Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- MaryMargaret said Oh, well, he is the Papa emeritus, no? So I call h...
- St. Corbinian's Bear said Ha, brings to mind my “milione lire” c...
- Supertradmum said I am in deep countryside in the Midwest and cannot...
- Supertradmum said Have a safe and wonderful trip, Father Z., and ple...
- benedetta said @MaryMargaret…what you said! Though, I woul...
- MaryMargaret said Grandpapa Benedetto, I do love you. God bless you...
- teejay329 said Oh my goodness people…get up earlier to have...
- teejay329 said To Seattle…wouldn’t a Father Z reader...
- Sword40 said Father, Say “hello” to our friends, Li...
- Ed the Roman said He may be quiet. So are the Carthusians, but I don...
- Robbie said I join others when I say I miss him as Pope. I of...
- CatholicLiving said Beautiful. For us, Tenebrae tonight. This is a goo...
- Suburbanbanshee said Since I don’t think the Pope Emeritus is cur...
- Marcus de Alameda said A great Pope. Near and dear to my heart. Happy Bir...
- seattle_cdn said Should we have a reader-meetup? I’ll be head...
- Vecchio di Londra said ” for all that you did for us and Christ’s C...
- eulogos said Some years ago in the Diocese of Rochester, after...
- teejay329 said Oh Fr. Z…Godspeed. My journey there starts...
- TopSully said Almost 350 pair since yesterday. Outstanding!
- tcreek said The photo was posted on Mons. Guido Marini Facebo...
- aviva meriam said Tcreek, when was that picture taken?
- tcreek said Yes, that is George Bush in the background at the...
- tcreek said His birthday cake. https://www.facebook.com/photo....
- Priam1184 said Be safe and well Father. Am I wrong in assuming t...
- aviva meriam said Safe travels.
- rbbadger said I miss lire, too. In fact, I miss the Deutschmark...
- mrshopey said Happy Birthday to him! I miss him but glad he is...
- Grateful to be Catholic said Surely our beloved Pope Benedict is still doing gr...
- chantgirl said 3 pair of the flame retardant kind sent with a sho...
- acardnal said Do you plan to stay in Rome for the canonizations?...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
- ASK FATHER: Must the Exsultet be sung by a cleric?
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday in Holy Week
- And you thought you had problems!
- BIG PUPPET ALERT!
- How Italians differ.
- Z-SWAG: In The Wild – Phoenician Edition
- Your Palm Sunday notes
- LENTCAzT 40: Palm Sunday – “pause, take time to reflect”
- I’m sure the content has nothing to do with their choice.
- The ‘c’atholic Left, Faketivism, and You
- SAUDI ARABIA: Woman professes Christ. Eyes and mouth SEWN SHUT
- The Magisterium of Sophomores: another High School explosion
- WDTPRS: Palm Sunday – the transforming example
- Msgr. Guido Marini reconfirmed as Papal MC
- LENTCAzT 39: Saturday 5th Week of Lent – “meaning of life and death”
- Pope Francis on the Devil, modern education “horrors”, mother and father families
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: Dogs and Fleas
Where in the world is Sr. Joan?
For a while I have been wondering where Sr. Joan Chittister has been. Shouldn’t she be back in Egypt again, helping the Egyptians to sort out there problems? Shouldn’t she have been at … Continue reading
I saw this on CNS (video link HERE):
Martin Luther King’s Daughter: ‘Life Begins In a Woman’s Womb’
August 26, 2013
By Penny Starr
(CNSNews.com) – Bernice King, the daughter of the late Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., said on Thursday that “life begins in … Continue reading
Irish Govt. to force Catholics to perform abortions. Law allows for no exception or conscience objection.
From the Dignitatis Humanae Institute:
Irish Government Set To Compel Catholic Doctors To Perform Abortions
Rome, 16 August 2013
“Even nations with the most permissive abortion laws do not normally go so far as to trample on the basic right to conscientious objection.” … Continue reading
I have been saying that we are going to see more direct, physical attacks on the Church – on churches – from both pro-homosexuality and pro-abortion (pro-sterility and pro-death) advocates.
I saw this at CNA with my emphases and comments:
Abortion rights … Continue reading
Detroit has joined the ranks of the bankrupt.
When I have been driven around in Detroit I had a sense, in some neighborhoods, of what the Russians did to Berlin: looked like a war zone.
What caused the phenomenon “Detroit”, a great … Continue reading
From Seattle Times. Here is how the secular press views the bone-head BS stupid move of the Catholic Health Ass.
When you hear the words Catholic Health Association you should start thinking:
And now the news:
Catholic hospitals accept birth control compromise
In a … Continue reading
Question… rather.. quaeritur: If a Catholic chooses to work in politics and help with a campaign for a candidate, should the aforementioned Catholic try to ascertain beforehand the candidates positions?
WASHINGTON, D.C., June 28, 2013 (LifeSiteNews.com) – A Texas … Continue reading
It’s time again to break out that old fav:
The Nuns on the bus go ’round and ’round!
The last time these dissenters got on their political … hobbyhorse, they went ’round and ’round with a wymynpryst. HERE
This time they are going … Continue reading
From The Washington Examiner:
Nancy Pelosi: Kermit Gosnell case ‘really disgusting’
During her press conference this afternoon, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi was asked if she was aware of the Kermit Gosnell case and asked whether Congress should hold hearings to make … Continue reading