Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- MariaKap said Arrrmen.
- Faith said A seminarian intern at my parish taught us all how...
- robtbrown said All movie pirates are a footnote to Robert Newton...
- bourgja said The Raccolta, 1951, contains this prayer in both E...
- Susan M said Peace for Islam means world domination, that is, w...
- Alaina said Clearly, the poor bishop has some issues of his ow...
- Unwilling said The fact that in Latin we read islamismus does not...
- Gerhard said Under Pope Benedict XVI I was confident that right...
- Gerhard said As a voiceless mere layman I earnestly entreat our...
- VexillaRegis said Dear Murtheol; are you pulling our legs?
- bbooneesq said Yes, the Ember Days are this week. I hope we all r...
- Imrahil said Dear Supertradmum, maybe they didn’t tell th...
- KateD said ISIS has banned the study of math, among other thi...
- anna 6 said You have to wonder if Benedict had the support fro...
- fib09002 said “But Catholicism had finally done so: not by...
- kittenchan said One of the best responses I ever heard to the idea...
- TNCath said As a regular visitor to the Diocese of Killaloe, I...
- Gaz said I agree with Father and don’t see that the D...
- Gaz said Our Bishop ordained 3 transitional Deacons today....
- Venerator Sti Lot said Cordelio, Note, among other passages, footnote 7,...
- murtheol said Fr. Z, I acknowledge that I might be out of my dep...
- CharlesG said Of course it’s just ridiculous that the bish...
- AvantiBev said Auguri a tutti napoletani !
- Cantor said I would like to give Bishop O’Reilly a sligh...
- MouseTemplar said Oh, that dear little boy. He looks so much like my...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Andrew, I only saw your comment after I sent my fi...
- Venerator Sti Lot said I arrived at the comments with amenamen’s qu...
- Venerator Sti Lot said If St. Godric of Finchale was a pirate, as some ev...
- tmhester said As a graduate of the great Seton Hall University (...
- kpoterack said According to a CNA news report “sources clos...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Talk Like A Pirate Day – FOOT NOTE
- WDTPRS 25th Ordinary Sunday: Do you have unfinished business?
- “Be Thou King of all those who are still involved in the darkness of idolatry or of Islamism….”
- PSA: Talk Like A Pirate Day
- The blood of San Gennaro liquefied!
- Irish bishop caves under pressure, won’t ordain only male deacons
- ¡Hagan lío! TLM now more than ever!
- Up and away! St. Joseph of Cupertino
- RECENT NOTES and THANKS TO READERS
- HAM RADIO stuff again: Echolink QSL request by RADIOGRAM.
- Card. Kasper accused other Cardinals of attacking the Pope
- Synods and Sausage: having a Church isn’t for the squeamish
- ASK FATHER: Is it wrong to use Holy Water to bless my unbaptized children?
- Where are the September Ember Days? (And some other fascinating stuff!)
- “There are not a series of rules made up by the Church; they constitute divine law, and the Church cannot change them.”
- Emergency Contact, Medical Information and YOU!
- St. Robert Bellarmine
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM! 20% off Book in defense of marriage, tradition – Essay Titles!
- The possible demotion of Card. Burke. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fishwrap: Approve of “gay” sex or risk a shrinking, irrelevant Church.
- San Francisco: Pontifical Mass!
- ASK FATHER: What time of day should Father be saying his Office?
- Crux – Fr. Z’s initial observations
- Our Sorrowful Mother, Queen of Martyrs
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Those zany Satanists!
- Good news on the Spanish Front!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Summorum Pontificum 7 years on. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: De Novissimis: Four Last Things
There is a truly bizarre story coming to me in email about a rumor that His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison, is now requiring priests to use either violet or black vestments for funerals rather than … Continue reading
From a reader:
Being that it’s ordination season and there’s lots of new young priests eager to do priestly things, there’s something that crossed my mind recently. My understanding is that in order to hear confessions and absolve sins, priests need … Continue reading
I am torn between, on the one hand, pity for these men whose priesthood and ministry was tainted from the onset by bad formation and poor leadership and, on the other, contempt for them as arrogant quislings.
From Vatican Insider:
Germany: Catholic … Continue reading
I have an obligation as an Unreconstructed Ossified Manualist to remind (or in many cases teach) you about something before the big Memorial Day (PENTECOST) weekend.
The manualist I sometimes cite, Fr. Adolphe Tanquerey, writes about temptation in The Spiritual Life. … Continue reading
I recently received from the UK-based Catholic Truth Society, a copy of their Manual of Minor Exorcisms – For the use of Priests.
And excellent.. excellent… gift for a priest or a transitional deacon about to be ordained (less so for … Continue reading
The artist Daniel Mitsui, in his newsletter, indicates that he has new art, including a representation of the Glorious Mysteries (a nice gift to a priest after Easter) and – this really caught my eye – the Four Last Things!
I … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
I have had two versions of the Via Crucis, or Stations of the Cross available in audio files, one by St. Alphonsus Liguori and the other by Pope Benedict in 2005. For these click HERE.
I … Continue reading
From VIS and Vatican Radio (Bolletino in Italian):
CDF issues declaration on canonical status of “so-called Greek-Catholic bishops of Pidhirci”
Given below is the text of a declaration issued today by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith concerning the canonical status … Continue reading