said Our parish, like many, rearranged things in the 80...
- Kathleen10 said I’m still not sure why he needed to apologiz...
- acardnal said There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism...
- IoannesPetrus said StnyPtGuy, JonPatrick: “the Rev. Lawrence Di...
- sekman said That amice is incredible! Not only would launderin...
- Fr Martin Fox said I don’t see how this is Mr. Voris hanging Ca...
- acardnal said robtbrown, did you see my comment under “Pop...
- acroat said Do some of the commenters believe the buzzed.com a...
- acroat said Do some of the commenters believe the buzzed.com a...
- IoannesPetrus said I forgot to add, re: my last point on who can crit...
- IoannesPetrus said I think everyone’s missing the point or taki...
- Lyons said See his name badge strap. Voris is a Notre Dame g...
- Titus said Vestments are nice, but I want to know where my pa...
- tcreek said My parish has a large (never used) choir loft. The...
- Unwilling said The person of the Pope, Pope Francis now, is sacre...
- robtbrown said StnyPtGuy says: Is the Father Lawrence DiNardo me...
- APX said The only issue with putting them in the back is if...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said I see “Camponeschi” on the wine bottle...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ASK FATHER: The priest changes many things during Mass
- ASK FATHER: Placement of choir
- Michael Voris, Card. Burke… corrections
- ROME – Day 3: Vestments, cont. Other stuff.
- 22 October: Sts. Nunilo and Alodia! Virgins and Martyrs
- ROME – Day 2: Vestments edition
- Oh the humanity!
- D. Pittsburgh: Extraordinary Form Parish
- Pope Francis, Pope
- Sistine Chapel “rented” out to Porsche?
- Helen Hull Hitchcock – RIP
- ROMA – Day 1: Hitting the ground running
- Card. Kasper invokes journalist war against another Cardinal?
- My View For Awhile: Midtown Tunnel Edition
- Extraordinary Synod on Family is, thanks be to God, over.
- VIDEO: Stop this and watch this
- ASK FATHER: Prayer for the Holy Father’s intention?
- NYC Day 2: Benedict Edition
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS Collect 19th Sunday after Pentecost- “Why did God make you?”
- Wherein Card. Burke is compared to Archbp. Lefebvre
- WDTPRS 29th Ordinary Sunday: “bear with me” – glory and pregnancy
- Pope Francis’ final address to the Synod as it closes
- NYC Day 1: Pastrami Edition
- Hell’s Bible’s editorial on the Synod
- Views on the Synod right now
- What Card. Burke really said to BuzzFeed
- ASK FATHER: Lay people purifying vessels at Mass
- Card Sarah of Africa on Synod
- ASK FATHER: Can’t get real baptism certificate! Wedding in six weeks!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: Benedict XVI
I saw on News.va that today, one year ago, Benedict XVI launched @Pontifex on Twitter.
Pope Francis has continued to use it, no doubt through surrogates.
Here is his latest Latin tweet:
Expers laetitiae nulla concipi valet Ecclesia quae tum videlicet maxime gaudet … Continue reading
You will want to read this carefully and put it in your “IMPORTANT” file.
This is, again, HUGE news.
The 450th anniversary of the closing of the Council of Trent is coming up on 4 December. We like to celebrate these great … Continue reading
Over at the Catholic Herald, the UK’s best Catholic weekly, William Oddie has a piece in which he opines on the HUGE letter of support that Pope Francis send to Archbishop Marchetto.
You will recall that Archbp. Marchetto has been for … Continue reading
Okay, the filmettes of the little kid who invaded Pope Francis’ space during the big “Family Day” do in Rome are fun. I am sure the MSM will play them for a couple days and even more people (who may … Continue reading
Does anything about the following strike you as supremely ironic?
Vatican II continues to mark ecclesial life today, says archbishop
BY MARY SOLBERG
Catholic News Service
ERIE, Pa. (CNS) — Archbishop Piero Marini, a Vatican official, recalls watching bishops day after day pour … Continue reading
As you know the statue of Our Lady of Fatima came to Rome and returned to Fatima. I was in Rome the last time she arrived. Alas, because I am with a pilgrimage I just missed her this time.
However, it … Continue reading
I read at Rorate about a strong speech given by SSPX Bp. Bernard Fellay which is effectively a denunciation of Pope Francis and Pope Benedict and – yawn – you know the rest.
Here is a sample:
“The situation of the Church … Continue reading
Here is something curious.
The Holy Father meets with his new Gang of 8, the cardinalatial kitchen cabinet, for – what? – 3 days? Did I get that right?
Fr. Federico Lombardi, SJ, the papal spokesman said that during the meetings of … Continue reading