Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Long-Skirts said THE BATTLE We battle for Mass Daily it’s said. We...
- Tom Piatak said TWF: I would be interested in any evidence showing...
- William Tighe said “He was the typical royal who slept with any...
- SaintJude6 said @ Suz. That priest’s post was insulting. So...
- Cincinnati Priest said Yes, not donuts and coffee but rather cappuccini e...
- Kathleen10 said Each of the people who processed and prayed as an...
- Susan G said At the Christ Our Life conference in Des Moines, I...
- frival said I was once informed in an online discussion that s...
- pelerin said Please Fr Z don’t frighten us like that too...
- Paulo said The announcement under the Tiber Creek sign isn...
- Magpie said The sad thing is, I would not be surprised. ItR...
- Irenaeus G. Saintonge said Suz., in my opinion, to call the SSPX’s rosa...
- Suz. from Oklah. said This article sums up very well what I cannot seem...
- marcelus said At lunch in Santa Marta , Bp Fellay incidentally &...
- marcelus said meant: or the Lord has shown the way finally?
- Suz. from Oklah. said They look so great in this video but, unfortunatel...
- marcelus said ppb says: 23 September 2014 at 12:12 pm marcelus:...
- JesusFreak84 said He’d've blown a gasket that this was even up...
- LarryW2LJ said Did I fall asleep? Is it April 1st already?
- Gabriel Syme said @ CradleRevert [@ is used on Twitter. This isn't...
- carolinapublican said Wait Just A Minute! Donuts & Coffee? In Rome...
- anna 6 said It would be wonderful for all of the above stated...
- Magash said Father, to be quite honest about it anyone who has...
- APX said Reconciliation suggests that I might have done som...
- Magash said You mean like he he was? (Removed for ministry, at...
- iPadre said I was thinking the same thing this morning. Heads...
- MouseTemplar said At our parish that Sunday, our pastor, who had jus...
- New Sister said Thank GOD for the SSPX ~ may He bless & assure...
- Mike said Genevieve: An Ave ascends on your behalf. Teach y...
- Genevieve said But Father, but Father… While you’re d...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- St. Pio and the Smell Test
- Pope Francis to change the name of St. Peter’s Basilica
- OKLAHOMA CITY: Reparation, adoration of Christ VICTOR after sacrilege, blasphemy, evil
- SSPX officials met with Card. Müller, Prefect of CDF
- Card. Burke: “It simply makes no sense to talk about mercy which doesn’t respect truth.”
- BOOK: Remaining in the Truth of Christ: Marriage and Communion in the Catholic Church
- These days, this is what I feel is being done to our Church.
- Wherein Fr. Z rants
- We are at your planet’s tipping point!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Talk Like A Pirate Day – FOOT NOTE
- WDTPRS 25th Ordinary Sunday: Do you have unfinished business?
- “Be Thou King of all those who are still involved in the darkness of idolatry or of Islamism….”
- PSA: Talk Like A Pirate Day
- The blood of San Gennaro liquefied!
- Irish bishop caves under pressure, won’t ordain only male deacons
- ¡Hagan lío! TLM now more than ever!
- Up and away! St. Joseph of Cupertino
- RECENT NOTES and THANKS TO READERS
- HAM RADIO stuff again: Echolink QSL request by RADIOGRAM.
- Card. Kasper accused other Cardinals of attacking the Pope
- Synods and Sausage: having a Church isn’t for the squeamish
- ASK FATHER: Is it wrong to use Holy Water to bless my unbaptized children?
- Where are the September Ember Days? (And some other fascinating stuff!)
- “There are not a series of rules made up by the Church; they constitute divine law, and the Church cannot change them.”
- Emergency Contact, Medical Information and YOU!
- St. Robert Bellarmine
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM! 20% off Book in defense of marriage, tradition – Essay Titles!
- The possible demotion of Card. Burke. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fishwrap: Approve of “gay” sex or risk a shrinking, irrelevant Church.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: Biased Media Coverage
You may be seeing in days ahead some reports that Pope Francis sneaks out of the Vatican to help the poor.
I saw this at AffariItaliani (my translation):
Papa Bergoglio? La notte esce di nascosto per aiutare i poveri
Pope Bergoglio? Goes out at … Continue reading
First, Fr. Z kudos to Bishop Thomas Paprocki of Springfield in Illinois.
Bishop Paprocki reacted to the evil decision in Illinois in the way that a Catholic bishop can and ought to react: he prayed. He fought back against the Enemy.
The … Continue reading
From not-so-Catholic-friendly AP via not-so-Catholic-friendly (unless liberal) HuffPo comes this bizarre train wreck:
Saint Pius X Catholic Group Protests Kristallnacht Interfaith Memorial In Argentina, Challenging Pope Francis
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) — Ultra-traditionalist Catholics [read: SSPX… but it is far more fun and damaging … Continue reading
Do you know about the group called Catholics in Alliance for the Common Good? Are alarm bells ringing? Read about them HERE. And HERE. Sharing staff with catholics United… HERE.
This is in from the Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter):
Group steps … Continue reading
Words I never thought I would write. I agree with Fr. James Martin, SJ, on this one.
"Mr. Ratzinger"? Apparently The New York Times Style Manual was written by someone who was high, unconscious or both. http://t.co/b5HbCb9XeU
— James Martin, SJ (@JamesMartinSJ) … Continue reading
Here is something curious.
The Holy Father meets with his new Gang of 8, the cardinalatial kitchen cabinet, for – what? – 3 days? Did I get that right?
Fr. Federico Lombardi, SJ, the papal spokesman said that during the meetings of … Continue reading
People are sending me a link which they found on Pewsitter.
The ultra-radical pro-big-business abortion group NARAL committed a massive blunder in posting to their Facebook page a “thank you” card to Pope Francis for his comments in TBI™ (aka The … Continue reading
I saw at the Omaha World Herald a funny analysis of the “Francis Effect”. It’s funny, but not because it is humorous. The piece combines information from those bastions of objective reporting on Church matters, AP and the … Continue reading
THURSDAY: MSM reports Francis said Church is obsessed about abortion! FRIDAY: Pope Francis talks about abortion!
You saw it all over the MSM yesterday, Thursday 19 September.
FRANCIS CRITICIZES CHURCH FOR ABORTION OBSESSION!
And endless variations on the theme.
The MSM’s message: Pope Francis is saying that abortion really isn’t all that bad.
Today, however, I read in the Bolletino … Continue reading
I have mentioned a couple times that liberals and (this is just a subgroup) feminists (meaning LCWR types) will eventually turn on Pope Francis. HERE and HERE
You may recall that on 3 April, last, I wrote:
“Feminists and proponents of women’s … Continue reading