Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- rosula: Kate-D: Great idea about me using exorcized water and salt on the Church! I’ll have to be stealth about it, as there are cameras. It’s just sad when laypersons have more faith than pries...
- excalibur: More on the present crisis. This at the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception . https://sp ectator.or g/monsigno r-rossi-wu erls-gay-m afioso-at- the-basili ca/
- KateD: Rosula- I don’ t know. In Fr. AmorthR 17;s book, that is indicated as being an uncommon condition. We had a situation where we had been using blessed salt and water for months to no...
- Herman Joseph: This is so true! I would add just Mary to that proper order: God, Our Lady, then spouse if married, parents if children, and so on. If one has those two loves in right order...
- KateD: Rosula- Perhaps there are intentiona lly malignant individual s slithering around the parish? Exorcized water is super effective. Would it be appropriat e to sprinkle a little salt and water...
- rosula: I have heard that the perfectly possessed will not shy away from blessed Sacramenta ls, even exorcized ones. Is this true?
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): I’m afraid a lot of priests view sacramenta ls as, at best, backward and childish, and, at worst, superstiti ous. If I want something blessed, I have to travel long distan...
- KateD: Holy water IS an important sacramenta l and I personally wouldnR 17;t fiddle with or dilute it. I suppose it depends on what you’ re dealing with. I keep it on hand to flummox and...
- quovadis74: Dear Fr. Thompson, Thanks a lot for the link, I am also interested in getting the Spanish translatio n. Do you know where to find it? Finally, what are the rules for usin these propers...
- Joy65: As Sacristans we KNOW to have Father bless more water when we are low on Holy Water. We NEVER just add some to the large Holy Water dispenser.
- MrsMacD: I want to stay in Holy Mother Church no matter what, until death. I must admit that the arguments in favour of Benedict still being Pope are not from the mind of people who have gone mad....
- richiedel: JabbaPapa, And, I would also note that it’s interestin g how deference to the laity is invoked by certain people when the laity̵ 7;s “liv ed experience ” can be...
- richiedel: JabbaPapa: Yes, I am starting to feel as if the “spi rit of the Council 221; has outlived its usefulness for many as an excuse to do whatever they feel like in AND outside the...
- chantgirl: Edward Pentin has updated the coverage with photocopie s and a translatio n of both letters from Benedict. We still don’ t have the letters from Brandmulle r. http://www .ncregi...
- rosula: We had our new pastor over for dinner the other night. He must have felt comfortabl e with us because he immediatel y cut loose, telling us about how hard the parishoner s are on him. He...
- JabbaPapa: richiedel : Aside from the biblical illiteracy I commented about prior, it should be noted how much Fr. Martin undermines Vatican II and its teachings on the common priesthood of the...
- JabbaPapa: I hope to do a 4000 km Pilgrimage from my Parish and back again, via Fatima, Compostela and Lourdes, as a Rosary of Reparation and Penance and as a Request for Forgivenes s and Mercy and...
- JabbaPapa: He told people that they shouldn’t pray or do penance. The underlying message is that their prayer and penance would not be effective, that their prayers and penances wouldn’t help or do...
- JustaSinner: Choke the money. Choke the Beast.
- JabbaPapa: I agree with Imrahil. Pope Benedict XVI Emeritus remains a successor of St Peter.
- OrdoMilitaris: Dear Cengine, Recourse to canon 144 does not however make an false claimant to the Papacy a true claimant. There can only be 1 pope, and as during the great schism, when such princ...
- cengime: I agree with Imrahil 217;s analysis, but he did not address the creation of cardinals (as well as the legality of Francis 217; appointmen t of bishops to particular dioceses, disso...
- Suburbanbanshee: Of course, since the German article shows the phrases in isolation, with no letter, no date, and no signature, the whole paragraph could have just been photocopie d out of letters...
- Imrahil: Dear Elly, 1. Francis is the Pope. 2. The validity (or if you will, the “rea lity” ;) of episcopal consecrati ons celebrated by Pope Francis (in person) does not have to do with...
- Suburbanbanshee: Somebody in the office found a stack of old form letters and is determined to use them up; or they pulled up the wrong boilerplat e on the computer. I have been a secretary, and...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- WDTPRS – 25th Ordinary Sunday: Each love fuels the other, when love of God is first.
- VIDEO: Fr. Murray on aspects of The Present Crisis
- ASK FATHER: Adding water to Holy Water
- ASK FATHER: If in letters Benedict XVI imparts still the Apostolic Blessing…
- A story of spectacular complexity, involving shady people, huge money, interlocking directorates, vast loans, and the Papal Foundation.
- One Mad Mom spanks James Martin, LGBTSJ – UPDATED
- Bishop R. Walker Nickless of Sioux City on #ViganoTestimony
- Archd. Chicago parish burns a “rainbow flag”
- And now a word from our sponsor…
- BOOKS RECEIVED: Vatican I: The Council and the Making of the Ultramontane Church
- The upcoming Synod’s “working document”
- ASK FATHER: Should we pray for or against the success of the Synod?
