"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
Christmas is coming. Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Henry Edwards said The Egyptian, would that all blog comments were as...
- Janol said Andrew Saucci says…” the same beggar a...
- Kathleen10 said The Egyptian, super good posts. How superb to be...
- Lin said To The Egyptian……..Your posts hit the...
- Andrew Saucci said I don’t really see the difference between gi...
- Janol said Phil_NL — we do have objective standards her...
- The Egyptian said I guess i should add the the only way to truly hel...
- MrsMacD said Socialism promotes a cold distant charity, where w...
- arbogene said Once again, as we attempt to understand the mind o...
- Gerard Plourde said Dear sirlouis, Your point about the Cocoa Exchange...
- Joseph-Mary said “Presides….back to assembly” Thi...
- marthawrites said I began playing this CD in my car yesterday and re...
- Phil_NL said Traductoria, “The poor actually do want food...
- Phil_NL said sirlouis, That those cacao contracts aren’t...
- Gratias said In Argenina the Peronista government is at war wit...
- sirlouis said “Profit” is taken as dirty, shady, und...
- sirlouis said “Profit” is taken as dirty, shady, und...
- Supertradmum said sorry has should be have….
- Supertradmum said In spite of being very poor, (I shall not have one...
- Cavaliere said A couple thoughts, first there is profit and then...
- The Cobbler said What the good fellow with the Commander Keen avata...
- The Cobbler said “During the last few days someone remarked t...
- marcelus said From an old NYP article “It’s not like Bened...
- MouseTemplar said I’m just extremely curious as to the reactio...
- zama202 said Sometimes I wonder if the Bishop of Rome knows wha...
- Christine said frjim4321 said, “Calling it whatever you wan...
- Mojoron said The KC Star is always hungry for scandal when it c...
- Elizabeth D said Praying for the fallen-away Catholic Forbes writer...
- Mojoron said This article is right on, and simply put. I might...
- The Egyptian said As maybe the only farmer on this list I need to co...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Does Pope Francis get what it takes to feed the poor as he calls for?
- Have yourself a tactical little Christmas!
- ASK FATHER: Summorum Pontificum, Art. 4 – “observing all the norms of law”
- REMINDER: CD of music for Advent by the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles
- Turning to the East in the Diocese of Lincoln – UPDATED
- Singing Nuns defend Embattled Bishop
- Kudos to Sacred Heart in Cincinnati!
- I missed “STIR UP SUNDAY”! But it’s not too late.
- Registration error: Wherein Fr. Z screwed up!
- Pope Francis: “Europe is now a “grandmother”, no longer fertile and vibrant”
- ASK FATHER: Waxed linen altar cloths
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- New Prefect of Divine Worship and Discipline of the Sacraments
- Curial reshuffling to take place?
- Anti-Christian group’s founder arrested
- MIAMI: TLMs bringing in young people
- My View For Awhile: Allons Y Edition
- Paris – Day 7: Shells and bones
- Five Cardinals Book™ will defend marriage in several more languages!
- Bill Murray and the Traditional Latin Mass
- What Fr. Z really said when interviewed by Adam Shaw of Fox News
- “Yeu arr teking zee pheud pheuteaux wit yeur zmarty pheun!”
- Prayers and help for Fr. Kirby of Silverstream Priory
- PARIS – Day 6: La chasse and prayers and shells
- WDTPRS – Christ the King (2002MR): elements will be dissolved with fire, the earth will be burned up
- Now is the time! Romanorum coetibus!
- QUESTION FOR READERS: Our Lady of Clergy image – in Paris?
- PARIS – Day 5: Miraculous Edition
- Wherein Benedict XVI is now channeling his inner Augustine
- What’s up with the false English translation of the Synod’s Final Report?
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: Dogs and Fleas
Melbourne Archbishop Denis Hart stands by confessional despite abuse recommendationsThe Catholic Archbishop of Melbourne has stood by the church’s stance [good grief] on keeping information on abuse gained through the confessional secret, despite a Victorian Parliamentary inquiry recommending withholding information … Continue reading
There has been a lot of talk about Common Core.
The Cardinal Newman Society has an interesting piece about this.
EXCLUSIVE: National Catholic Education Association Gets Gates Foundation Grant to Promote ‘Common Core’ in Catholic Schools
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation paid … Continue reading
This was a Swiss/German liturgical production from 2012. The video was just brought to my attention.
The worst liturgical sacrileges I have seen in recent times are perpetrated by German speakers.
If they puff up in high dudgeon about renovating bishops’ residences, … Continue reading
At the National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) there is a mean-spirited and wrong-headed opinion piece by someone who is described as “an arborist and a member of the Ithaca, N.Y., Catholic Worker community”. In this piece he says that the … Continue reading
I saw this at CWN:
Curial official: over 3,000 religious leave consecrated life each year [Makes you wonder how many enter religious life. I'll bet not 3k!]
The secretary of the Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life … Continue reading
I am sure that readers of the Fishwrap will leap to denounce the tactics employed by protesters such as those in Wisconsin (HERE) and also, once again, in Brussels.
They should denounce their tactics, but I doubt they will.
Once again, in Brussels, Archbishop Joseph … Continue reading
The First Gay President wants to make our Marines wear girly hats.
From the NYPOST:
Obama wants Marines to wear ‘girly’ hats
By Jeane MacIntoshOctober
A change to the Marine Corps’ uniform hats could take the hard-nosed Leathernecks from the Halls of Montezuma to … Continue reading
Over at the National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) here is a piece by Mr. Winter’s which shows something of their true colors over there: They don’t care about the fact that taxpayer dollars will be funding intrinsically evil actions and … Continue reading
My heart goes out to those poor people who were killed and injured at the Navy Yard and to their families. Some questions have to be asked.
I was sent this link to PJ Media, which has an interesting bit of … Continue reading
Sometimes it seems that I am living in a Salvador Dali landscape: clocks melting of tables and all that.
Even as I hear about unions turning on the First Gay President over Obamacare, I find an op-ed in today’s Hell’s Bible … Continue reading