Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Unwilling: Having “imp ure thoughts 8221; and “des ires is “par t of who God created me to be”. We must change the wording of the Lord’ ;s Prayer: Lead us not into...
- frjimt: … dominus flevitR 30; just an intro to what the german mitre̵ 7;s will be offering next… ;. st john chrysostom : the road to hell is paved with priestR 17;s skulls
- aquinasadmirer: I’m reminded of something Fr. Richard Simon (of Relevant Radio) said about the term: gay. “Gay ? He’s not in a good mood.̶ 1; I agree with you Fr. Z. I despise...
- JustaSinner: Where is St. Ignatius when you need him?
- AutoLos: This was nice to see – not so nice to hear. Is he holding two hosts at the consecrati on??
- danus1317: “Oim oi,” as the ancient Greeks said. That video of the Pope pulling back his hand was hard to watch.
- Bellarmino Vianney: What is noteworthy is that *during* the Most Holy Sacrifice of the Mass (Calvary), one of Jesus̵ 7; servants (Dismas) rebuked someone who was profaning God and His Most Holy...
- Fr Martin Fox: Matthewp said: So question. At the end of the Mass, some people managed to kiss the ring. Now I’m really confused! Why did he recoil at it one time and allow it in another??? Perhaps...
- Joe in Canada: While I totally like the idea of an Easter Vigil that starts after sundown, I can’ t really understand how a practice that is a living memory for many people (albeit not me)...
- Gab: I really appreciate you doing these excellent podcasts, Father. Thank you. The descriptio n by St Ambrose of our Holy Mother is humbling. Very, very, humbling.
- robert hightower: Hello WmHesch, Beginning last year, certain FSSP parishes received permission to use the 1955 rites, one of which was Sacred Heart in the Fort Wayne, IN area. A friend of mine was...
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father!
- Mario Bird: I think they’ ;re reenacting that scene from DisneyR 17;s Robin Hood. LITTLE JOHN (bowing to kiss his ring): And now, your mightiness , allow me to lay some protocol on you...
- Matt Robare: A couple of times I’ve been to Masses (one EF, one Ordinariat e Use) where the High Altar was used, but the Table Altar was left in place. I also know of a wealthy, subur...
- carndt: Thank you for sharing Daniel Mitsui’s Crucifixio n. He does such beautiful religious art. I have two of his drawings at home.
- WmHesch: I’m a big fan of a morning Easter Vigil when we fully restore the pre-1955 rites for two reasons: A) preservati on of the fast that begins with Good Friday; and B) let the actual celebra...
- andia: Prayers and fasting for Fr Rynne, and all priests
- VP: What a strange man.
- JamesA: I have never seen or heard of a pope doing something so uncharitab le. For many of those people, perhaps the only chance in a lifetime to meet the Roman Pontiff 230;and he does that. My...
- Sword40: About 13 years ago, our local pastor asked me if I could help him complete the last wishes of a parishione r who had just passed away. Seems he had gotten permission for a Requiem Mass....
- Amante de los Manuales: I noticed it especially starting at 1:12. Whatever the reason for it, it looks really, really bad.
- ex seaxe: This document :- http://www .diocesidi roma.it/ar chivio/201 9/cardinal e/19.03.01 .Lettera%2 0ai%20Sace rdoti%20su l%20Triduo %20Pasqual e.pdf?fbcl id=IwAR3TX nnEohKQexC xp9ucdx...
- Pius Admirabilis: I’m really struggling to retain composure. It does not matter whether the priest acted wrongly, if he is the greates jerk in history, and if Ms. Bennett is a real sweethe...
- Pius Admirabilis: Wow, Father, thank you for this article! That is honestly so cool! Just one question: You said that the “tra ditional 8221; point of time for the beginng of the Vigil...
- AureEntuluva: Thanks for such an in depth answer Father! Although I’m not the one who sent this question in, I recently wondered the same thing. I’m a bit concerned about my parish having the Vigil...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Jesuit-run homosexualist Amerika’s latest pro-sodomy blasphemy
- LENTCAzT 2019 21 – Tuesday of the 3rd Week of Lent: From the very threshold
- ALERT! Registration queue
- ASK FATHER: How early can the Easter Vigil begin?
- VIDEO: Francis’ Mass ad orientem at Loreto and… something else
- 25 March: Feast of The Good Thief, St. Dismas
- LENTCAzT 2019 20 – Monday of the 3rd Week of Lent: The angel’s greeting to Mary
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Pasta e ceci … with a quiz
- ASK FATHER: Bishop forces priest to use table altar instead of high altar for Extraordinary Form
- LENTCAzT 2019 19 – 3rd Sunday of Lent: Mass is not a souvenir
- Vicious letter to a young, faithful priest
- LENTCAzT 2019 18 – Saturday in the 2nd Week: God chooses the weak
- STOP THE PRESSES: Young people sing in the Illinois State Capitol
- Study Commission: no evidence women were ordained to the diaconate
- Your Good News – UPDATED
- Dots to connect
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- LENTCAzT 2019 17 – Friday in the 2nd Week: The most efficacious devotion?
