It’s BLACK FRIDAY and people are saving a lot today. Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Siculum said Father, I tried asking the following through the e...
- Kathleen10 said Hey there Grumpy Beggar, Happy Thanksgiving. Ge...
- Sonshine135 said Looks like the perfect stocking for some ammo! [Fr...
- Kirk O said Pnkn says: 27 November 2014 at 5:53 pm I read: ” E...
- Joe in Canada said How sad the world must be in which the author live...
- Sonshine135 said It is truly sad how people today have fallen into...
- Landless Laborer said The price of food commodities is intentionally dis...
- The Masked Chicken said I have very little to add to the comments, seeing...
- Venerator Sti Lot said With apologies: “misled” not “mi
- robtbrown said Egyptian says, Our ag policies and the socialist t...
- Venerator Sti Lot said FPhilip, Thank you for the additional commentary r...
- robtbrown said IMHO, a good rule for the Pope to follow in econom...
- The Egyptian said Thank all of you, you humble me with your undeserv...
- FPhilip said Venerator Sti Lot, The commentaries of the Navare...
- Grumpy Beggar said Kathleen10 says: 25 November 2014 at 11:21 am Gr...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Joy of the remaining hours of Thanksgiving to all...
- RJHighland said On this day of Thanksgiving, I would like to thank...
- JoseTomas said BTW, at the book signing, I dared to suggest him t...
- JoseTomas said Off Topic: I am just out of the conference deliver...
- Suburbanbanshee said I consulted my mom, whose aunt was a nun who acted...
- Suburbanbanshee said Vatican.va doesn’t seem to have the text of...
- robtbrown said Traductora says, But unfortunately, this current...
- Maeana said Bishop Finn is a bishop that any diocese would be...
- yatzer said Thanks, Padre, and happy Thanksgiving.
- Pnkn said I read: ” Every person reading this should h...
- IoannesPetrus said Near-belated greetings and good wishes to you, Fat...
- Traductora said Phil_NL, Good point. As for dignity, the thing tha...
- Netmilsmom said why can’t I live in Wisconsin?
- Riki said Happy Thanksgiving to all the true followers of th...
- arickett said Hello again Sorry it has take so long for me to re...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Let it snow, let it snow, let it snooooow!
- Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV, loser) v. Card. Burke (Elector, classy)
- Your Good News?
- Of Prayers of Thanks and for the Nation
- Does Pope Francis get what it takes to feed the poor as he calls for?
- Have yourself a tactical little Christmas!
- ASK FATHER: Summorum Pontificum, Art. 4 – “observing all the norms of law”
- REMINDER: CD of music for Advent by the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles
- Turning to the East in the Diocese of Lincoln – UPDATED
- Singing Nuns defend Embattled Bishop
- Kudos to Sacred Heart in Cincinnati!
- I missed “STIR UP SUNDAY”! But it’s not too late.
- Registration error: Wherein Fr. Z screwed up!
- Pope Francis: “Europe is now a “grandmother”, no longer fertile and vibrant”
- ASK FATHER: Waxed linen altar cloths
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- New Prefect of Divine Worship and Discipline of the Sacraments
- Curial reshuffling to take place?
- Anti-Christian group’s founder arrested
- MIAMI: TLMs bringing in young people
- My View For Awhile: Allons Y Edition
- Paris – Day 7: Shells and bones
- Five Cardinals Book™ will defend marriage in several more languages!
- Bill Murray and the Traditional Latin Mass
- What Fr. Z really said when interviewed by Adam Shaw of Fox News
- “Yeu arr teking zee pheud pheuteaux wit yeur zmarty pheun!”
- Prayers and help for Fr. Kirby of Silverstream Priory
- PARIS – Day 6: La chasse and prayers and shells
- WDTPRS – Christ the King (2002MR): elements will be dissolved with fire, the earth will be burned up
- Now is the time! Romanorum coetibus!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: GO TO CONFESSION
Fr. Z kudos to the Archbp. of San Antonio.
From the Express-News:
Confessions to be heard for 24 hours at downtown church
SAN ANTONIO — The sacrament of confession will be offered for 24 hours straight by a team of priests and San … Continue reading
“Pastoral charity”… note the phrase!
His Eminence, Raymond Card. Burke, gave an interview to Polonia Christiana magazine. Lifesite rendered it into English HERE.
In one of his responses, the Cardinal said:
In the case of a politician or other public figure who acts against the … Continue reading
From a Chinese reader who asks for help:
I am a Chinese Catholic and many of our prayers are translations from some original Latin edition.
One of the most beautiful is the traditional Act of Contrition which is still commonly used in … Continue reading
From a reader…
Is it a mortal sin if one accidentally lies in Confession about a venial sin?
You cannot “accidentally” lie. A lie is a deliberate distortion of the truth. It cannot be an accident. People can makes mistakes, say things that … Continue reading
Pope Francis talks about going to confession. He talks about confession a lot. As a matter of fact, he talks about more than his predecessors did.
Now comes this.
Vatican City, Mar 23, 2014 / 06:38 am (CNA).- During his Sunday … Continue reading
Today is Shrove Tuesday, a day upon which many would seek to be “shriven” before the beginning of Lent. In other words GO TO CONFESSION!
It is “Fat Tuesday”. When the discipline of Lent was more serious in the Latin … Continue reading
From a reader:
What items should a Catholic include in a bug out bag [BOB] besides the usual survival gear?
What does a Priest’s bug out bag look like? I would assume supplies to administer the sacraments in an emergency.
Good question. I … Continue reading
What is it I have been shouting?
Pope: Be courageous, go to confession
Vatican City, Feb 19, 2014 / 04:57 am (CNA).- During his Wednesday audience, Pope Francis encouraged the pilgrims filling St. Peter’s Square to receive the sacrament of reconciliation. … Continue reading
The Canonical Defender is back! Canonist Ed Peters has taken it on himself to correct a few of the myriad – and I suggest purposeful – errors/lies in John Cornwell’s new anti-Catholic hit job.
Remember how Cornwell distorted the record about … Continue reading
From a reader…
Why is absolution from an Orthodox priest valid but absolution from an SSPX priest invalid? I was told by someone that this is one argument from the SSPX as to why their Confessions are valid.
This won’t satisfy some … Continue reading