HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Katherine: I am always pleased when a bishop actually speaks to these issues with the mind of the Church. That said, I sense fear in Archbishop ChaputR 17;s response to Fr. Martin. The respo...
- ArthurH: The disagreeme nt in unres0lvab le and will remain so. What so many are missing 211; including Fr. Matin, from his words, which belie his behavior 8211; is that persons of faith can...
- Lurker 59: If you look at the question across religions (at least those that I have studied) the “res trainer 221; is always pious one — specifical ly the contemplat ive mystic, and...
- Emilio: Just like there is more than one way to skin a cat, there are many ways to undermine the Church’s teachings. I have have also noticed Fr. Martin’s sly usage of “official” teachings& #8230;...
- Greg Smisek: Alas, still no delivery to my state (Minnesota ).
- Richard_amdg: Fr Z, it seems that in our very day, there is a prominent global religious leader who recently called for a new & universal humanism, religious submission to the UN; a man who...
- Semper Gumby: Cardinal Marx and Germany. Maybe Tacitus can shed some light on this, from “Ger mania̶ 1;: “The ir holy places are woods and grovesR 30; For omens and the casting...
- dplentini: We pray for you every day, Father. God bless you and all our priests.
- Semper Gumby: teomatteo: Mother Angelica confronts a teenager in blinky light shoes̷ 0; I’d give up my last doughnut to see that chastiseme nt. “Woe , blinky light shoes, your doom...
- Grabski: Visiting Boston and discovered Trappist ales from monks in Spencer, MA.
- Semper Gumby: Glennonite : NothinR 17; like a good A-Team quote to get the day going. (after Morning Prayers of course.)
- RLseven: I hardly think James Martin serves the Antichrist . [You can serve wittingly or unwittingl y.] His heart is with God and those who are perceived in our Church a the lepers of our time. [I...
- Semper Gumby: Suburbanba nshee, hwriggles4 , sendero: Good points.
- Johann: The feeling you get after going to confession is like stepping out of a shower after being dirty and grimy for a week.
- Imrahil: Yes, I plan to take do that. I by now, without pressure, fast and abstain on Ember Days anyways (though the abstaining today will be difficult) , so one day in the week should be fine. In...
- Cincture: A recent article and memory http://www .ncregiste r.com/blog /dlittle/f asting-emb er-days-an d-reparati on-of-sins , which I admit to in part incorporat ing led me to ask: Is this...
- Gab: Friday done. Now it’s Ember Saturday here. And prayers offered for you Father Z and for all our Bishops.
- jaykay: Atra Dicenda: traditiona l Monks, traditiona l beer and, as if those two were not enough: traditiona l dogs- https://ro rate-caeli .blogspot. com/2019/0 3/support- rebuilding -of-nor...
- The Cobbler: There is a fine line between protecting oneself from or defending against abuse, and committing it. “I 8217;m not [fill in the blank] you, you’ re [fill in the blank]...
- CanukFrank: Started today. Currently fasting (as per current Church guidelines ; 2 small ‘snacks’ + 1 main meal) on Weds (for my son) and fasting and abstaining on Fridays for “Special Intentions ”...
- Hidden One: Early this morning I stepped into a church. I picked out a pew and knelt there. My smartphone , on silent, remained untroubled in my pocket. Kneeling there, in limited light, I had no...
- Unwilling: ipocrisia clericale “cle ricalism 8221; honestum cum virtute convertitu r ST ii-ii 145
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: I’ve been meaning to subscribe for a while and finally have the money. I think you convinced me.
- Fuerza: It’s probably not the same thing and I’m not making any judgment on anyone, but this immediatel y called to mind the Franciscan Friar from Dante’s Inferno who got himself condemned to the...
- Gaetano: Most seminarian s in recent years understand that they must be careful how the speak/act around their superiors. Which topics, prayers, languages, liturgical styles, and even clothing are...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- @JamesMartinSJ responds to Archbp. Chaput via @CatholicPhilly
- The Restrainer of 2 Thessalonians, Liturgy and the End Times. Wherein Fr. Z speculates and rants.
- “Empires perish. Tradition endures” – VIDEO about the Traditional Latin Mass, Usus Antiquior
- Project to fast and pray for the Church! It’s Ember Friday in September. DO IT!
- NEW BEER OPPORTUNITY from the traditional Benedictine Monks of Norcia
- A revert and the power of a good confession: “I left like a new man.”
- An old Jesuit advised Francis: “Think clearly, but speak obscurely.”
