Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- MikeM said Their K-Cups are good. I gave away my Keurig mach...
- Patti Day said Giuseppi: Lucifer and his followers made their one...
- Mike said spock says: . . . I cited my inability to quickly...
- Sconnius said You may need facebook to see this, but it’s...
- Sconnius said Father, should you happen to have Netflix, “...
- Patti Day said This is as much as I have heard about this sordid...
- Elizabeth D said another movie about Catholics sheltering Jewish pe...
- Elizabeth D said I hope you put a review of “Amen” on A...
- iPadre said I have used the exorcism for places. Most times th...
- Thorfinn said At least there were no obviously Satanic acts repo...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Episcopus verus, et pater omnibus.
- acricketchirps said Susan Peterson, Pride is a snake of the worst sort...
- Dcn D said Kasper is proclaiming a different Gospel. “I...
- RAve said This is very sad. The cardinal is teaching gross a...
- robtbrown said My guess is that there a few things in play here:...
- av8er said Just to clarify, He isn’t present because ...
- av8er said I would add this to all. What would you do if Chr...
- John said For my morning prayers, I always say the Guardian...
- Siculum said Hey, Sonshine. Thanks, the priest I know with a *...
- AnAmericanMother said I can’t remember who said that angels say, &...
- mburduck said I, too, must endorse Rychlak’s fine book. Fu...
- Giuseppe said “Provided that it falls within God’s will, f...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Fr. Z, with respect to proofreading, commented, ...
- Bryan D. Boyle said Joe of St Thérèse said: “I’d much rather the...
- The Family Synod and Practical Atheism : Oriens said [...] Burke’s article on the integrity of marriage...
- Sonshine135 said Your article is timely Father. I was contemplating...
- Siculum said In these times, where fighting the good fight for...
- pberginjr said I haven’t read McCullough, but rather enjoye...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said May I also recommend Ralph McInerny’s book c...
- Sonshine135 said Sorry Father. The Pope has spoken, and you should...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Thanks to and Mass for benefactors
- OK CITY: Archbp. Coakley exorcised Civil Center after evil event
- More from ISIS and the Religion of Peace
- From whom demons withdraw in terror and pain
- What Fr. Z is watching and reading
- Posting comments here
- I still want that Veyron, but this was pretty spiffy.
- Of Latin oddities
- Pre-Order until 7 October 25% off – Book in defense of marriage, tradition
- I am not making up this coffee flavor!
- Scratching my head about the bishop in Paraguay
- Kneeless in Seattle
- FOLLOW UP: Good news on the Spanish Front! – Spanish TLMs in D. Raleigh a success!
- ¡Hagan lío! Taking HIM to the streets!
- Card. Kasper gives YET ANOTHER interview to America Magazine and an Argentinian daily
- Related issues?
- ASK FATHER: Biretta woes! Wherein Fr. Z offers wisdom.
- Dr. Peters on Sr. Walsh’s piece in America Magazine
- Nuns on the Bus: check out their ride!
- ATTENTION MEN: Pluscarden Abbey Monastic Experience Weekend
- The Feast of Angels
- OLDIE ASK FATHER: Eastern Subdeacon for Roman Solemn Mass? A Clerical Bedtime Story.
- Help the Transalpine Redemptorists!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: CQ CQ CQ … QSL?
- Bp. Conry (D. Arundel & Brighton) suddenly resigned. Fr. Z muses.
- Pondering Francis
- Malicious email from nefarious ne’er-do-wells
- Why “oikonomia” isn’t a solution for divorced and civilly remarried.
- WDTPRS 26th Ordinary Sunday – The Bowels of Mercy
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: Goat Rodeos
Via Todd Starnes:
Medical staff warned: Keep your mouths shut about illegal immigrants or face arrest
A government-contracted security force threatened to arrest doctors and nurses if they divulged any information about the contagion threat at a refugee camp housing illegal alien … Continue reading
Have the civil rights of any group (besides the unborn) been trampled by U.S. courts more than Catholic priests?
The Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis is being torn limb from limb by the hyper-liberal MSM in the Twin Cities.
There are some clerical abuse cases in the spotlight right now. It is a kind of perfect hideous storm. Homosexualists … Continue reading
Sometimes the truth is weirder than fiction.
I saw it first at Newsmax and hunted up the links.
On 30 December atheist editor of La Reppublica, Eugenio Scalfari, wrote in an editorial piece entitled ”La Rivoluzione di Francesco – Ha abolito il … Continue reading
Have you been following the goat rodeo in Brasil?
The government hiked transportation costs which will hit Los Pobres, who are also concerned about the costs of the World Cup next year. Response? Demonstrations, riots… you know… the new normal.
This in … Continue reading
The pesky, trouble-making canonist Ed Peters – I am glad he is on the side of the good, the true and beautiful, by the way – over at his site vivisects a priest.
After reading this, I made popcorn and then … Continue reading
Obama first approved ejecting God and Jerusalem from the party platform, and, after heat, got it changed later
The Catholic League has an interesting take on the Democrat Convention (DNC) and the reinsertion of God and Jerusalem into the party platform, and some information I didn’t know when I wrote about the topic HERE.
THE POLITICS OF GOD’S … Continue reading
I am torn between, on the one hand, pity for these men whose priesthood and ministry was tainted from the onset by bad formation and poor leadership and, on the other, contempt for them as arrogant quislings.
From Vatican Insider:
Germany: Catholic … Continue reading
Phil Lawler on CWN has a piece worthy of your attention today.
Here are some excerpts:
The betrayal of Father Guarnizo
By Phil Lawler
Bishop Knestout’s letter was entirely sympathetic to Johnson, entirely unsympathetic to Father Guarnizo. There was no hint that under … Continue reading
From Catholic World News:
Another Vatican PR blunder: cardinals’ bios from Wikipedia
In another embarrassing public-relations gaffe, when Pope Benedict XVI named 22 new cardinals, the Vatican released short biographies of the prelates that had been taken verbatim from Wikipedia without attribution.
Father … Continue reading
In the Star Tribune, ultra-liberal newspaper of my native place, there is an article about wywmwmnyprysts.
It is too long and dull for you, so here are some bits. Let’s have a look with my emphases and comments.
Female priests push Catholic boundaries
ROSE … Continue reading