Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Ave Maria: There has been almost uncountabl e “all eged” ; words from the pontiff that are not in accord with Magisteria l teachings. Why are no denials or clarificat ions forthcomin g?...
- Antonin: I don’ t think anyone can seriously doubt that the Pope said what was reported. Fits the general pattern. But this young man is confused and the guilt for that belongs to the vile...
- teomatteo: A private conversati on with a victim should remain such.
- Peter Stuart: Alleged my foot. If this pope wants to say something straight up, he can do it any time. But no, he deliberate ly distorts and twists words and insults Catholics. I have 0% doubt that...
- aquinasadmirer: Fr Simon, of Relevant Radio, had this to say on the word gay… “Gay ? he’s not even in a good mood!̶ 1;
- robtbrown: Surriter, The General Instructio n of the Roman Missal, found in the first pages, refers to the Octaves of Christmas and Easter. It makes no mention of an Octave of Pentecost.
- Gregg the Obscure: I would add the words of St. Paul “Who , having known the justice of God, did not understand that they who do such things, are worthy of death; and not only they that do...
- Suburbanbanshee: Actually, Dave Filoni rescued Chewbacca& #8217;s original design (as he has done with a lot of the old Ralph McQuarrie concept art), and used it for the character Zeb, in the Star...
- Suburbanbanshee: Since the 16th century or so, there was a secondary use of the word gay to mean basically “fre e with sexual favorsR 21;, and it referred to the French “gai eR...
- karmato: Tip of the old cubs cap to you… . Alas a 10 – 1 loss tonight at the hands of the Indians. But at least it was not 20 degrees at game time.
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): Those devastated houses: what happens everywhere the left runs things.
- comedyeye: I doubt we will ever hear this kind of catechesis in a homily. Probably because there is no parable of Jesus and the gay man. Thank you for making clear what few clergy preach.
- Orlando: It’s time we all realize the pope knows exactly what he’s doing , whether it’s informal, off the cuff or on airplane 8230;he is changing in a very fundamenta l way what the Church has...
- Curate: Very well said. The obvious implicatio n is that “If God made me to have same-sex attraction , then homosexual actions are fine.̶ 1; Suppose we were to grant that premise, it...
- cstei: I am going to Gammarelli ’s on Monday I can’ t wait.
- maternalView: I believe that the key to exposing the agenda of the homosexual culture is to smash that false narrative that people are born “gay ” and instead are actually making a...
- maternalView: @Lorra But prayer and fasting can be done in any diocese And perhaps is needed even more in the less friendly dioceses
- Jenson71: Johnny Evers was an active Knight of Columbus and helped out with them in some capacity during WWI.
- Jenson71: One flaw in the beaver analogy is that no one is attempting to criminaliz e the beaver’s disorder, use it against him to engage in sexual acts (as the priests apparently did to the man...
- jhayes: Benedict Joseph, the 1994 Catechism issued by John-Paul II introduced a clear distinctio n between homosexual inclinatio n and homosexual acts. There was only one Pope (Benedict) between...
- NBW: AMEN! Thank you Fr. Z.!
- surritter: @robtbrown … I was in no way thinking of the Mass, whose changes were approved of Paul VI, and are certainly the law of the Church. I was actually thinking of today, when it̵...
- VP: Pardon the metaphor, but the curator and you each made a great catch on the “Tin ker to Evers to ChanceR 21; layout. Chicago beat the Giants that day; that double play was one of the...
- RichR: Very straightfo rward and clear explanatio n. This is why Catholics come to this blog. Bless you, FrZ.
- JARay: I too hate the use of the word “gay ” to mean homosexual . I grew up knowing the word “gay ” to mean a happy cheerful person. There used to be a song which began...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Canadian Jesuit Archbp. Prendergast comments on crazy German bishops’ scheme
- Pope’s words about God making someone “gay”
- Some cool stuff, old and new, in Rome and Detroit
- @Card_R_Sarah terrific sermon for Pentecost and pilgrimage
- A Bishop calls on his brother Bishops to celebrate the Traditional Pontifical Mass, TLM
- “I originally sent you this story 8 years ago, for the brick by brick file…” UPDATE
- “Where there is no temple there shall be no homes.”
