Please, come here first! Enter Amazon through my search box and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
PS: I added Amazon Search Boxes for the UK and for Canada at the bottom of the blog page. Copy and paste titles I mention into those boxes and - BAZINGA! - results appear as if by magic. Kindle? HERE
US Hardcover - HERE
UK Hardcover - HERE
US Paperback - HERE
UK Paperback - not yet
- If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
- 2 Chronicles 7:14 RSV
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- thomas tucker said @Masked Chicken: Don’t attribute it to me....
- Patikins said Fr. Vincent Fitzpatrick: I see your point about th...
- JTH said I once thought the purpose of Pope Francis’...
- mbutton said Can these writers please dispense with the word ...
- The Masked Chicken said Well said, Fr. Gabriel. It is a sad fact that many...
- The Masked Chicken said Dear Thomas Tucker, You wrote: “I think the...
- The Masked Chicken said That being said, Protestants do acknowledge Christ...
- The Masked Chicken said ” To many mainline denominations we are a cu...
- juergensen said There has been a definitive Francis Effect right h...
- dinsdale said “Violence is not a sign of strength but of w...
- catholictrad said Anybody remember “Johnny Taliban”? De...
- KnightOfTruth said I remember how everyone saw Francis as incredibly...
- ChgoCatholic said I allude to a fourth camp in my longer comment bel...
- ChgoCatholic said I read the Times piece yesterday and was hoping it...
- Sconnius said For anyone looking for more about what the Church...
- ChgoCatholic said I pray you are correct about future outcomes!
- steve51b31 said I was at my weekly prison ministry visit this even...
- Mike said You know, today I had only two people wish me a ha...
- tcreek said I have several non churchgoing “catholicR...
- 21stCentury Anglican said As an Anglican, I can tell you that we’ve se...
- thomas tucker said I think the number of Catholics going to church wo...
- Sieber said Today I have been reading up on angels including t...
- Fr. Gabriel, OP said While brevity is important, it is perhaps the lest...
- Prayerful said The priest had some very fine golden vestments for...
- Bosco said I love that depiction of the angels with Tobias be...
- Kathleen10 said sorry for two posts, but I read the articles. I ha...
- jaykay said Adorista says: “They liked what they thought...
- Anne C. said Father Z, you would be pleased to know that your f...
- Kathleen10 said I’m going to comment before I read the artic...
- albizzi said I began to confess in the pre-VATII times like thi...
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee) and Norcia (beer)!
Without you, there is no blog.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Art by D Burkart
- Aedificantium enim unusquisque gladio erat accinctus.
- Nehemiah 4:18
"Where priest and people together face the same way, what we have is a cosmic orientation and also in interpretation of the Eucharist in terms of resurrection and trinitarian theology. Hence it is also an interpretation in terms of parousia, a theology of hope, in which every Mass is an approach to the return of Christ."
Joseph Ratzinger - The Feast of Faith"In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003
One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting. — C. S. Lewis
Ham Radio Stuff
Fr. Z - W9FRZ - OFF
QRV on: 00m 00000
Check Echolink WB0YLE-R - OFF
"One of the few things in life you can be absolutely sure about is that, if Management tells you it doesn't like your Tone, you are getting something right."
"Latin is a precise, essential language. It will be abandoned, not because it is unsuitable for the new requirements of progress, but because the new men will not be suitable for it. When the age of demagogues and charlatans begins, a language like Latin will no longer be useful, and any oaf will be able to give a speech in public and talk in such a way that he will not be kicked off the stage. The secret to this will consist in the fact that, by making use of words that are general, elusive, and sound good, he will be able to speak for an hour without saying anything. With Latin, this is impossible."
- - Giovanni Guareschi
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
"We as Catholics have not properly combated (the culture) because we have not been taught our Catholic Faith, especially in the depth needed to address these grave evils of our time. This is a failure of catechesis both of children and young people that has been going on for fifty years. It is being addressed, but it needs much more radical attention... What has also contributed greatly to the situation is an exaltation of the virtue of tolerance which is falsely seen as the virtue which governs all other virtues. In other words, we should tolerate other people in their immoral actions to the extent that we seem also to accept the moral wrong. Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not the principal virtue; the principal virtue is charity... Charity means speaking the truth. I have encountered it (not speaking the truth) many times myself as a priest and bishop. It is something we simply need to address. There is far too much silence — people do not want to talk about it because the topic is not 'politically correct.' But we cannot be silent any longer."
Raymond Card. Burke
Help the Sisters. They have a building project. Get great soap (gifts, etc.) while helping REAL nuns!
Some OBLIGATORY reading…
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A great hymnal…
Find a Quality Realtor. Support the Gospel of Life!
If you, or someone you know, needs to buy or sell a house, office, or any kind of domestic or commercial property anywhere in the world, call Real Estate For Life on 1-877-LIFE-US1. They connect you with an expert agent with a proven track-record from a local franchised broker or strong independent. When the sale is completed, the agent gives a portion of their fee to Real Estate For Life as a referral fee. Real Estate For Life gives 80% of that fee to one of the pro-life organizations they work with: a house with a value of $150,000 means $1000 goes to the pro-life organization. It doesn't cost you anything.
And for your cybersecurity…
Mystic Monk Coffee also has TEA!
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- WDTPRS 27th Ordinary Sunday: Ashes, Holy Soap and You
- A Roman Mystery: The Lost Tomb of St. Jerome
- Angel Feast!
