- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Priam1184 said Division in the ranks of the Church, whether it co...
- Phil_NL said It would be good to check if Mr Shaw’s more...
- anna 6 said This is a harsh, and at times probably an unfair a...
- Scott Alt said Fr., I suspect this kind of nonsense about Franci...
- AnimatedCatholic said now I’m really concerned that the pope is a favori...
- Ex-Anglicans Break Out of the Ghetto - BigPulpit.com said [...] Crisis Magazine A Counterblast to Rush Limba...
- Ex-Anglicans Break Out of the Ghetto - BigPulpit.com said [...] – Stacy Trasancos PhD Down Argentine W...
- Geoffrey said “Pope Francis likes to apologize for the Cat...
- Uxixu said Wow, these abuses are abominable. I don’t g...
- dominicop said I certainly get the frustration which comes with s...
- JacobWall said Tonight I went to our evening Mass. It is our onl...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Starting to read the comments, I paused to check I...
- Elizium23 said Perhaps this is slightly off-topic, but I’d...
- prayerisouronlyhope said On the other hand, these men may not go to Mass (w...
- TXKathi said Our priests don’t normally give a sermon at...
- prayerisouronlyhope said Please pray for my son who is incarcerated and has...
- Menagerie said Prayers for all intentions and Father Z. Please p...
- Stephen Matthew said Ben, If you feel I was attacking Millenials, and f...
- prayerisouronlyhope said Mojoron If you can make yourself go to the SPPX Ma...
- Lin said We go to Mass for the Eucharist and because we wan...
- lsclerkin said My arms. Not stems.
- lsclerkin said Sigh. Is it over yet? I’m 49. Sigh. Please t...
- lucindatcm said Please pray for me. It isn’t easy to be a Ca...
- lucindatcm said Thank you for the podcast, Father!
- Lex Orandi said A family member recently revealed that he is gay a...
- lmo1968 said Please pray for me that I get a job soon, and that...
- Mojoron said One of those images looks familiar from a video cl...
- mburduck said Most of the kids in that one picture need a good w...
- Tamquam said Their five-yearly report blamed a “drastic secular...
- mburduck said LOL! You must be a Groucho Marx fan, Father!
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
- Gift ideas and a really swell way to get your caffeine fix!
- Wherein Fr. Z posts his annual rant on BLUE vestments and then sings to you. POLL!
- GUEST POST: NYC taxi driver thankful for Extraordinary Form, sad for dead baby.
- ADVENTCAzT 02: 1st Monday of Advent – “Heaven, when will we hear you sing?”
- Some 100 US dioceses have adopted Common Core
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 1 Dec: St. Nahum, Prophet of the Old Testment
- ADVENTCAzT 01: 1st Sunday of Advent – WAKE UP!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Category Archives: De Novissimis: Four Last Things
I heard a song today by one Matthew West that got me thinking about the need to revive the practice of regular sacramental confession.
Breathe in deep
Feel your heart still breathing
Let’s go see the reason you’re alive
Oh, you are … Continue reading
When did you last see this?
Technorati Tags: Extraordinary Form, requiem, SUMMORUM PONTIFICUM
Over at the amusing and often useful blog Art of Manliness there is a post about Memento Mori art.
“Memento mori!” means, “Be mindful of death!” or “Don’t forget that you are going to die so repent, confess your sins, and live a … Continue reading
Let’s look at the Collect for the 30th Ordinary Sunday, a prayer also in the 1962 Missale Romanum for the 13th Sunday after Pentecost. It was in the ancient Veronese and the Gelasian Sacramentary.
Omnipotens sempiterne Deus, da nobis fidei spei … Continue reading
“And he shall make all, both little and great, rich and poor, freemen and bondmen, to have a character in their right hand, or on their foreheads.”
Under the entry about our obligation to attend Holy Mass, someone posted this comment (I removed it to here):
I’ve always had a fantasy where I make wallet sized Catholic obligation cards. These would have check boxes or punch boxes for … Continue reading
Our Lord promised us that Hell would not prevail against the Church.
He did not promise that Hell would not prevail in the USA, or in your town or parish.
Today we are seeing a shrinking of Holy Church in many places. The … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
If we don’t know who we are as Catholics, and if we don’t keep firmly in mind our common Christian vocation to holiness, we will not be able to fulfill our particular vocations and we … Continue reading
Each day I like to read the entry in the Martyrologium Romanum. Today there are several entries which could be the staring points for discussions of holiness and salvation.
Let us consider this one:
3. Augustae Vindelicorum in Raetia, sanctae Afrae, martyris, … Continue reading
During the annual meeting of our “gang of priests” we have heard informative talks about Islam. A propos the topic, this was forwarded by a priest friend and participant in our meeting. From God Reports with my emphases and comments:
Islam … Continue reading
Do the SSPXers think that Pope Benedict is so patient and kindly that he would never withdraw his outstretched hand?
Perhaps that is it. Maybe that is why they dawdle and find excuses not to accept what the Holy See has … Continue reading