Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- incredulous said No, the Right to Keep and Bear Arms has no limits...
- incredulous said muerknz, hopefully you refer to the Queen of Heave...
- Joe of St Thérèse said At the Syro Malabar Catholic church, the sermon fo...
- pelerin said I am sure this is not the first time this has been...
- Dundonianski said Truly an inspirational homily from the good Archbi...
- amsjj1002 said There’s almost 3,600 views as of this postin...
- muerknz said Incredulous – So the right to bear arms is s...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Scott W. says: What say you? I say this is about w...
- incredulous said Father Z, I just learned from your combox that Ol...
- muerknz said This New Zealander is with the Australian and the...
- incredulous said Sorry, the 223 travels at about 2000 mph, not 6200...
- incredulous said The gun control debate again… yawn. Actual...
- Elizium23 said I think I can accurately describe the split betwee...
- Michael said Incredible video. Purely incredible.
- Scott W. said Tangentially related if you don’t mind: ever...
- incredulous said You’re making fun of your Everglades constit...
- Gregorius said Gratias ago tibi pater. Litturae sententiaeque dif...
- defreitas said This is an interesting occurrence non the less. I...
- Michael said Not only did the priest actually preach about sin...
- mburn16 said Our reading and sermon today were delivered by a l...
- Brooklyn said I’m sorry, Father, but I didn’t see yo...
- Brooklyn said One last post, Father, and I promise not to clog u...
- mamajen said hmm…reading through what I just wrote, I mad...
- mamajen said We were at a different parish this week as we were...
- jhayes said Jflare, please see my comment of. 8 March at 12:27...
- Tom in NY said Ad iucundum: nil nisi bonum de mortuis. Salutation...
- rbbadger said I was raised in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latt...
- Priam1184 said Good move Father. If one is going to depend on an...
- Priam1184 said So wait Father does this mean that I can go to Fra...
- Chon said Arele: Here’s a sign of hope for you, in cas...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Lent, Alligators and You – Revisited
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FRANCE: Dead and Not-Yet-Dead Unions!
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Category Archives: Cri de Coeur
You have got to be kidding me.
Read and weep.
This speaks of the degradation of our time.
From the Beeb:
The Vatican has withdrawn from sale 6,000 copies of a new papal medal on which the name of Jesus was misspelt.
In an inscription … Continue reading
More than one of you have sent links to an article in The New Republic wherein an interesting comparison is made in a discussion of the decline of American orchestras.
Here is a taste:
Dare’s comments were another contribution to a long argument … Continue reading
At The Blaze I saw a list of churches burned by the practitioners of the Religion of Peace.
Sts. Nunilo and Alodia, pray for us.
Father Maximus Church
St George Church | Burned | Source
Good Shepherds Monastery | Nuns attacked
Angel Michael Church | Surrounded
St George Coptic Orthodox Church | Photo, Photo, Photo, YouTube
Al-Eslah … Continue reading
I saw this juxtaposition of quotes about the Supreme Court’s DOMA decision at Pundit and Pundette:
Pres. Barack Obama:
On an issue as sensitive as this, knowing that Americans hold a wide range of views based on deeply held beliefs, maintaining … Continue reading
There is an especially awful story about clergy in Rome circulating right now.
Once upon a time, I was walking under the colonnade of St. Peter’s Square with an especially well-placed curial official, nay rather, institution.
I asked him if it were … Continue reading
Catholic Archbishop: Wake Up! Religious Liberty at Risk in USA
(CNSNews.com) – Roman Catholic Archbishop Charles J. Chaput is calling on Americans to wake up [Is it too late? We must keep working.] and recognize that the Founding Fathers’ vision … Continue reading
At Rorate I saw something (translated there from Italian) from the blog Radicati nella fede, for the Catholic community of Domodossola and Vocogno in the Diocese of Novara.
This is a cri de coeur, if there ever was one.
My emphases … Continue reading
Over at the National Catholic Register, Matthew Archbold has this sobering observation:
Preparing my Children for Martyrdom
I was looking at my children in Mass yesterday and a horrifying thought occurred to me. If I do my job well as a parent, … Continue reading
Here is a point that is so obvious that I am surprised no one has made it yet.
Some people are talking – as they did in 2005 – about the election of a cardinal from the “emerging” Church. Several names … Continue reading
When I got interested in Ham Radio, I discovered on YouTube some video offerings from “USNERDOC“, a fellow in Oregon who was in the Navy and is an emergency medicine doctor. He has gotten into Ham Radio, in part, to … Continue reading