Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Click the image below (they took away our search box!). Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's Fr. Z's
"catholic" search for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Ave Maria: To promote homosexual ity and “tra nsgenderis m” is damnable and even more so when it is done under the gaze of the Catholic Church.
- YoungLatinMassGuy: Here are four letters that’ ;ll “tri gger” ; every SJW: XY. XX.
- maternalView: Sick. This is offensive. And so very hurtful to faithful Catholic families dealing with family members who have rejected their families and Catholic upbringing and adopted the so-ca...
- pianofab: Grazie per questo breve excursus ai tempi del liceo! [Di nulla.]
- maternalView: I read Winters 217; article. That was painful. But also amusing. And revealing. His article is really a nice example of lefty catholic boilerplat e bereft of substance. I̵...
- FrAnt: When I hear of the indiscrimi nate welcome of Muslims into Europe, I am saddened to think of all of the men, women, and children who were slaughtere d for their faith. Only to have Europe&...
- Semper Gumby: Way. Too. Cool. I’d bet my last Combat Rosary that during the Solemn Unboxing one of the musical selections played by Fr. Z was this: https://yo utube.com/ watch?v=st o3p3eozg8
- erick: Commitment to the poor? That’s a great good, but may God forbid that there be any “touchston e for Catholic identity” other than Christ.
- Henry Edwards: Coyote: “I cannot recommend that anyone buy this book” ; This told me all I needed to know about Douthat 217;s book, so I immediatel y one-clicke d it at Amazon....
- pseudomodo: A Monsignor is permitted to put LLAB-BA after his name… ;.. (Looks Like A Bishop – But Ain’ t)
- David: +Fr. Sotelo: One big problem for me in all of this is that the Archdioces e has only used the phrase “imp roper relationsh ips” , and confirmed that minors were not involv...
- David: I will be very interested to see what if any voice Juventutem or FOCUS missionari es will have in the upcoming Youth Synod. I would not be surprised in the least if things were manipulate d...
- CharlesG: “Tim e to fight back.̶ 1; Well, time is greater than space, after all…
- Kathleen10: Well for sure silence won’ t make anything happen. The thing is Father, at some point Catholics have to make some noise. We can’ t take on every cause, but when something so...
- Kathleen10: Accomplice .
- rhhenry: Why can’ t we have events that appeal both to the charismati cs and to the “Tra ddies̶ 1;? For example, why not hold a youth rally in the parish hall, with Christian rock...
- OrdoMilitaris: Dear Father Z, Many thanks to you and to all, we can now announce we have 100+ orders and will be manufactur ing the flags and shipping them Easter Week. Everyone in the USA should...
- mthel: The mention of the charismati cs reminded me of a story about a priest friend of mine. My priest friend is 35 and spent many years of college falling in love with the EF, but during semina...
- JustaSinner: Father, how does one get ‘pro moted̵ 7; to Monsignor, and what, officially does it give the recipient that you don’ t have as a priest? [In general, the bishop has to...
- Lisa Graas: Ed Morrissey posted about this at Hot Air blog. He had a different take on it. I shared your link with him. I tend to agree with you.
- frjim4321: I’m not going to go down a rabbit hole on the “tax reform. 221;
- HeatherPA: @majuscule Whether or not ChesterFra nk is being facetious, I can personally say I haven’t read the book and I think that it wouldn’t be very beneficial to ordinary laypeople, at any...
- grateful: source: https://ww w.crisisma gazine.com /2018/bles s-father-s inned
- grateful: About the non-christ ian madness: (from article by Fr. John A. Perricone) “And rew Sullivan is hardly a credible source for the hearty Catholics who read these pages, carrying all...
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father!
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- How bad was the Three Days of Darkness this year?
- UPDATE – JUST TOO COOL! Battle Flag of LEPANTO reproduction available!
- Fishwrap’s Wile E. Coyote v. @DouthatNYT and his new book for Pope Francis’ 5th anniversary
- The Extraordinary Form “raises the bar”
- Lettergate produces a casualty: Msgr. Viganò. Well… not quite.
- LENTCAzT 2018 36 – Wednesday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: It’s madness!
