- Fr. Z - KC9ZJN - OFF
QRV on 00m 0.000
- "If I ought to write the truth, I am of the mind that I ought to flee all meetings of bishops, because I have never seen any happy or satisfactory outcome to any council, nor one that has deterred evils more than it has occasioned their acceptance and growth."
St. Gregory Nazianzus
ep. 131 - AD 382
When you shop online…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- pseudomodo said The Church has not only survived but flourished an...
- Nan said @jfk03, I had lunch today with my Orthodox priest...
- andia said eyeclinic — would you mind posting your prie...
- TNCath said “Asked if the reception of the Eucharist by...
- jfk03 said There is no hope of union with Orthodoxy so long a...
- excalibur said Gracie, you are most welcome.
- MouseTemplar said In Latin or in English, Chapter 5, paragraph 175...
- MikeM said We heard a lot more from the liberals today, but I...
- Lin said “The smoke of satan has entered the temple o...
- Fr. Timothy Ferguson said http://makeameme.org/meme/every-time-you-zx3xfj
- Auggie said I think it’s time to redouble our efforts...
- Benedict Joseph said This afternoon, regarding the synod, Father Rosica...
- jhayes said If the Host disappeared after the Most Precious Bl...
- papaefidelis said So, in celebrating the Ordinary Form, should such...
- jhayes said Robert Royal had some useful advice in his column,...
- Robbie said Why do I get the sense the Synod is being conducte...
- Elizabeth D said Not only that, Abp Durocher has used the occasion...
- Royse87 said Certainly it’s a sad day when the anxiety of...
- oldcanon2257 said At the end of this synod, the well-respected journ...
- Mitchell G said Archbishop Durocher, accroding to CNS, also talked...
- gracie said excaliber, Thanks! I need all the help I can get...
- RichR said They really should just ban all media from the dis...
- iamlucky13 said “a reporter from The Tablet asked if divorce...
- juergensen said So Pope Francis did not like Cardinal Erdo’s...
- Suburbanbanshee said Re: the Church as bridge, St. Catherine of Siena...
- Peter Stuart said And now English-language press spokesman Fr. Thoma...
- plaf26 said Reminds me of a story about a foreign priest sayin...
- benedictgal said The words of the former Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger...
- Raymond said RE: parish closures I don’t remember if it w...
- Christ_opher said The church does not belong to anyone other than Je...
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- Pope Francis meets with Kim Davis. The Left melts down. (94)
- CDF priest comes out of the closet and makes demands. He’s fired. (88)
- Pope Francis, Kim Davis meeting: development (51)
- The Synod begins – a few notes (45)
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes (38)
- Nancy “The Theologian” Pelosi tears the throat out of a reporter asking about big-business abortion (29)
- ZUHLIO RETURNS! “Fifty Ways To Rig A Synod” (26)
- NYC Day 2: Seminaries and Spaghetti (22)
- Bp. Olmsted (D. Phoenix) issues to men a tremendous call to battle! (21)
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio Saturday – CARDS! (18)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
"We as Catholics have not properly combated (the culture) because we have not been taught our Catholic Faith, especially in the depth needed to address these grave evils of our time. This is a failure of catechesis both of children and young people that has been going on for fifty years. It is being addressed, but it needs much more radical attention... What has also contributed greatly to the situation is an exaltation of the virtue of tolerance which is falsely seen as the virtue which governs all other virtues. In other words, we should tolerate other people in their immoral actions to the extent that we seem also to accept the moral wrong. Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not the principal virtue; the principal virtue is charity... Charity means speaking the truth. I have encountered it (not speaking the truth) many times myself as a priest and bishop. It is something we simply need to address. There is far too much silence — people do not want to talk about it because the topic is not 'politically correct.' But we cannot be silent any longer."
Raymond Card. Burke
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- 6 Oct – Synod notes
- What to do if the Host disappears?
- Welcome Aboard New Registrants!
- NYC Day 2: Seminaries and Spaghetti
- ALERT! ‘Laudato si” now available in the Church’s official language
- The Synod begins – a few notes
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- NYC Day 1: Pastrami
- WDTPRS – 19th Sunday after Pentecost: “Why did God make you?”
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio Saturday – CARDS!
- CDF priest comes out of the closet and makes demands. He’s fired.
- ZUHLIO RETURNS! “Fifty Ways To Rig A Synod”
- Horror in Oregon … and Glory? A reminder about your own soul and death.
- My View For Awhile: Hurricane Dodging Edition
- Pope Francis, Kim Davis meeting: development
- ACTION ITEM! Birettas for Seminarians Project: UPDATED
- Nancy “The Theologian” Pelosi tears the throat out of a reporter asking about big-business abortion
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- It’s as if Francis had met with the homophobic dictator Kim DaeVis
- FR. Z BLOG EXCLUSIVE! The return of…
- Bp. Olmsted (D. Phoenix) issues to men a tremendous call to battle!
- Pope Francis meets with Kim Davis. The Left melts down.
- ASK FATHER: If 50% of marriages are invalid, how do I know if my marriage is valid?
- A Roman Mystery: The Lost Tomb of St. Jerome
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio Open Band Alert
- New sacred music disc recorded in the Sistine Chapel
- A Feast of Angels
- Off the cuff Francis on the family
- Your Good News
- Synod rule changes to be announced on Friday. Hold on to your socks.
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Category Archives: Four Last Things
From the Daily Mail: Pope Francis says he accepts he may be assassinated – but asks God to make sure it doesn’t hurt because he is ‘a real wimp’ Pope Francis has said he has accepted that he may be … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: When I converted at Easter 2001 from an Baptist background it seemed that the Catechism of the Catholic Church implied that there was hope for Protestant salvation. Now that I have been drawn to the Traditional Latin … Continue reading
Just a reminder to GO TO CONFESSION! Why? You are all going to die one day. I direct this especially at you who dissent from some teaching of the Church: Don’t be on the wrong side of the Church when … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: My grandfather just passed away after a long and painful sickness. He received last rites and Viaticum last Monday. How can I gain a plenary indulgence for him as fast as I can? First, my condolences, … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: To begin, I want to let you know how much I enjoy reading your blog – Thank you. I have always struggled with the teaching of “Extra ecclesiam nulla salus”. Is this doctrinal? My thoughts always … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I have been unsettled by remarks of a Dr Martin Scurr (Daily Mail 27 Jan 2015) who some years ago served the Jesuits at their HQ in Mayfair and religious attached to Westminster Cathedral. “I always … Continue reading
From American Thinker: Dogs and gays: Pope Francis and Catholic Democrats By Robert Klein Engler Has anyone besides a few pundits found it odd that many Catholic Democrats have spent more time worrying about dogs going to heaven than they … Continue reading
UPDATED Here is a 5-minute, daily podcast – today for Saturday of the 3rd Week of Advent – to help you prepare for the upcoming feast as well as for your personal meeting with the Lord. We are in that final stretch of Advent … Continue reading
QUAERITUR: People have been asking me: Are there animal in heaven? Will I have my pets in heaven? This has probably been stirred up by something Pope Francis reputedly said recently in the press (as it turns out, it was false … Continue reading
It is All Souls and we are getting ready for a Pontifical Requiem at the Throne, tonight at 7 pm at the Bishop O’Connor Center in Madison, WI. His Excellency Most Rev. Robert C. Morlino will be the celebrant. The … Continue reading