- What passes for important today.
- YOU are other people. It’s always someone else… until it’s YOU.
- ASK FATHER: Are we are in the End Times?
- Fr. Murray’s Open Letter to ex-Card. McCarrick. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Cri de Coeur about lost innocence and The Present Crisis
- Card. Müller: “the real danger to today’s humanity is the greenhouse gases of sin and the global warming of unbelief”
- Thoughts on fatherhood and how priestly identity is undercut by short terms as pastors
- More Jesuit idiocy – BUT WAIT! There’s more!
- Henry Sire: “Archbishop Viganò is now living in fear of his life, quite literally.”
- ASK FATHER: Can a Dominican Tertiary priest use the Dominican Rite?
- Lay Rage in Chicago, Mary Eberstadt takes names, and Fr. Z rants
- There are more than one “lavender mafia”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS – 17th Sunday after Pentecost: diabolical contagion
- We are all, I think, striving to understand how we got to the point where we are.
- ASK FATHER: What should we do for Ember Days?
- UPDATED – ACTION ITEM! 10 year old’s fundraiser for a Pregnancy Care Center
- At end of youth meeting, no Apostolic Benediction from Francis.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Category Archives: Clerical Sexual Abuse
I find myself once again in The City of Big Shoulders, Chicago. The last couple of days have been fascinating, as I have met an interesting priest with an interesting story and had the chance to hear about what some … Continue reading
Sunlight and fire are both effective in purifying.
In the wake of The Viganò Testimony and in accord with what Francis said on the airplane, we need to get to the bottom of things, investigate, open the dark places up for exposure … Continue reading
Some (enlightened) bishops have asked the faithful in their dioceses to observe the traditional Ember Days as times of penance in reparation for sins.
From a reader…
Dear Fr Z, I wish you would do a “how to” post on fasting for … Continue reading
Bp. Morlino, in his 27 August Statement, asked the faithful of the Diocese of Madison to observe the Ember Days as times of reparation for the sins that brought on The Present Crisis. HERE
I read at LifeSite that Bp. Zubik of … Continue reading
The Morning After Pill of the liberal catholic media in the UK, The Tablet (aka The Bitter Pill, aka RU-486) published a piece about states in these USA which opened investigations into clerical sexual abuse.
In that piece the writer makes a … Continue reading
Well-organized and highly motivated Team Francis has rallied the MSM and circled their obfuscating wagons around their base camp position: It’s not about homosexuality, it’s clericalism. THAT’s the problem! Clericalism… clericalism… clericalism.
Their other tactic is to distract with the good, but … Continue reading
Church Militant has a fascinating story, the stuff of novels.
THE HUNT FOR VIGANÒ: VATICAN SPIES TRACKING WHISTLEBLOWER
By Rev. Michael X., JCL
Vatican officials are on the hunt for Abp. Carlo Maria Viganò.
According to sources within the Vatican, the Secretariat of State … Continue reading
My friend Fr. Raymond de Souza wrote at National Catholic Register “It’s time to turn down the temperature”. His basic idea is that Archbp. Viganò was wrong to call for Francis to resign and Team Francis were wrong to engage … Continue reading
UPDATE 11 Sept:
The Archdiocese of Los Angeles released a statement. HERE.
The statement, in brief, says that Fr. G was removed NOT because of a sermon, but because of “issues with his interpersonal relationships with parish staff and parishioners”. … Continue reading
Some quick views of bits and pieces.
First, Michael Cook is editor of MercatorNet. He offers is a piece that we should all just “chill out” over The Present Crisis. He manages to make a few decent points, but the overall … Continue reading
US Bishop after US Bishop have made statements about The Present Crisis in the wake of The Viganò Testimony. Some are timid. Some are in line with what a bishop ought to be.
The Bishop of Charleston, SC, Most Rev. Robert … Continue reading
Scandalous Jesuit and homosexualist activist James Martin has a 1700 word deceptive whine at Jesuit produced Amerika Magazine.
Let’s have a look.
First, a few comment to hold in mind as you sort through Martin’s claims, bad premises, and distortions.
Above all, Martin thinks … Continue reading
Ubi loqui et debet et potuit, qui tacet consentire videtur.
Pope Francis normally won’t stop talking. He’s picked a funny time to go silent
by Becket Adams
| August 30, 2018 01:08 PM
For a guy who loves to talk, Pope Francis sure … Continue reading
Pope dismissed Cdl Müller for following Church rules on abuse cases
August 29, 2018 (LifeSiteNews) – A highly placed Vatican source told LifeSiteNews that Cardinal Gerhard Müller, together with his much-experienced three CDF priests, was dismissed by Pope Francis because … Continue reading