Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Ages: This bizarre stuff is all starting to remind me of Pizzagate. (which I sincerely believe is mostly or all true, by the way)
- Imrahil: Dear HvonBlumen thal, no, he isn’ t. This passage simply has nothing to do with Vatican II at all.
- HvonBlumenthal: Thank you Father Fox. It follows that if a priest were to hear such a confession , he could reasonably demand evidence of repentance before giving absolution . For example he could...
- HvonBlumenthal: In addition to the three points you mention, Father, isn’t this passage also quite striking? Isn’t he in effect rejecting (by implicatio n if not by name) the pastoral Second...
- Lauren35: Father, have you seen the logo for World Youth Day 2019 in Panama? Tell me THAT isn’ t hideous. This page explains the meanings behind everything , but I still can’ t “...
- ChesterFrank: here is the fashion show from the designer: http://wdt prs.com/bl og/2017/06 /another-h uge-reason -summorum- pontificum /
- ChesterFrank: Someone gave reference to the vestment designer Haftina. I remember that name because I had seen it before. It was from a fashion show posted by Fr. Z on this blog! Unbelievab le...
- Fr. Kelly: I highly recommend this Apostolate to all who are willing to take it on. Actually, in my parish 14 ladies stepped up to take me on in prayer, two for each day, since we are a rural...
- Fr. Kelly: I just spent some time looking at Irish Christian uses of the triskelion . The spiral goes either direction (to the right or to the left) but the three spirals are always tied toget...
- ChesterFrank: To add to the confusion here is one that describes the Shinto Trinity: http://www .nihonbunk a.com/shin to/trinity .htm Its not uncommon for identical symbols to have differ...
- Elizabeth D: To anyone else thinking about doing this, it seems like it will be easy to put together, I emailed 16 women friends this afternoon and already have 2 affirmativ e replies and one...
- oldCatholigirl: This is a really practical suggestion . I hope a lot of the bishops, if not all, heed it. Exorcisms would trump commission s, committees , apologies (at least in the modern sense);...
- Spinmamma: Very sorry to learn that the triskele has been stolen, and ruined, by the sexual perverts. (Can’ ;t they make up their own, original symbols if they must have one?) It has been seen...
- e.e.: St. Michael the archangel, defend us. …If Card. Wuerl has now backed out of attending, perhaps we can continue to pray that certain other attendees might withdraw and the vestme...
- bartlep: I’m still waiting to see a letter written by my bishop, Bp. McElroy. Since he totally ignored a letter written to him by A.W. Snipe on the state of priestly celibacy, he may be...
- Benedict Joseph: Like I said the other day about something else… ;stuck on stupid. The rich tradition of centuries of liturgical vestments and they come up with this crap. And that is what is....
- maternalView: Whatever it means the vestments are ugly. Why can’ t we have the beautiful? Why don’ t “the y” want us to have the it? I want the good, the true and the...
- Wendy Babiak: No, Satan̵ 7;s not hiding his tail… ;he’ s wearing assless chaps! This is all quite gross. I confess that in my heart of hearts sometimes I thank God that we were...
- PostCatholic: I thought as I began to read this article that the objection was going to be to a pre-Christ ian symbol being used for a Christian purpose. I’ve never seen a BDSM flag a-wav...
- maternalView: @mulieribu s Yes, Catholic weddings have become so very complicate d. And it used to be I could easily determine if I could go based on the venue̵ 1; not in a Catholic church then...
- joekstl: I would suggest that you seek out the letter of Bishop Frank Caggiano of Albany ( a son of Brooklyn, NY- my home Diocese). It is excellent and closes with s prayer to the great Mother of...
- Gab: It still looks like “666 ” to me.
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: More: Hi Father, Thank you for this very brave post. You are quite right about this. One point that adds to what you say is made by this FSSP priest in his sermon (31 mins):...
- Fallibilissimo: I don’ t know about you guys but after the roller-coa ster of emotions of the past few weeks, I feel like a fresh yet ancient wind is blowing on our shores. Yes, I have no...
- Joy65: What the HECK is going on IS that satan is laughing his head off. he doesn̵ 7;t even have to work hard because we are just letting him walk right in and take over. WHO IN THEIR “...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- URGENT: HIDEOUS about SYMBOL on pastel vestments for World Meeting of Families in Dublin @WMOF2018
- Letter of @BishopMorlino of @MadisonDiocese concerning the present crisis
- WDTPRS – 20th Ordinary Sunday: invisible love, pulsing with longing
- Terrific movement of prayer for priests: Seven Sisters Apostolate
- Archbp. Cordileone’s Letter to the people of @ArchdioceseSF Fr. Z kudos and a mini-rant.