- ROME – 7 April – Conference: “Catholic Church, Where Are You Going?”
- UPDATE & ACTION ITEM for St. John Cantius in Chicago – @SJCantius
- “Not so fast!”, says the damned soul. “Amoris laetitia says,…”.
- LENTCAzT 2018 35 – Tuesday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: “Have mercy on me, at least you, my friends!”
- UPDATE on ACTION ITEM! Pray for important pro-life SCOTUS case! Arguments on 20 March.
- A charming 15th century view of St. Joseph
- My View For Awhile: Northward
- Author of “The Dictator Pope” revealed (officially) and book format now available
- LENTCAzT 2018 34 – Monday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: sin makes you stoopid
- ASK FATHER: Absolution at jail through glass, phone in visitor’s room
- The fruits of dumbing everything down, down, ever down.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes and Passion Sunday POLL: veils on images
- LENTCAzT 2018 33 – 1st Passion Sunday, 5th of Lent: marked with the light of Thy countenance
- Dumb down liturgy. Great idea, right?
- UPDATE: Even more comes about The Letter™: additional missing text
- FSSP North America Blog
- WDTPRS 5th Sunday of Lent: Undergoing liturgical death
- “Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,…” The Lorica of St Patrick
- LENTCAzT 2018 32 – Saturday in the 4th Week of Lent: ungenerous, unscrupulous
- UPDATES – More of and about The Letter™ of Benedict XVI on the booklets
- Fr. Stravinskas breaks it down to the essential
- The Three Days of Darkness 2018 are underway in LA!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- LENTCAzT 2018 31 – Friday in the 4th Week of Lent: Innocence, Penitence, Priesthood
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Category Archives: Four Last Things
Benedict XVI sent a message for the funeral of the late Joachim Card. Meisner, emeritus of Cologne. For the German, HERE
His words include:
Was mich an den letzten Gesprächen mit dem heimgegangenen Kardinal besonders beeindruckt hat, war die gelöste Heiterkeit, die … Continue reading
Today is the 100th anniversary of Our Lady’s appearance at Fatima to the three seers on 13 July.
The father of Jacinta and Francisco said that when the 13 July apparition began, a small grayish cloud hovered over the holm oak … Continue reading
ASK FATHER: Corruption, sodomy, drugs, infidelity… How can we trust anything from Rome? Wherein Fr. Z rants.
Feedback from a reader…
In a recent post, you respond to a question about the distress that is caused by the latest homosexual scandal in the Vatican. You pointed out that the enemy will attack, “in particular,” those who have influence over others. Among … Continue reading
It seems there is a video going about of Card. Woelki reading from the will of the late Joachim Card. Meisner (most recently known as one of the Four Cardinals of the Five Dubia).
Like everyone, I do not know the hour … Continue reading
So that you don’t miss it, I provide below an explanation of the Holy Father’s oft cited and puzzling maxim “time is greater than space”. Don’t miss it.
A young writer at the increasingly helpful – and descriptive – Crisis in a new … Continue reading
UPDATE 19 June – PM:
Just to let you know and to renew my request for prayers, my fried Fr. James Stromberg at last passed away. With him at the time were some close friends and the Sisters. They sang the … Continue reading
From a reader…
Is it true that we will all die? If Jesus comes at this very moment many people will be alive. Do we die before going to hell or Heaven?
First, we don’t know exactly what is going to happen, … Continue reading
I received notice that a 1 year anniversary Requiem Mass will be celebrated on Tuesday, 28 March in New York City at the Shrine of Our Lady of Mount Carmel for the late Fr. John E. Halborg.
I met Fr. Halborg only a … Continue reading
Today is the 1st anniversary of the death of Rita Antoinette Rizzo, better known as Mother Angelica, the foundress of EWTN and many other initiatives.
May those who carry on with her work not disgrace her memory.
Here is one of the defining … Continue reading
From a reader…
Is it appropriate to have Masses said for deceased non-Catholics? What about Gregorian Masses?
You are in our prayers! Thank you for your time and your ministry.
It is praiseworthy and a work of mercy to pray for the dead. … Continue reading