Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Marion Ancilla Mariae II: On a sidenote: Fr. Reader characteri zed the undergroun d Church in China thus: “In many cases, together with strong piety there is no authority at all, no doctri...
- excalibur: Cardinal: Pope is ‘ice cold, sly Machiavell ian, and, what is worse – he lies’ https://ww w.lifesite news.com/b logs/cardi nal-pope-i s-ice-cold -sly-machi avellian-a nd-what-is -worse...
- mbarry: Thank you all very much for your help! May God bless all of you all in abundance!
- maternalView: My old parish has been dying for years and I’m not quite sure how or why it’s still around. They have once a week Eucharist adoration and they’ ;ve had reasona...
- maternalView: Fr. Kalchik is an abuse survivor. Surely the Cardinal could show a little more mercy and accompanim ent than that! So the takeaway is the Cardinal ISN’ T on the side of abuse...
- Rob83: Sometimes there is a palpable sense that something is not right. I had that experience in Rome one night many years ago. A man approached , grasped the cup I was holding, said a few words I...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): Being put in a mental institutio n was a routine punishment in the Soviet Union.
- hwriggles4: I am one guy who is growing tired of “the making gay OK agenda. ” That said, I for one am going to be on the lookout for Male same sex couples (no, not roommates –...
- Bthompson: Not as novel as you might think. Psych evaluation /treatment and the threat thereof are a moderately common kudgel wielded against seminarian s, priests, religious. (Now, not all such...
- ArthurH: If this psych action is in any way true, this whole affair becomes yet another surreal Orwellian momentR 11; a nightmare from which we seem unable to awaken. It seems the stuff of a bad...
- MrsMacD: @Fr Sean Coyle THAT story has been a real joy. Thank you for that! Chuckle. Chuckle. Thank you!
- MrsMacD: but they don’ t have time to deal with the ‘sod oclericali sm’ in the Church, because there is plastic in the ocean̷ 0; right. Sounds like gas-lighti ng to me.
- Fr. Reader: @MrsMacD. Thanks for the message. I hope it is not as bad as many people say.
- MrsMacD: @Fr. Reader I can not understand how you can defend something so obviously evil. We can not have the Communist government in China choose even one bishop. Their law is government first; a...
- KateD: Bishop Bartosic also evicted the resident priest unlawfully ? I can’ t imagine that Chicago would allow that under their landlord-t enant laws. Sounds like he has also, unfortunat ely...
- Fr. Reader: In spite of what I wrote above, I also share the fears expressed by many in their comments.
- Fr. Reader: @what did the Vatican obtain? Among other things, not to obligue many catholics, priests and laypeople to keep their conscience s in a perpetual and very difficult equilibriu m. Many...
- richdel: If the provenance of the documents related to this synod are anything like that of the documents associated with the synod on the family, I am hoping and praying that bishops are going to...
- KateD: Seems to me Father Paul Kalchick is neither a threat to himself nor others, therefore he cannot be forcefully detained in a mental institutio n. Priest or not, Father Kalchick 8217;s...
- JesusFreak84: defenderof Truth, we sadly already know the answer to THAT question 8230;
- JesusFreak84: 1P5 says the priest is actually in hiding now: https://on epeterfive .com/chica go-priest- who-burned -gay-flag- flees-afte r-archdioc ese-threat ens-forcib le-removal /
- Joe in Canada: Regarding reclaiming the rainbow – when I see the rainbow painted on crosswalks , if possible I congratula te the municipali ty for commemorat ing the covenant God made with...
- Sawyer: Chaput is a wise and holy archbishop . He knows he’l l never get the red hat from Francis. Maybe this is his way of saying, “Scr ew it.” The bishops are slowly divid...
- Sword40: And so the persecutio n begins. We must pray and persevere and then pray some more.
- Dismas: Even if my thoughts on this matter were totally and verifiably correct, I believe that it would be a sin for me to express them.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Archbp. Chaput of @ArchPhilly on upcoming Synod’s working document. Concerns.
- UPDATE – @ArchChicago parish burns a “rainbow flag”
- THIS IS WAR! Wherein Fr. Z calls on bishops and priests to FIGHT BACK as priests and bishops!
- Akita, Communion in the hand, and homosexuality
- Card. Zen on the “Provisional Agreement” with the PRC on Bishops
- WDTPRS – 25th Ordinary Sunday: Each love fuels the other, when love of God is first.
- VIDEO: Fr. Murray on aspects of The Present Crisis
- ASK FATHER: Adding water to Holy Water
- ASK FATHER: If in letters Benedict XVI imparts still the Apostolic Blessing…
- A story of spectacular complexity, involving shady people, huge money, interlocking directorates, vast loans, and the Papal Foundation.
