- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- RafqasRoad said Firstly, I give thanks to god that our move to th...
- Luvadoxi said Ch..ch…ch….chia! Bwaaaahhhaa! I do li...
- Luvadoxi said I have to say I love all the Budweiser commercials...
- Luvadoxi said Worst commercial ever: the original T-mobile musi...
- Priam1184 said Bought a calendar and am thinking of paying them a...
- acardnal said Folks, you haven’t seen me on the blog for a...
- ghladum said Worst part about the Act so far is that my dad (63...
- Diane at Te Deum Laudamus said My thoughts turned to Pope Francis. He too is a pr...
- JohnE said Some who have been in my heart and prayers lately:...
- Terentia said I’m pretty sure my employer provided insuran...
- Moro said The problem is not just the annoying commercials,...
- Maldon said Hello Father, Thank you very much for this. First...
- Mandy P. said Not a TV fan. I will let my kids watch Tranformers...
- birdie said Thud, that’s the sound of my head banging ag...
- Joe in Canada said The GIRM does have instructions for the laity at t...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said skvie5738 says: I could eat 5 bowls of it in a row...
- skvie5738 said I’ve been making this exact same recipe for...
- teejay329 said Everyone…please consider purchasing a calend...
- Tamquam said I listen through the plug in on the blog. I very...
- The Masked Chicken said I remember, vividly, the day I finally decided to...
- CatholicLiving said Your soup looks delicious, Fr Z! I made one last w...
- Priam1184 said That is why so much effort has been put into reduc...
- McCall1981 said Such a powerful quote from Card. George. I canR...
- Priam1184 said Lol sorry Father I make a habit of taking only wha...
- The Masked Chicken said “Hey, TMC, good to see you still knocking ab...
- RobW said Lol…I just read my mother this piece, she sa...
- de_cupertino said You don’t have any poll options for those of...
- robtbrown said Hans wrote, In a fit of humor, robtbrown wrote:...
- kevinm said I have just prayed for the intentions here, and I...
- OrthodoxChick said Wow! You folks are inspiring. We’re t.v. a...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- QUAERITUR: Maniple on straw-subdeacon?
- TIME SENSITIVE ACTION ITEM! Defend 2nd Amendment against Pres. Obama and UN Arms Treaty!
- On fear of the priest
- Another state bans abortion in Obamacare plans
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1st Year Anniversary of @Pontifex
- ACTION ITEM! The Benedictine Monks of Norcia: great end of year donation option!
- ADVENTCAzT 12: 2nd Thursday of Advent – “The ‘type’ of the manly vocation”
- Seriously annoying
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Lentil Soup 1
- TIME and Pope Francis – POY
- QUAERITUR: Geneflecting for Communion in 3rd trimester
- QUAERITUR: Genuflections during the Novus Ordo Creed
- ADVENTCAzT 11: 2nd Wednesday of Advent – “Stir up our hearts, O Lord”
- Michael Coren on Popes who condemn “unfettered” capitalism
- A prayer for vocations
- Of GI bones and Combat Rosaries and a 90 year burial delayed
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Category Archives: Goat Rodeos
Have you been following the goat rodeo in Brasil?
The government hiked transportation costs which will hit Los Pobres, who are also concerned about the costs of the World Cup next year. Response? Demonstrations, riots… you know… the new normal.
This in … Continue reading
The pesky, trouble-making canonist Ed Peters – I am glad he is on the side of the good, the true and beautiful, by the way – over at his site vivisects a priest.
After reading this, I made popcorn and then … Continue reading
Obama first approved ejecting God and Jerusalem from the party platform, and, after heat, got it changed later
The Catholic League has an interesting take on the Democrat Convention (DNC) and the reinsertion of God and Jerusalem into the party platform, and some information I didn’t know when I wrote about the topic HERE.
THE POLITICS OF GOD’S … Continue reading
I am torn between, on the one hand, pity for these men whose priesthood and ministry was tainted from the onset by bad formation and poor leadership and, on the other, contempt for them as arrogant quislings.
From Vatican Insider:
Germany: Catholic … Continue reading
Phil Lawler on CWN has a piece worthy of your attention today.
Here are some excerpts:
The betrayal of Father Guarnizo
By Phil Lawler
Bishop Knestout’s letter was entirely sympathetic to Johnson, entirely unsympathetic to Father Guarnizo. There was no hint that under … Continue reading
From Catholic World News:
Another Vatican PR blunder: cardinals’ bios from Wikipedia
In another embarrassing public-relations gaffe, when Pope Benedict XVI named 22 new cardinals, the Vatican released short biographies of the prelates that had been taken verbatim from Wikipedia without attribution.
Father … Continue reading
In the Star Tribune, ultra-liberal newspaper of my native place, there is an article about wywmwmnyprysts.
It is too long and dull for you, so here are some bits. Let’s have a look with my emphases and comments.
Female priests push Catholic boundaries
ROSE … Continue reading