- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- anna 6 said I think it is fascinating how Pope Francis isnR...
- Katylamb said RJHighland: Why do you have to work on your charit...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said I concur with Vecchio do Londra. I don’t bel...
- lana said Vecchio, Pope Francis is devoted to St Therese. P...
- LadyMarchmain said Vecchio, Rorate Caeli has posted something new fro...
- LadyMarchmain said Thank you for this wonderful expanding meditation...
- LadyMarchmain said Thomas’ skepticism has done more to bring us to fa...
- Vecchio di Londra said Supertradmum, I shall pray that your cataract oper...
- SpesUnica said On a lighter note, if an older brother in communit...
- SpesUnica said I’m a religious priest and live in a rectory...
- Venerator Sti Lot said My knowledge of Italian is on the wrong side of ru...
- RJHighland said Thank you Pope Frances for bringing this overwhelm...
- Priam1184 said Thomas’ unbelief was more benefit to our fai...
- Vecchio di Londra said It is reassuring that the Holy Father has recommen...
- Cincinnati Priest said Dittos to what Fr. Martin Fox said about socializi...
- Charivari Rob said Phil_NL, I’ll disagree with Ted on a point o...
- frjim4321 said What really stinks about this is I need 175W or a...
- OrthodoxChick said Phil_NL & Ted, Here in the U.S., incandescent...
- Dave N. said If clericalism and reverence have anything to do w...
- lana said Father Martin Fox, you would like a book called ...
- frjim4321 said “Home Depot and a Solemn Mass. It’s a great...
- Joe of St Thérèse said Everyone has right to a good name, glad he pointed...
- TNCath said The Hoy Father rightly condemns gossip. I suspect...
- Scott W. said Isn’t Lowes’ the better choice because...
- Supertradmum said Fr. Z., thank you for this history lesson. I had...
- Supertradmum said oopps sorry, not mine-I do have an eye appointment...
- Supertradmum said I highlighted the gossip bit by the Pope earlier o...
- Phil_NL said Ted: First of all, I believe the government has no...
- Priam1184 said And the facing east (actual east, not just ‘...
- Priam1184 said Aaargh… I forgot it was the Ember Day today...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- ADVENTCAzT 22: 4th Sunday of Advent – Should not His arrival be more majestic?
- Salt and Light
- Pope Francis and Christmas Greetings to the Roman Curia
- WDTPRS O Oriens: Winter Solstice and thoughts on time
- ADVENTCAzT 21: 3rd Saturday of Advent – no power can take it from us
- Proper “clericalism” defined and defended
- Hell’s Bible and a Secular Apotheosis: another lesson in our “culture war”
- QUAERITUR: Father had an iPad in the confessional!
- Comments on the Duck Dynasty controversy
- ADVENTCAzT 20: 3rd Friday of Advent – “in front of him stands The Tempter…”
- The Feeder Feed: Yes, another XPGF and The Eyes have it
- Cracks in the liberal adulation of Pope Francis
- ACTION ITEM! Help the Nuns on the Bus!
- QUAERITUR: Can I change my voice to fool the confessor?
- Hint: It ain’t Mozart.
- Pope: Curial officials should hear confessions
- ADVENTCAzT 19: 3rd Thursday of Advent – His domain is oecumenical
- Invention to help hearing-impaired make a good confession
- My View For Awhile
- Judge gives relief to Archd. NY against the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- Pat Archbolds’ Open Letter to Pope Francis on Franciscan Friars
- ADVENTCAzT 18: 3rd Wednesday of Advent – religion has dissolved into an emotion, but…
- Pope approves canonization of St. Peter Faber, waiving the usual process
- Fatherless homes a key factor in school shootings, teen delinquency
- 17 Dec: 77th Birthday of His Holiness Pope Francis
- ADVENTCAzT 17: 3rd Tuesday of Advent – The innermost core of the mystery of Christmas
- VIDEO Islamists Attack Towering Christ Statue in Syria, Bomb Monastery
- Must read: Camille Paglia on feminist disrespect for men
- St. David, king, prophet, sinner, penitent – 16 or 29 Dec?
- NEW Z-SWAG: “I am a Self-Absorbed Promethean Neopelagian and proud of it.”
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“The Saints are not supermen, nor were they born perfect. They are like us, like each one of us. They are people who, before reaching the glory of heaven, lived normal lives with joys and sorrows, struggles and hopes. What changed their lives? When they recognized God’s love, they followed it with all their heart without reserve or hypocrisy. They spent their lives serving others, they endured suffering and adversity without hatred and responded to evil with good, spreading joy and peace. This is the life of a Saint. Saints are people who for love of God did not put conditions on him in their life; they were not hypocrites; they spent their lives at the service of others. They suffered much adversity but without hate. The Saints never hated. Understand this well: love is of God, then from whom does hatred come? Hatred does not come from God but from the devil! And the Saints removed themselves from the devil; the Saints are men and women who have joy in their hearts and they spread it to others. Never hate but serve others, the most needy; pray and live in joy. This is the way of holiness! Being holy is not a privilege for the few, as if someone had a large inheritance; in Baptism we all have an inheritance to be able to become saints. Holiness is a vocation for everyone. Thus we are all called to walk on the path of holiness, and this path has a name and a face: the face of Jesus Christ.”
- Pope Francis, Angelus, 1 Nov 2013
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Category Archives: Emanations from Penumbras
It’s time again to break out that old fav:
The Nuns on the bus go ’round and ’round!
The last time these dissenters got on their political … hobbyhorse, they went ’round and ’round with a wymynpryst. HERE
This time they are going … Continue reading
Did you see this?
Vatican City, May 13, 2013 / 08:25 am (CNA/EWTN News).- Pro-lifers who had just finished the third annual Italian March for Life on Sunday were surprised to see Pope Francis coming toward them in the popemobile.
“It … Continue reading
From The Washington Examiner:
Nancy Pelosi: Kermit Gosnell case ‘really disgusting’
During her press conference this afternoon, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi was asked if she was aware of the Kermit Gosnell case and asked whether Congress should hold hearings to make … Continue reading
With all the hoohah going on about the upcoming Conclave, don’t forget that all “Church”, like politics, is local.
In these USA we are facing unprecedented attacks on our religious freedom. The Obama Administration, through Obamatax and the HHS Mandate, is … Continue reading
Raymond Card. Burke, Prefect of the Apostolic Signatura, is probably the expert on can. 915.
I picked this up from EWTN:
Cardinal says no communion for Irish politicians who support abortion
As the Irish parliament considers legalizing some abortions, Cardinal Raymond Burke says … Continue reading
Here’s a note of special interest to Catholic quislings who supported President Obama in both elections.
Obama tells NARAL activists to ‘celebrate’ Roe, says ‘I couldn’t be prouder’ of them
WASHINGTON, D.C., February 7, 2013, (LifeSiteNews.com) – President Barack Obama addressed … Continue reading
Today the U.S. Bishops issued a statement about the supposed “accommodation” proffered by the Obama Administration in regard to the anti-1st Amendment HHS Mandate.
HHS Proposal Falls Short In Meeting Church Concerns; Bishops Look Forward To Addressing Issues With Administration
February 7, … Continue reading
‘Pro-life paradigm’ motivates domestic terrorism: West Point report
BY BEN JOHNSON
WEST POINT, NY, February 4, 2013, (LifeSiteNews.com) – A study published by West Point’s anti-terrorism center claims the “pro-life paradigm” is a motivating factor in domestic terrorism.
Dr. Arie Perliger, director … Continue reading