- Sober and sobering views of the “Francis Effect”
- NORTH KOREA: Christians ‘Hung On A Cross Over Fire’, Steamrollered And Crushed To Death
- The language of politics
- ACTION ITEM! FLOODS! Fr. Z to BISHOPS and PRIESTS – Pray Against Floods
- Priests can indeed decline to hear confessions face-to-face
- ASK FATHER: Father says Mass without a chasuble, only a stole over the alb
- Via Michaelica: a “Ley Line” Pilgrimage, and You
- 30 November – MADISON – Confirmation in the Traditional Rite
- FOLLOW UP POLL: 26 Sept 2016 – Trump v Clinton
- CHICAGO: 26 September – Essential Debate Day FOOD Edition!
- “If I were a bishop, I would send round formidable, even terrifying, hit squads of young clergy…”
- URGENT POLL – 26 Sept 2016 – Trump v Clinton Debate
- Bp. Olmsted (D. Phoenix) interprets ‘Amoris laetitia’
- Your Good News
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: Will all be saved?
- We are at a “precarious moment in our history” when churches must speak truth to power
- Happy Feast of Our Lady of Walsingham to members of the Ordinariate
- WDTPRS Collect 19th Sunday after Pentecost- “Why did God make you?”
- “O God, you are so big!” Maronite English liturgical translations: Devastation!
- Padre Pio music on his feast day: Musical Setting of his “Prayer” (VIDEO)
- WDTPRS – 26th Ordinary Sunday: Bowels of Mercy
- SSPX Bp. Fellay talks about relations with the Holy See
- September Ember!
- MEXICO: Another priest kidnapped after two were murdered
- Acton on giving the powerful a pass because they are famous
- The Autumnal Tipping Point
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Please follow me on Twitter!
- "It will never be known what acts of cowardice have been committed for fear of not looking sufficiently progressive."
Charles Pierre Péguy Notre Patrie, 1905"If I ought to write the truth, I am of the mind that I ought to flee all meetings of bishops, because I have never seen any happy or satisfactory outcome to any council, nor one that has deterred evils more than it has occasioned their acceptance and growth."
St. Gregory Nazianzus ep. 131 - AD 382“We will conquer your Rome, break your crosses, and enslave your women. If we do not reach that time, then our children and grandchildren will reach it, and they will sell your sons as slaves at the slave market.”
Reading and gift ideas!
Category Archives: Emanations from Penumbras
Family Day is underway in Rome. Huge crowds have converged on the Circo Massimo. Here are some pics from the Great Roman™ Fabrizio. The traditional parish staffed by the FSSP is represented. More
Pope Francis: “there cannot be confusion between the family desired by God and every other type of union”
The other day His Holiness Pope Francis gave the annual address to the Roman Rota. HERE The Rota, the Tribunal Apostolicum Rotae Romanae or Apostolic Tribunal of the Roman Rota is the Church’s highest appellate court. It takes its name from the round … Continue reading
I received this, which I bring to the readership: Walk for Life West Coast Urges Local Media to remind San Franciscans downtown will be crowded on January 23, 2016! San Francisco, January 20, 2016 – This Saturday, January 23, 2016 … Continue reading
At onenewsnow we find this about Nancy “the theologian” Pelosi, stooge for bi-business abortion. Who’s to blame for Pelosi? Her church… A prominent pro-life organization is calling on the Roman Catholic Church to send a signal to House Minority Leader … Continue reading
The other day I heard that for the State of the Union Address in POTUS’s area of the gallery there was to be an empty seat to honor victims of gun violence (which I assume also means gang-bangers who shot … Continue reading
Did you all see the great news? His Eminence Robert Card. Sarah is the keynote speaker at the National Catholic Prayer Breakfast this yet. HERE I know where I will be on 17 May 2016.
A couple of really sad women… horrific world views… tragic consequences. First, Nancy “The Theologian” Pelosi at CNS: (CNSNews.com) – House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) criticized Republican attempts to defund Planned Parenthood and repeal the Affordable Care Act in … Continue reading
Nancy “the Theologian” Pelosi (D-CA), devout practicing Catholic and mother! Ain’t she sweet? Listen to her nasty snapping tone when she is asked about big business abortion by a reporter. To defend her darling Planned Parenthood, she’d tear the throat out … Continue reading
How ’bout this? From Breitbart: OFFICE DEPOT REFUSES TO PRINT COPIES OF PRO-LIFE PRAYER Office Depot has refused to print copies of a pro-life prayer on the grounds that to do so violates company policy of printing material that “advocates … Continue reading
The distinguished canonist (and commentator here) Ed Peters has a useful post at his fine blog In The Light Of The Law about the distinction of the sin of abortion and the crime of abortion and the sanction/censure that can be incurred … Continue reading
From The Fishwrap (aka National Sodomitic Reporter)… The Church should work with Big Business Abortion – Planned Parenthood. To them, I’m sure, this is reasonable. Sample: The Catholic church should partner with Planned Parenthood to reduce abortions After 40 years … Continue reading
I direct the readership’s attention to The Cardinal Newman Society‘s report A More Scandalous Relationship: Catholic Colleges and Planned Parenthood The CNS has a feed on my side bar. Watch it daily. Also, at Crisis see the article on Catholic Colleges and Planned Parenthood: … Continue reading
Reading the news around the Catholic world you would think that prelates and priests and lay faithful alike are going absolutely loony about climate change. Since Laudato si’ it seems as if those who read selectively have been rushing lemming-like to … Continue reading
Planned Parenthood, which makes money from selling dead baby parts, has a Clergy Advocacy Board, which released a statement defending the abattoir. I tried to find the names of the board members, but came up with this when I clinked … Continue reading
Early Monday evening, the U.S. Senate will vote on S. 1881, to prohibit taxpayer funding of big biz abortion Planned Parenthood. From Life News: While most members of the Senate are strongly pro-life and support yanking taxpayer funding from the … Continue reading