"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- robtbrown said Venerator Sti Lot says: It does seem “a grand exa...
- robtbrown said Venerator Sti Lot, I intentionally used the word &...
- wanda said Prayers for your safe, smooth and quiet travels, F...
- SKAY said Have a safe trip home Father. Thank you for sharin...
- anniemw said Wow – considering that, barring sickness, wa...
- Supertradmum said opps changes not changed in last comment…
- Supertradmum said Those men look so young and were. God bless all wh...
- Supertradmum said There is a fancy restaurant here which has a Nutre...
- Venerator Sti Lot said robtbrown, It does seem “a grand example of...
- Venerator Sti Lot said robtbrown writes, “The SSPX is dreaming of s...
- Charles E Flynn said Have a safe trip, Father. The author of the book y...
- Toan said On 52, I wonder what a vote of “placet”...
- robtbrown said Venerator Sti Lot says: The Dutch Old Catholic web...
- Venerator Sti Lot said aviva meriam, Whew! The things one hasn’t he...
- robtbrown said Sid Cundiff in NC says, 1. The Paschal Mystery is...
- Charlie Cahill said Makes one wonder who is running affairs at the Vat...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said Have a safe and uneventful flight, Father! Be sure...
- The Masked Chicken said “Most polling I’ve seen shows that the youth...
- Liz said I love St. Peter’s at night! Prayers for a s...
- OdeM said @ Nomen. My observation and hypothesis. The priest...
- aviva meriam said Constantly Converting, I agree with you,…. e...
- Chiara said Father - When you travel overseas, Lufthansa is th...
- SophiaGrace said Prayers for safe, uneventful travels, Father. And...
- JonPatrick said It is my impression that “headcounts”...
- Gratias said Welcome back Father Z, we really need you. Yesterd...
- Urs said ‘What kind of god….?’(little g n...
- Clinton said “BTW … it sure took a long time to get...
- katholos said Frjim, I have attended the weekday Divine Liturgy...
- Venerator Sti Lot said acardnal, Thank you for the link! 22 November will...
- KateD said Here’s a video of college kids signing a a p...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ACTION ITEM! All Souls’ Day Indulgences.
- My View For Awhile – Heading Home Edition
- Final Report of the recent Synod now available in English
- VIDEO: WWII – Shipboard Mass – 12 Feb 1945 before Iwo Jima
- Rome – Day 10: Last Day
- ASK FATHER: Donations for confessions
- ASK FATHER: All Souls Sunday – Gloria? Creed? What does the ‘Universal Ordo’ really say?
- Card. George on liturgical translation
- Coming to a neighborhood near you?
- Rome – Day 9: Caravaggio and Tramezzini and Uccelli
- Juxtaposition for your consideration
- ASK FATHER: How to support young priest whose pastor doesn’t want the TLM?
- Cybersecurity Threat Lurking On Your Phone
- ASK FATHER: Can a godparent marry a godchild? Confirmation sponsor a confirmand?
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio stuff
- Wymyn At Wyrk. “Priestesses” doing their thing. Hijinx ensues.
- Pondering Francis: Part II
- Rome – Day 8: INTESTINES!
- Pope Francis: “the family is being bastardized”
- ASK FATHER: Gloria and Creed for All Souls on Sunday?
- UPDATE: Did Card. Burke criticize Pope Francis? (Of course not, but the lexically challenged might not get that.)
- Explaining Burke Derangement Syndrome
- Not just new sins, but new categories of sins!
- Just Too Cool: Vatican Library manuscripts digitized, online
- Italian bishop forbids people to receive sacraments from SSPX
- Rome – Day 7: Umbrian Edition
- VIDEO: must watch! No. Really!
- Pope Francis doesn’t have to “break the Church”
- WDTPRS: Christ the King (1962MR) – “no hugs and fluffy lambs”
- Rome – Day 6: “FALL BACK!” Edition – REQUEST FOR PRAYERS
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: Goat Rodeos
I have been pushing the so-called “Five Cardinals Book” from Ignatius Press called Remaining in the Truth of Christ: Marriage and Communion in the Catholic Church.
This is an important book. More about it HERE
Ignatius Press’s handling of the release of this … Continue reading
Via Todd Starnes:
Medical staff warned: Keep your mouths shut about illegal immigrants or face arrest
A government-contracted security force threatened to arrest doctors and nurses if they divulged any information about the contagion threat at a refugee camp housing illegal alien … Continue reading
Have the civil rights of any group (besides the unborn) been trampled by U.S. courts more than Catholic priests?
The Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis is being torn limb from limb by the hyper-liberal MSM in the Twin Cities.
There are some clerical abuse cases in the spotlight right now. It is a kind of perfect hideous storm. Homosexualists … Continue reading
Sometimes the truth is weirder than fiction.
I saw it first at Newsmax and hunted up the links.
On 30 December atheist editor of La Reppublica, Eugenio Scalfari, wrote in an editorial piece entitled ”La Rivoluzione di Francesco – Ha abolito il … Continue reading
Have you been following the goat rodeo in Brasil?
The government hiked transportation costs which will hit Los Pobres, who are also concerned about the costs of the World Cup next year. Response? Demonstrations, riots… you know… the new normal.
This in … Continue reading
The pesky, trouble-making canonist Ed Peters – I am glad he is on the side of the good, the true and beautiful, by the way – over at his site vivisects a priest.
After reading this, I made popcorn and then … Continue reading
Obama first approved ejecting God and Jerusalem from the party platform, and, after heat, got it changed later
The Catholic League has an interesting take on the Democrat Convention (DNC) and the reinsertion of God and Jerusalem into the party platform, and some information I didn’t know when I wrote about the topic HERE.
THE POLITICS OF GOD’S … Continue reading
I am torn between, on the one hand, pity for these men whose priesthood and ministry was tainted from the onset by bad formation and poor leadership and, on the other, contempt for them as arrogant quislings.
From Vatican Insider:
Germany: Catholic … Continue reading
Phil Lawler on CWN has a piece worthy of your attention today.
Here are some excerpts:
The betrayal of Father Guarnizo
By Phil Lawler
Bishop Knestout’s letter was entirely sympathetic to Johnson, entirely unsympathetic to Father Guarnizo. There was no hint that under … Continue reading
From Catholic World News:
Another Vatican PR blunder: cardinals’ bios from Wikipedia
In another embarrassing public-relations gaffe, when Pope Benedict XVI named 22 new cardinals, the Vatican released short biographies of the prelates that had been taken verbatim from Wikipedia without attribution.
Father … Continue reading