- Wherein Fr. Z offers one of the hardest posts he has ever written – UPDATED WITH YOUR COMMENTS
- PROPOSAL to all the Bishops of these USA for your November 2018 Meeting
- Card. Burke interviewed by Raymond Arroyo. The Cardinal’s advice.
- Insightful observation about Pope Francis – UPDATES!
- ASK FATHER: Lethal force against homosexual aggression in seminary?
- Search within the text for the word “reparation”. Zero.
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to a wedding at an SSPX chapel?
- Yeahhh… this is exactly the right time to dress our clergy in pastels.
- The Rite of Degradation From The Order of Priesthood. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fr Z calls for solidarity
- The PA Grand Jury Report
- AN OPEN APPEAL TO THE CARDINALS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
- ASK FATHER: Your questions weigh heavily
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: “I now have doubt about sorting the doctrinal from the papal opinion.” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- ASK FATHER: Faithful, active women religious. Where to go?
- St. Maximilian Kolbe, priest, martyr, ham radio operator, intercede for dissident ‘c’atholic media!
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Beans in a bottle, and Beans in a bubble.
- A Tale of Two Churches
- Your Good News – Mass for Benefactors
- Non-Catholics and Catholics alike wonder about changes to CCC 2276 on death penalty
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – UPDATE: Photos of seminarians Solemn Mass
- PODCAzT 165: Liturgical battles lost and won… and lost; don Camillo (Part X)
- Super creepy poster for “gay” conference reveals agenda
- Controversy over the Holy Father’s substitution of CCC 2267 continues.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Category Archives: Global Killer Asteroid Questions
It’s 8:08 Saturday morning. You’ve slept in on a day off. Your phone has awakened you with a PING. With a measure of resentment you check The Precious™ for its message.
You read it once. And again. And – with the … Continue reading
For some days now I have been avoiding watching news and news commentary shows, etc. So, through a look at my Twitter feed earlier today, I learned of the horrifying events in Las Vegas.
The usual hysteria is now pouring forth … Continue reading
There was a big earthquake.
From Japan Times:
Magnitude-7 quake sends tsunami toward Kyushu; Sendai atomic plant checking for damage
A powerful 7.0-magnitude earthquake off Kyushu early Saturday produced small tsunami but no major damage, authorities said.
The U.S. Geological Survey said the epicenter … Continue reading
We don’t know the time or place, but we will on day die and face our Judge.
I saw this at NASA after a priest friend alerted me to it. He went to confession … I’m just sayin’.
At Express I saw this:
Shock as … Continue reading
Did you see this?
I want you to get your heads into a mental place where, in an economic collapse or some other kind of catastrophic situation, wheat flour and wine are scarce.
Sometimes when I write in a dystopian way about … Continue reading
Since Sunday a series of Earth-directed CME’s have created Aurora Borealis visible as far South in these USA as, I hear, Arkansas! I know I will go out to look.
Tonight, get out there if you have good viewing conditions, and look … Continue reading
Our Lord promised that, in the end, the gates of Hell would not prevail.
He did not promise that they would not prevail where you live.
They may indeed prevail in these USA, or in Europe.
One way in which they can prevail is … Continue reading
I’m coming up for air and finally turning attention to stuff going on in the world (other than Church stuff).
I have caught up a bit about the horrible challenges that many are experiencing in Texas, due to rains and flooding.
Some … Continue reading
On 4 April we will see the THIRD BLOOD MOON OF THE TETRAD!
In time for the Vigil.
The next total lunar eclipse, the 4th Blood moon of the Tetrad, will be 28 September.
Four BLOOD MOONS in ONE TETRAD.
But wait… there’s more… … Continue reading
A headline that makes my blood run cold, even as one can marvel at the sights in the heavens.
CME IMPACT, SEVERE GEOMAGNETIC STORM: Arriving earlier than expected, a CME [Coronal Mass Ejection] hit Earth’s magnetic field on March 17th at … Continue reading
Folks, I hate to break it to you like this, but your Earth’s yellow Sun has a filament.
A really big filament.
This is one of the longest filaments recorded. The description of it involves phrases like: ” spiraling magnetic field … Continue reading
The other night I got an email from the vampire-like health insurance company Anthem telling me that (in exchange for the large amount of money I pay them every month) they were hacked and tens of millions of people’s records … Continue reading
I write once in a while about being prepared for emergencies. You never know when something is going to happen and you will need to scramble to protect your family and friends. We all have an obligation to be prepared … Continue reading
… until it’s you.
We don’t know what problems will crop up. We don’t know when “the big one” will happen.
GO TO CONFESSION.
Today an earthquake shook the Napa region north of San Francisco. Yes, wine country.
I checked a seismological map to … Continue reading