You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Kathleen10 said Wow, Vexilla, that was painful! It must have bee...
- phlogiston said Sadly, I believe there is room for a third poll qu...
- Kathleen10 said One doesn’t need to be a vocations expert, a...
- FrDulli said This poll also seems to show that male readers out...
- Robbie said Dave N I tend to agree with you. I don’t ca...
- Trinitarian Dad said Our medium sized parish has all male altar servers...
- Mr. P. said I just saw your permanent deacon tag above and wil...
- Mr. P. said Father, are there specialized training programs fo...
- MaximusXVI said just use common sense and history. Pre-Vatican II,...
- Jim R said “A deacon is a deacon is a deacon.” Oh...
- JacobWall said @APX, I can’t speak for maryh, but what she...
- David Zampino said Praying, Father!
- Dave N. said Since the crisis in vocations substantially preced...
- BridgetTheresa said Here is a true modern-day cassock story, as relate...
- MBeauregard said I am a former Catholic elementary school principal...
- lucaslaroche said I forgot where I read it… It could have very well...
- eiggam said While we were going over arrangements for my dad...
- momoften said Congratulations Mamajen, but God continue to bless...
- momoften said Also, if you ask any of my 11 sons (all of them a...
- momoften said We have red for Easter, and for Christmas-and spec...
- a catechist said My seven yr. old daughter was Confirmed and receiv...
- Jeannie_C said Mamajen – Praise God and congratulations! I...
- Supertradmum said Mamajen, congratulations and God bless your all.
- yatzer said At one point I was all for female servers as a mat...
- Scott W. said I’d be interested in a study comparing paris...
- APX said maryh says, Bring the feminine back into the Chu...
- quid quaeritis said If you can spare a prayer, for me, that I may find...
- disco said In any case, don’t let Obama find out where...
- JacobWall said @OrthodoxChick, If you revert to your 2000 desktop...
- Jim R said Does an all-male sanctuary foster vocations to the...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Category Archives: Conclave
Sometimes shops or businesses or other places have to close up at times outside their usual schedule.
Yesterday, after my hit with EWTN, I stopped in at the library of my school, the Augustinianum, to do some work in the wonderful … Continue reading
At the end of Pope Benedict’s pontificate Rome was blessed with unseasonably beautiful weather for his last appearances.
Right now the weather is Rome is horrid and forecasts are grim. I was out the other evening and actually saw Noah and … Continue reading
And so the rites as found in the Ordo Rituum Conclavis… the Order of Rites for the Conclave begin. The first thing the Cardinals do today is celebrate Mass in St. Peter’s saying special prayers for help in their task. … Continue reading
This afternoon I did a short segment with EWTN about Benedict XVI and liturgy. These segments are really too short. You don’t have time to get into any details. But it was good.
The location for EWTN is on the roof … Continue reading
If the Roman Pontiff can have a Twitter account, so can the Sistine Chapel CHIMNEY that signals the election of the Roman Pontiff! Yes, @ConclaveChimney
Why didn’t I think of that?
Technorati Tags: @ConclaveChimney, Pontifex
Fr. Lombardi, who attends the General Congregations of the Cardinals:
PRESS COMMUNIQUÉ FROM THE HOLY SEE PRESS OFFICE
The eighth General Congregation of the College of Cardinals has decided that the Conclave will begin on Tuesday, 12 March 2013. A … Continue reading
Fr. Lombardi indicated during the press briefing today (going on as I write), that the date of the beginning of the Conclave may be announced this evening, at 7 p.m. Rome time.
It would probably - not for sure – be early … Continue reading
I hear there is a bit of … contrast.. among the holy Cardinal Electors. There is wrangling. Some want the conclave to be delayed. Some want it move along quickly. Some say that a conclave soon would favor a curial … Continue reading
Some shots from the live stream.
The Cardinals and others are at the Altar of the Chair in San Pietro, praying.
Msgr. Marini leading the Rosary.
Getting ready for Exposition and Vespers.
Their collectives Eminences are singing Vespers in Latin.
The choir has improved over … Continue reading