- Wherein Fr. Z makes an appeal to the readership
- “Dear Fathers, dear seminarians…” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- LENTCAzT 2019 16 – Thursday in the 2nd Week: “Don’t give me heaven! Instead give me…”
- George Weigel on “Two Georges” and future persecution
- Francis’ Triduum Schedule: strange lacuna
- Bp. Schneider: On the question of a heretical pope
- ASK FATHER: Father doses off during Mass
- LENTCAzT 2019 15 – Wednesday in the 2nd Week: Card. Burke
- Officially BADASS CATHOLIC PHOTO
- Germany: More dissent from nuns
- “Te, Ioseph celebrent”, a hymn in honor of the Terror of Demons
- CRISIS: Keen analysis of the implosion of the German Church
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Category Archives: Events
I received the following: The Funeral Arrangements for Bishop Morlino are as follows: – A Prayer Vigil, with opportunity for visitation, will be held Monday, December 3rd, at the O’Donnell Chapel at Holy Name Heights, 702 S. High Point Rd., … Continue reading
I had notice of an upcoming event at the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe near La Crosse, Wisconsin. If you have never visited this beautiful shrine, you might consider a summer road trip pilgrimage. Also in Wisconsin is the … Continue reading
Put this in your calendars. Candlemas is coming up on 2 February. His Excellency Most Rev. Robert C. Morlino will be the celebrant for this Pontifical Mass at the Throne. The rites include the blessing of candles. The music will … Continue reading
CNA reports that those who participate in the March For Life in Washington DC can gain a plenary indulgence. Participating in the March for Life? There’s an indulgence for that. Washington D.C., Jan 7, 2018 / 04:01 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- … Continue reading
This is no just a Pontifical Mass where there hasn’t been a Pontifical Mass for decades. I really like the fact that it is advertised by the diocese on their diocesan website and facebook page. That caught my eye. Not … Continue reading
Today there was an terror attack in New York City. An Islamic, ISIS inspired Bangladeshi terrorist brought a bomb into the Port Authority during the morning rush hour. It detonated earlier than intended it seems, injuring the idiot badly. Stupid … Continue reading
I received this from a nice people at ACTON INSTITUTE: We have a free conference event coming up in Washington, D.C. this Wednesday. Father Sirico will be speaking at it, as well as Dr. Sam Gregg. HERE [The topic is … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison, has graciously consented to confer the sacrament of Confirmation according to the traditional form of the Roman Rite on the evening of Tuesday, 28 November 2017 at St. Mary’s Church in Pine Bluff, … Continue reading
INDIANAPOLIS 17 NOV – YOUNG PEOPLE! Traditional Solemn Mass for the National Catholic Youth Conference
There will be a SOLEMN Mass in the traditional, Extraordinary Form at the NCYC (National Catholic Youth Conference) Solemn High EF Mass Friday, November 17th 2017 11:30 AM Indiana Convention Center Mass will be located in the adoration chapel in … Continue reading
The north side of Chicago has massive and venerable Polish churches. Some have languished and were in danger of closure, such as St. John Cantius and St. Mary of the Angels. What revived them? Traditional Catholic liturgy and teaching. I … Continue reading
On 2 November, All Soul’s Day Bishop Robert Morlino of the Diocese of Madison will celebrate a special Pontifical Requiem Mass at the Throne (Extraordinary Form). This annual Requiem Mass is celebrated for the deceased clergy of the diocese. The … Continue reading
Here is a great opportunity, not only to experience a great Catholic boys choir, but also to SUPPORT a great Catholic boys choir! There are both Masses and concerts. Take note. The Schola Cantorum of The London Oratory School
On 13 October, special Masses will be celebrated on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the Miracle of the Sun during the final apparition of Our Lady at Fatima. Use the combox to post about YOUR Masses! In Madison, … Continue reading
On 13 October 2017 we observe the 100th anniversary of the Miracle of the Sun that concluded Our Lady’s apparitions at Fatima, Portugal. In celebration of that anniversary and to give glory to God and honor to Mary, Mother of … Continue reading
There is a promising conference in – I think – Kansas. The advertising is a little confusing, since they are talking about it on the site of Our Lady of Mount Carmel in Littleton (Denver), CO where my friend Fr. … Continue reading