- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Supertradmum said Excellent article, of course, from Dr. Peters. To...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said P.S. Oh! No! It occurred to me after I hit “...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said Pmullane, Hey-four-roger! Signed, Old Biddy who St...
- dholwell said I have found that where the Knights of Columbus Co...
- Ellen said I have been a reader and a communion helper in the...
- SpesUnica said A slightly different angle: What if you are having...
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father. I have felt guilty for refusing ou...
- FrDulli said I’ve got a cute story. When I was a seminar...
- David Rummelhoff said I’d rather make this comment anonymously, on...
- Joseph-Mary said Since daily Mass at my parish moved to 6:30 am, th...
- kevinm said Chimed in…thank you….
- liquidpaw said Another reason EF is superior…it avoids all...
- rroan said I used to be a lector at my Novus Ordo parish but...
- James C said When I get approached to be a “Eucharistic M...
- Siculum said Optime.
- euphemos said Father, Are there any media outlets you typically...
- Del said Wouldn’t we all love to see a summit meeting...
- pmullane said Marion Ancilla Mariae: Read in context – the...
- SKAY said Thank you, Father.
- Ben Yanke said In my situation, I end up “doing” a lo...
- AnimatedCatholic said I think Evovae is right. I don’t think this...
- suedusek said Dear Reader: How exciting to hear that you have r...
- Siculum said “[Yes, the writer is correct on this point....
- sw85 said There is a certain presumption to it all, isn̵...
- Elizium23 said Personally as a single man, I would be overjoyed t...
- Nan said I just tell people I don’t think women belon...
- L. said Fr. Z, regarding your comment, “When Pope Fr...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said Italics off
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said I won’t call you out – you know who yo...
- Dr. Eric said I think this article serves to remind us that Fox...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
- Gift ideas and a really swell way to get your caffeine fix!
- Wherein Fr. Z posts his annual rant on BLUE vestments and then sings to you. POLL!
- GUEST POST: NYC taxi driver thankful for Extraordinary Form, sad for dead baby.
- ADVENTCAzT 02: 1st Monday of Advent – “Heaven, when will we hear you sing?”
- Some 100 US dioceses have adopted Common Core
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Category Archives: Biased Media Coverage
The National Catholic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) conspired with others who are openly hostile to the Catholic Church to intimidate His Excellency Most Rev. Robert Finn into silence.
The fact is, the NCR is not a “Catholic” paper or news source. That … Continue reading
I have been saying for a while now that the liberal catholic left’s spittle-flecked interest in stricter control has little or nothing to do with a true pro-life agenda. Fishwrap (aka National catholic Reporter) and their ilk have hijacked the … Continue reading
As you know, the Archbishop of Westminster put an end to the infamous homosexual “Soho Masses”. There is little question that Rome was involved in the decision. But don’t be distracted by that and miss the more important point.
The Tablet … Continue reading
Who can fathom the graces God offers as death draws near to us?
Some people are given the great gift of courage not to wait too long to become a Catholic, sometimes after a long time thinking about it.
John Wayne… Oscar … Continue reading
There is a little bit of a controversy about a a couple points from the Holy Father’s new book which really isn’t much of a controversy at all.
If you don’t have the book please use one of my links to … Continue reading
This, from UCANEWS make me angry:
Pell does not speak for the whole Church says retired bishop
The retired bishop, Geoffrey Robinson, says he would be prepared to break the seal of confession in order to report sexual abuse. [?!?]
Bishop Robinson has … Continue reading
I see the other day, election day, that The National Catholic Reporter – aka Fishwrap – pandered for The First Gay President, effectively begging Catholics to endanger our nation and their souls by voting for him. They have an editorial … Continue reading
From Commonweal in their latest number, comes this editorial against Rep. Paul Ryan (Gov. Romney’s VP pick).
I can only assume that, given the timing of this, Commonweal is attacking Ryan because they want Obama to win. I am sure you … Continue reading
When the National catholic Fishwrap indulgences in its version of hagiography, the results aren’t pretty.
Their latest liberal panegyric is an attempt to transmogrify Sr. Simone Campbell, Democrat party activist, bus rider, into a progressivist’s alternative to Bl. Theresa of Calcutta.
Consider, … Continue reading
Phil Lawler at CWN picked this up:
On the web site of Catholics for Obama [Quislings for Obama] right above the story blasting critics of the Plan B contraceptive—you’ll find a photo of Cardinal Timothy Dolan, roaring with laughter, with a smiling President … Continue reading