- One Mad Mom spanks James Martin, LGBTSJ – UPDATED
- Bishop R. Walker Nickless of Sioux City on #ViganoTestimony
- And now a word from our sponsor…
- BOOKS RECEIVED: Vatican I: The Council and the Making of the Ultramontane Church
- The upcoming Synod’s “working document”
- ASK FATHER: Should we pray for or against the success of the Synod?
- What passes for important today.
- YOU are other people. It’s always someone else… until it’s YOU.
- ASK FATHER: Are we are in the End Times?
- Fr. Murray’s Open Letter to ex-Card. McCarrick. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Cri de Coeur about lost innocence and The Present Crisis
- Card. Müller: “the real danger to today’s humanity is the greenhouse gases of sin and the global warming of unbelief”
- Thoughts on fatherhood and how priestly identity is undercut by short terms as pastors
- More Jesuit idiocy – BUT WAIT! There’s more!
- Henry Sire: “Archbishop Viganò is now living in fear of his life, quite literally.”
- ASK FATHER: Can a Dominican Tertiary priest use the Dominican Rite?
- Lay Rage in Chicago, Mary Eberstadt takes names, and Fr. Z rants
- There are more than one “lavender mafia”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS – 17th Sunday after Pentecost: diabolical contagion
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Category Archives: Events
I’ve been in touch with the folks who are organizing Sermo Fidelium (Talk/Language of the Faithful).
This will be a few days in a truly beautiful setting for Latinists and students of Latin to spend time together latine loquentes. The dates … Continue reading
A few days ago I mentioned the Fatima anniversary procession that will be at St. John Cantius in Chicago. That’s be great. Also, I will be speaking in Grand Rapids, MI.
I just learned that in Minneapolis (my native place), a new … Continue reading
Each year I very much like to attend in Rome the Summorum Pontificum pilgrimage. Here is a video with moments from last year’s events along with an invitation from my old friend Archbp. Sample of Portand.
Last night I watched a segment of The Hollow Crown. Series 1 (Richard II, Henry IV Part 1, Henry IV Part 2, Henry V) US HERE – Series 1 UK HERE – Series 2 (Henry VI Part 1, Henry VI Part 2, … Continue reading
On Thursday, 2 February, at 7 PM His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino will celebrate a Pontifical Mass at the Throne for Candlemas.
The location of the Mass is the Chapel at Holy Name Heights (once Bishop O’Conner Center) in … Continue reading
Next week Wednesday, 25 January, for the Feast of the Conversion of St. Paul, my good friend Fr. Leonard Villa, Pastor of the Church of St. Paul the Apostle in Yonkers, NY, will have a Solemn Mass for the Patronal … Continue reading
I received a note from a priest of the Fraternity of St. Vincent Ferrer which I share now with the readership:
Dear Father Zuhlsdorf,
I hope this message finds you well. I am FR. JORDAN-MARY, a priest of the Fraternity of St. Vincent … Continue reading
For all of you within striking distance of NYC, this is IMPORTANT.
Change whatever you have on your schedule in order to attend. Bring family. Bring friends. Bring strangers. Clone people and bring them too.
From my correspondent:
For the first time in … Continue reading
On 2 November, All Soul’s Day Bishop Robert Morlino of the Diocese of Madison will celebrate a special Pontifical Requiem Mass at the Throne (Extraordinary Form) with an intention for the deceased priests and bishops of the Diocese of Madison.
The … Continue reading
I will say Mass for the intention of benefactors (those who donate monthly, occasionally, send items from wish lists, etc.) here in Rome on Sunday, 30 October, the Feast of Christ the King. I am very grateful to everyone … Continue reading
Anyone who is in the neighborhood of Toronto, please take note.
First, there will be a Solemn Mass celebrated for the Feast of Christ the King (the last Sunday of October), 30 October. His Eminence Thomas Card. Collins will preach. It … Continue reading
It would be nice to be somewhere near New York City in order to be able to attend these great talks by my friend Fr. John Hunwicke, of the Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham.
WISCONSIN: Bishops to perform Act of Entrustment of the Faithful of Wisconsin to Mary, Mother of Mercy
The Year of Mercy is drawing to a close. In the Litany of Loreto, we invoke Mary under the title of Mother of Mercy… Mater misericordiae.
On the Feast of the Most Holy Rosary, the bishops of Wisconsin will entrust the faithful … Continue reading
Have you ever heard of a “ley line”? These are straight lines that can be draw on a map linking both man made and natural sites that line up in a significant way. For example there is a Ley Line … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison, has graciously consented to confer the sacrament of Confirmation according to the traditional form of the Roman Rite on the evening of Wednesday, 30 November 2016 at St. Mary’s Church in … Continue reading