- Pastor Iuventus on the appalling Met “Gay-la”
- Chilling – probably correct – explanation of mass school shootings
- A Pentecost Monday lesson: “And Paul VI wept.”
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Sunday: that strong stable edge
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- BACK IN PRINT! The Heresy of Formlessness
- My View For Awhile: Creston Edition
- “I used to think hosts found on floors was Traditional Catholic hyperbole…”
- Monday after Pentecost: Memorial of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of the Church – TEXTS
- Bp. Schneider’s terrific talk in Rome – ACTION ITEM!
- ASK FATHER: As a lay woman, should I have a “Mass kit” in my “Bug Out Bag”?
- @JamesMartinSJ can also amuse
- I have bad news and good news: Scouts and Troops
- Darío Card. Castrillón Hoyos, former Pres. of the Pont. Comm. “Ecclesia Dei” – RIP
- Bp. Schneider on the Met “Gay-la”
- BOOKS RECEIVED: Peter Kreeft and 2018 Ignatius Pew Missal
- VIDEOS: Lessons in how properly to fold a cassock
- VIDEO: Military pilgrimage to Lourdes
- Fascinating and sad: transcript of 1976 meeting of Paul VI and SSPX Archbp. Lefebvre
- A light TEOTWAWKI moment
- @ArchbishpSample to make liturgical changes in the @archpdx
- “The Council that might have been…” but wasn’t.
- INTERNET PRAYER UPDATE: MALAYALAM
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Category Archives: GO TO CONFESSION
From a reader…
EWTN is reporting that the Australian government is trying to make priests mandatory reporters for child abuse, by requiring them to report what they hear in confession. While this is, obviously, a direct assault on the sacrament, it’s … Continue reading
From a reader…
I have two questions about c. 977, which bars a priest from absolving an accomplice in sins against the sixth commandment of the Decalogue except in danger of death (on pain of excommunication, per c. 1378).
First, is the … Continue reading
Benedict XVI sent a message for the funeral of the late Joachim Card. Meisner, emeritus of Cologne. For the German, HERE
His words include:
Was mich an den letzten Gesprächen mit dem heimgegangenen Kardinal besonders beeindruckt hat, war die gelöste Heiterkeit, die … Continue reading
Today is the 100th anniversary of Our Lady’s appearance at Fatima to the three seers on 13 July.
The father of Jacinta and Francisco said that when the 13 July apparition began, a small grayish cloud hovered over the holm oak … Continue reading
ASK FATHER: Corruption, sodomy, drugs, infidelity… How can we trust anything from Rome? Wherein Fr. Z rants.
Feedback from a reader…
In a recent post, you respond to a question about the distress that is caused by the latest homosexual scandal in the Vatican. You pointed out that the enemy will attack, “in particular,” those who have influence over others. Among … Continue reading
It seems there is a video going about of Card. Woelki reading from the will of the late Joachim Card. Meisner (most recently known as one of the Four Cardinals of the Five Dubia).
Like everyone, I do not know the hour … Continue reading
From a reader…
I recently went to confession in one of those open style baroque confessionals. Afterwards, I found someone directly outside the confessional (where she would have heard what was said by both parties).
I confronted her about it, but she … Continue reading
So that you don’t miss it, I provide below an explanation of the Holy Father’s oft cited and puzzling maxim “time is greater than space”. Don’t miss it.
A young writer at the increasingly helpful – and descriptive – Crisis in a new … Continue reading
From a reader…
I went to confession at a nearby parish recently. This is the first time I’ve done confession with this particular priest. Obviously in a hurry to keep the confession line moving as quickly as possible, [bless him] the priest, rather than … Continue reading