- Tall Poppy Syndrome and two American Bishops
- The priest’s voice and the “priest voice” during Holy Mass. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- The true “pseudo-schismatic” Church in Germany
- Idea for the Pan-Amazonian #Synod2019
- Initiative of Prayer and Fasting from now through October 2019 (and the Synod)
- St. Robert Bellarmine – Pray for us! Help us with your teaching and example!
- ASK FATHER: Did Francis say something heretical about God and our sins?
- Blinky light shoes at Mass
- ASK FATHER: Should I “poison” by Facebook account?
- Of “schism” and the abolition of the USCCB
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 7th Sorrow – The Burial of Jesus
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 6th Sorrow – The Piercing of the Side of Jesus, and His Deposition.
- Jesuit-run Amerika aims at Francis’ “detractors”. Incoherence ensues.
- @JamesMartinSJ and internet bullying
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 5th Sorrow – The Crucifixion of Jesus
- Mind-blowing profundity at the reconstituted John Paul II Institute 2.0
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- VIDEO: Fr. Murray, Prof. Royal on EWTN on Francis’ latest PPP (Papal Plane Presser) comments
- @FatherZ responds to @PhilipPullella of Reuters about the Holy Spirit and the elections of Popes
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 4th Sorrow – Mary meets Jesus on the way to Calvary
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Category Archives: Emanations from Penumbras
If it weren’t such a serious topic this would be a real hoot. Alaska’s governor and legislature are against public funding of abortion. However, the Alaska Supreme Court ruled that tax payers had to pay for abortions. To deal with … Continue reading
Right away go over to canonist Ed Peters’ place and read his vivisection of Card. Cupich. It’s not just Cupich whom he has eviscerated. It’s all the bishops who refuse to implement the Church’s Canon Law. I believe bishops take … Continue reading
This is largely satisfying in an awful sort of way. Listen to this brainwashed girl, a great example of the subversive work of decades within “education” and pop-TV, etc. From WND: Student who ‘steals’ pro-life sign on camera shocked by … Continue reading
I have written about the breath-taking, throat-choking, eye-blurring composition of Philip Stopford, “Lully, Lulla, Lullay”. This is the “Conventry Carol” about the Holy Innocents, a carol in some ways so heart-piercing that it seems out of step with Christmastide, except … Continue reading
From LifeSite: Democrats fight for kittens’ right to life after voting to kill born-alive babies March 14, 2019 (Family Research Council) — What do cats have that newborn babies don’t? Democrats’ support. In one of the sickest ironies no one … Continue reading
It had to happen. If it was successful in NY, it would be attempted in other states.. Read at LifeSite about a bill in Virginia that would allow abortion even at the point of giving birth. Good heavens… is “abortion” … Continue reading
Breitbart has a piece which shows the fruits of decades of slack theological training and compromised religious formation. An LBGT promoting Franciscan, who teaches heaven knows what in the theological Babylon called Chicago Theological Union, has called the March For … Continue reading
It seems that Albany’s bishop, Most Rev. Edward B. Scharfenberger, is not remaining silent about Gov. Cuomo and his hypocrisy. From Fox: NY Bishop Calls Out Cuomo Over State’s New Abortion Law: ‘It Goes Way Beyond Roe vs. Wade’ A … Continue reading
Canonist Ed Peters responded to Msgr. Charles Pope’s implicit request for canonical clarifications in the matter of NY Gov. Cuomo and his complicity… nay, rather, full-throated promotion of infanticide. If there were ever a case of application of the law … Continue reading
I switched off the news for a couple of months. After the Kavanaugh hearings and the midterms, I just couldn’t take it anymore. As for TV, I just can’t deal any longer with three heads in boxes all shouting at … Continue reading
When His Lordship the Right Reverend Philip Egan was installed as Bishop of Portsmouth in England, I was in London. I fondly recall watching a live stream of the event with not-yet-Fr James Bradley of the Ordinariate in digs at … Continue reading
On a sunny weekend day in my native place, I might have a bowl of cornflakes for breakfast, then stop at Calvary Cemetery in St. Paul to visit the graves of priests and then slide over to the Pierce Butler … Continue reading
From a reader… Dear Fr Z I read your Blog all the time. At the moment we have some horrendous legislation before our parliament, with voting to commence next week. The vote will be an attempt to remove all legal … Continue reading
The horrors of the goals of liberal dems are presaged in the horrors of the past. You should read this and remind yourself of the graciousness of God and the intervention of Our Lady in the New World. HERE Feeding … Continue reading
UPDATE 16 SEPT: Go to the bottom of the post for the RESULTS! Originally Published on: Sep 13, 2018 Everyone, here is a good news note! I received this message from a 10 year old which was forwarded by his mother. Xavier … Continue reading