You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- BLB Oregon said Our new archbishop, while he was bishop of Marquet...
- Hank Igitur said Some EF priests won’t allow married men to s...
- ReginaMarie said Fr. Martin, True. Thank you. My prayer is that th...
- robtbrown said Mighty, Mighty, Deaconite.
- Venerator Sti Lot said Dear Imrahil, There are various places where Latin...
- Fr Martin Fox said Regina: I realize that, and I did not mean to call...
- ReginaMarie said Fr Martin Fox, True, the Church does not permit pr...
- MWindsor said I was an enlisted man in the Coast Guard. A couple...
- OrthodoxChick said Thanks Ted, I’m reading conflicting things a...
- Cantor said We are blessed to have two permanent deacons in ou...
- Dr. Edward Peters said “Deaconite? Deaconite?” Must. Resist....
- Singing Mum said Excellent post. Inspiring! This day of Pentecost a...
- Ted said OrthodoxChick: Just for your information, I have c...
- Random Friar said As former military, allow me to add my two cents....
- frjim4321 said OrthChick – - - Yes, http://www.crucial.com...
- Hank Igitur said April 1 has already passed by for this year, no?
- Random Friar said Yes, St. Francis was indeed a deacon. It seems he...
- Imrahil said Dear @Tom in NY, thank you for your kind answer. A...
- ray from mn said Some time ago, I heard or read that one of the dut...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Giuseppe, Many thanks! It seems very clear and use...
- PReagan said Thank you, Father! I was going to tell you about t...
- Giuseppe said Boston’s Deaconess Hospital (now merged with...
- OrthodoxChick said Ted, Thank you for the advice. It’s not an...
- Christopher said Jabba: 1)Bad RAM will frequently let you boot your...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said P.S. Celibacy was dropped as a requirement for Lut...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said Chris Garton-Zavesky, Yes, as mentioned above, a h...
- Muv said Is the pretty half of a Deaconite couple a Deacone...
- robtbrown said spencer says: As a permanent deacon (and I really...
- Andrew said Pater Z: Nesciebam “ordiri” textrinae esse propriu...
- Ted said OrthodoxChick: Sounds very much like the motherbo...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
- Of flower petals, firefighters, dedication, and holes in the roof
- Pope Francis canonizes the Martyrs of Otranto, slain by Islamic invaders
- Beati qui…
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Category Archives: Global Killer Asteroid Questions
The SOPA and PIPA plague continues.
Did you all see that Wikipedia is “blocked” today?
I used that page (above) and called the offices of my representative and both senators.
I suggest that you take less than five minutes to call your representative … Continue reading
Today I read in The Examiner that the SOPA bill was killed in the House of Representatives. I understand that the Senate version, PIPA, is still alive. It is interesting to see the list of sponsors (by far mostly Democrats) … Continue reading
Bl. Carl Lampert: ” ‘I love my Church. I remain faithful to my Church and to the priesthood. I am on Christ’s side and I love His Church.”
I had determined last year that this year I would during Advent read a book Advent of the Heart, reflections by a priest who died in Dachau, Fr. Alfred Delp – a fellow Lutheran convert. (Kindle version. UK book.) Remember: … Continue reading
Something odd happened today. I watch very little TV during the day but sometimes if I am making lunch or doing something in the kitchen I switch it on to see if something interesting is going on.
As I watched, this … Continue reading
CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla (Reuters) – A huge asteroid will pass closer to Earth than the moon Tuesday, giving scientists a rare chance for study without having to go through the time and expense of launching a probe, officials said.
Earth’s … Continue reading
I am always dismayed when I see that a new bishop dumbs-down his coat-of-arms, or stemma as it is called in Italian, with a modern language motto. Of course I and some jocular priest friends suggested some less-often-considered mottos here.
Any … Continue reading
Firstly, as I reported before there is a huge piece of flaming hurtling death-inflicting space junk falling to earth even as I write. I calmly explained the facts here in my post entitled “RUN! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! FALLING BURNING … Continue reading
From Space Weather:
RE-ENTRY ALERT: NASA reports that UARS, an atmospheric research satellite the size of a small bus, will re-enter Earth’s atmosphere on Sept. 23rd plus or minus one day. [AAHHHG! We don’t even know WHEN we’re ALL GOING TO … Continue reading
I am reading Mark Steyn’s brilliant After America: Get Ready for Armageddon.
USA book click here.
USA Kindle book click here. (Text-to-Speech enabled)
UK book click here. UK doesn’t have a separate Kindle version yet.
Readers in the USA, this is a good book. … Continue reading
Implications of Obama Administration’s move to force Catholic hospitals to provide “contraception” and sterilizations
A few days ago in the Minneapolis Star-Tribune Fr. Peter Laird, Vicar General of the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, had a good piece about the mandate from the Obama Administration (HHS) requiring that “contraception” and sterilizations be paid … Continue reading