- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Supertradmum said Maybe we orthodox Catholics should start using the...
- Supertradmum said Sadly, I know of two priests who yearly went out f...
- Panterina said And yet, although not practicing, the parents care...
- RichR said Thank you for these reflections, Father. They must...
- mburn16 said sigh. I have the misfortune at the moment of belon...
- Suburbanbanshee said mzanghetti – Anything published in the US be...
- Grumpy Beggar said It might help perspective at some point to recall...
- New Amsterdam said We can point to all sorts of examples where the ba...
- OrthodoxChick said Keeping you in prayer today, Chicken. May Our Lor...
- Urs said @Chicken! OMG! 2500 miles by bus?!!!!!! You might...
- Massachusetts Catholic said JabbaPapa, I am thinking of a case where a Catholi...
- benedetta said The NSA Father? Do we actually believe that our o...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Thank you for this in all its detail! Does the mat...
- frjim4321 said It could be argued that if two baptized parties ex...
- Phil_NL said Correct me if I’m wrong, but wouldn’t...
- Father Zuhlsdorf said NSA, indeed. And I would like to welcome once ag...
- MWindsor said “…preppers can listen to FEMA discussi...
- StWinefride said Dear Chicken – praying for you and wishing y...
- mzanghetti said Thank You for posting this and is it copyrighted o...
- Father P said As far as Catholics supporting the SCOTUS decision...
- Knittingfoole said Quite right Fr. Z. He enjoys getting in touch with...
- Joseph-Mary said Here is a story for you. Last fall in Missouri at...
- Gerard Plourde said It seems that the question actually describes thre...
- mikeinmo said It is amazing to me that those of a liberal bent s...
- trespinos said Have you in prayer today, Chicken. Twenty five hun...
- mlmc said emanations from penumbras are figments of liberal...
- bookworm said I have a similar though perhaps not as serious que...
- anilwang said Just a point of reference. Baptists have a false u...
- excalibur said And what will ‘Catholic’ Fordham U. do...
- dahveed said Hi Father, I’m a fairly newly minted ham, us...
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- WDTPRS 6th Sunday after Pentecost – zeal and mercy
- ASK FATHER: Priest who baptizes any baby brought to him
- ASK FATHER: Same-sex confusion, false understanding of marriage, and nullity
- Archbp. Carroll’s “Prayer for Government”
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio Saturday
- WDTPRS 14th Ordinary Sunday – from dust to freedom
- Excommunication of same-sex ‘marriage’ Catholic SCOTUS Justices for Heresy
- ASK FATHER: Sunday obligation and career conflicts
- UPDATE REVIEW: The ULTIMATE Priest’s Gift – Super Cool Portable Altar
- Minnesota: Extraordinary Form with preaching in Spanish
- Something to amuse
- Brick by Brick in Knoxville: 1st TLM of new priest!
- New Commissar appointed over the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate
- SSPX Bp. Fellay: “we are on the eve of important events that we cannot yet define”
- Catholic public figures and officials must RESIST! Some are resisting already.
- Most Precious Blood of Our Lord
- 1 July: St. Aaron, brother of Moses
- Chapel by chapel: Corpus Christi, London – Lady Chapel Restored
- Compare and Contrast: An Archbishop’s statement about Obergefell v. Hodges
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- Congratulations Card. Burke: Happy Birthday and 40 years of priesthood!
- A Blog Bug squashed: SITEMETER compromised, malware
- ACTION ITEM! Milwaukee Art Museum – Anti-Catholic offense! @MilwaukeeArt
- @MadisonDiocese: 1st Masses in the Extraordinary Form
- Jupiter and Venus are having a … conjunction! In plain sight!
- “We have two tools at hand that the other side does not: truth and grace.”
- Notes concerning SCOTUS same-sex decision Obergefell v. Hodges
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- Observations about important CDF document on “Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons”
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Category Archives: Cri de Coeur
I haven’t been following the news lately, because I am a) attending a conference and b) out of my usual time zones. However, this morning I checked on Pewsitter, because it can give a good overview of most of … Continue reading
Over at the Fishwrap, good ol’ Sr. Joan Chittister, who hasn’t been seen anywhere near the ISIS conflict in Iraq (remember her triumph in Tahir), as posted about the dynamic movement sparked by the meeting of the Ass. of Catholic Priests!
Apparently … Continue reading
From a reader…
Dear Fr. Z,
I came upon your blog after a very disappointing encounter at church today and in a way, I was looking for some kind of comfort. Please bear with me as I attempt to express both thoughts … Continue reading
I have been exchanging email with a friend about the horrific circus-like spectacle of the baptism of a baby in the custody of two lesbians in Argentina.
After some digressions, which happen, I received this (edited):
But Fr. Manelli and his Franciscans … Continue reading
From LifeSite we find little coverage of the Legatus Summit I just attended:
Deny communion to pro-abort politicians: Legatus pro-life award winner to world’s bishops
ORLANDO, FL, February 10, 2014 (LifeSiteNews.com) – The annual Legatus Summit, held this year at the Ritz-Carleton … Continue reading
At least someone is saying it.
Patriarch Kirill: Violation of God’s Laws is Destroying Human Civilization
Head of Russian Orthodox Church Warns Against Legislating in Favor of Same-Sex ‘Marriage’
Violating God’s laws by legislating in favor of same-sex ‘marriage’ is a threat … Continue reading
When will Canon 915 be applied in the case of pro-abortion Democrat Rep. Nancy Pelosi?
It is not enough that she may, perhaps, from time to time, choose on her own not to go forward for Communion.
It must be made clear … Continue reading
Liberal catholics want us all to weenie out and avoid engaging in “culture wars”.
Meanwhile, I saw this commentary piece at CNSNews:
Free Exercise of Virtue Prohibited as of Today in USA
As of today–Jan. 1, 2014–a Democratic administration led by President Barack … Continue reading
Sacramental marriage is either indissoluble or it not.
Over at his fine canon law blog, canonist Ed Peters has something to say about an upcoming, building controversy.
Let’s understand what’s at stake
by Dr. Edward Peters
I suspect we’ll see more of this in … Continue reading