Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- TWF said Like my Australian brother above, as a Canadian I...
- Chon said Isclerkin: Yes, true. I think there are a lot of...
- Chon said It seems to me that the schismatic groups didnR...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said ALL: I removed the shoe-talk rabbit hole as being...
- Elizabeth M said Liz: Here, here! A little trick we use for the kid...
- momoften said Thank you for posting this Father, I enjoyed it im...
- ray from mn said For the record, it should be acknowledged that Abp...
- Moro said I am an NRA member, but I think this was a bad cal...
- lsclerkin said I will say this in defense of “angry”...
- Ed the Roman said Raffle off Mosin-Nagants in the spirit of reducing...
- jameeka said In your kindness, please pray for my 79 year old m...
- Makemeaspark said Thank you Father. Still praying for your good heal...
- Priam1184 said I confess that I think that an AR-15 is almost use...
- SophiaGrace said Listening every day via the plug in. Thank you, Fa...
- Brooklyn said Father Z, you say you don’t understand the c...
- akp1 said Perhaps if we reacted in this way for all who do t...
- Suburbanbanshee said We start kids in other sports at a young age. Why...
- Suburbanbanshee said I’m glad that our Australian correspondent h...
- Mike said Thank you so much for this link, Father. May Our...
- Fool_for_Christ said Kudos Archbishop Sample! RANCHER: There is an EF M...
- jameeka said Very good point, Henry Edwards
- Henry Edwards said “And I encourage my priests and my seminaria...
- Robbie said I enjoyed his sermon. He’s a wonderful spea...
- oldCatholigirl said I know, it’s sort of “tongue in cheek&...
- Arele said wmeyer, I agree! Where might the need be greater?...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Everyone: Does it matter if you like Daylight Savi...
- semperficatholic said Guess I am the odd woman out here. I love the fact...
- Simon_GNR said [Instead they could be raffling off a car. Church...
- wmeyer said Bishops and priests inside …er…unfriendly territor...
- Arele said Sooo grateful to have Archbishop Sample here in Or...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- FRANCE: Dead and Not-Yet-Dead Unions!
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Category Archives: De Novissimis: Four Last Things
People sometimes think, “Oh, those poor people. That could never happen here.”
And then it does.
The people in Russia who had the encounter with the bus-size exploding meteor, got up that day just like you did. Remember that video of … Continue reading
I learned just now that Stan “the Man” Musial died, at the age of 92.
Today it seems no one stays in one place anymore, as Joni might put it. That holds true for baseball players and pastors of parishes. But … Continue reading
From a reader:
Are we now in the end times?
Yes, we are.
We have been in the end times ever since Our Lord ascended to the right hand of the Father.
Because of Our Lord’s promises to return even before the generation had … Continue reading
The Lord’s Coming is a fearful thing to ponder. The First Coming of the Lord, prophesied by Jeremiah in Sunday’s 1st Reading, and His Sacrifice renewed daily on our altars, mean that His Second Coming, described by the Lord in … Continue reading
QUAERITUR: Is it okay for people to listen to music rather than always to sing everything during Mass?
From a priest:
Is it against the mind of the Church when a choir alone sings a hymn at the offertory and preparation of the gifts or are the people supposed to sing along as well?
No, it is not against the … Continue reading
I read a story about some dopey “comedian” who called Pres. Obama our “lord and savior”. He said exactly, …
First of all, give an honor to our God and our lord and savior, Barack Obama. Barack Obama.
This was not in … Continue reading
“Tell me now if it is possible for you to have faith in your heart and not tremble.” – St. Leonard of Port Maurice
Today in the Novus Ordo calendar is the feast of St. Leonard of Port Maurice (+1751).
In one place, St. Leonard expounds on the number of those who make it to heaven. He is not optimistic. And he gives reasons.
Christ died … Continue reading
Here is a little offering about the Collect for the Solemnity of Christ the King, as it is today in the post-Conciliar, Ordinary Form, calendar. I use some material I wrote for the best Catholic weekly in the UK, The … Continue reading
Once again the Te Deum Institute of Sacred Liturgy, in Tulsa, OK, is sponsoring a workshop for priests on Exorcism, Angelology, Demonology.
I will remind you that Tulsa is where the outstanding Bp. Edward Slattery reigns felicitously. He has done a great … Continue reading
Hell and the Enemy exist. Priests and bishops who don’t teach about them will probably wind up there.
Before anything else, let it be said that, “God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your strength, but with the temptation will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure … Continue reading