HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- jaykay: Atra Dicenda: traditiona l Monks, traditiona l beer and, as if those two were not enough: traditiona l dogs- https://ro rate-caeli .blogspot. com/2019/0 3/support- rebuilding -of-nor...
- CanukFrank: Started today. Currently fasting (as per current Church guidelines ; 2 small ‘snacks’ + 1 main meal) on Weds (for my son) and fasting and abstaining on Fridays for “Special Intentions ”...
- Hidden One: Early this morning I stepped into a church. I picked out a pew and knelt there. My smartphone , on silent, remained untroubled in my pocket. Kneeling there, in limited light, I had no...
- Unwilling: ipocrisia clericale “cle ricalism 8221; honestum cum virtute convertitu r ST ii-ii 145
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: I’ve been meaning to subscribe for a while and finally have the money. I think you convinced me.
- Fuerza: It’s probably not the same thing and I’m not making any judgment on anyone, but this immediatel y called to mind the Franciscan Friar from Dante’s Inferno who got himself condemned to the...
- Gaetano: Most seminarian s in recent years understand that they must be careful how the speak/act around their superiors. Which topics, prayers, languages, liturgical styles, and even clothing are...
- FrAnt: There is no place of refuge for a person anymore. One used to be able to step into a church to put life into a proper perspectiv e, but no more. Today we are not sure what the church teaches...
- Sandy: “Rub rics are in a sense, a matter of moral theology.& #8221; Wonderful statement as is the whole essay, Father. I would love to give it to the new priest at my parish. He has made the...
- Augustine Thompson O.P.: Dear TonyO, Having done some research on the liturgical and religious history, I think I can explain the origin of the three levels of voice rubrics. First thing to remem...
- Pistis_Alethie: Regarding Martin VS Chaput, I see that some of Fr. Z’s readers still don’ t get it. Martin just responded to ChaputR 17;s column, writing: “I was sorry that he...
- Lurker 59: This is not dissimilar advice than what Fr. Z gives to seminarian s and new associate priests; to whit, be a submarine, keep it to yourself, respect and obedient to those above you, and...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky: It is evident from nearly everything I read or hear about with His Holiness that he learned well and practices consistent ly the “spe ak obscurely& #8221; part. Alas,...
- Hidden One: My Italian is terrible, but the translatio n of “sop portare 221; as “tol erate̶ 1; in this particular instance brings to mind the classic line that we should never...
- Kerry: My dear TonyO. Posted for your enjoyment, this link to Fr. John Hunwicke 8217;s blog, https://li turgicalno tes.blogsp ot.com/sea rch?q=Chri stine+Mohr mann, Mutual Enrichment , for all...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae II: This explains a lot!
- supercooper: Even more off-puttin g to me than Priest Voice (In the Ordinary Form, I’ve never witnessed any type of priest voice in the Extraordin ary Form) is BishopR 17;s Voice. [It...
- thomistking: ChaputR 17;s letter concerning Fr. Martin is masterful. He is gentle and charitable (perhaps to the point of absurdity) but clear and resolute in laying out the principles of the...
- mo7: OK, I had to look up Tall Poppy Syndrome. Thanks, it’s much better nuanced than the condescend ing ‘ove rachiever& #8217;. [Thank you for looking it up!]
- TonyO: Cobbler, good point about the discrimina tion. But he should definitely get a new job lined up first. Imrahil, I feel much the same way about the words said in secret: if that’ ;s what...
- Grant M: I am Groot.
- The Cobbler: If we’r e getting serious, I should recount the anecdote about an atheist blog I once ran across that ranted against “the animistic fallacy 221;, by which he meant not...
- The Cobbler: FrAnt, I believe the meme goes, “I don’ t want to live on this planet anymore. 8221;
- The Cobbler: The image of the horse costume reminds me of a Dudley Do-Right episode in which Snidley Whiplash, realizing that DudleyR 17;s horse is the competent member of the duo (and indeed of...
- The Cobbler: Lurker 59, If I were in your friendR 17;s position, I’d be mighty tempted to get a new job lined up, then accuse those coworkers of discrimina tion based on their gender...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Project to fast and pray for the Church! It’s Ember Friday in September. DO IT!
- NEW BEER OPPORTUNITY from the traditional Benedictine Monks of Norcia
- A revert and the power of a good confession: “I left like a new man.”
- An old Jesuit advised Francis: “Think clearly, but speak obscurely.”
- Tall Poppy Syndrome and two American Bishops
- The priest’s voice and the “priest voice” during Holy Mass. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- The true “pseudo-schismatic” Church in Germany
- Idea for the Pan-Amazonian #Synod2019
- Initiative of Prayer and Fasting from now through October 2019 (and the Synod)
- St. Robert Bellarmine – Pray for us! Help us with your teaching and example!
- ASK FATHER: Did Francis say something heretical about God and our sins?
- Blinky light shoes at Mass
- ASK FATHER: Should I “poison” by Facebook account?
- Of “schism” and the abolition of the USCCB
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 7th Sorrow – The Burial of Jesus
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 6th Sorrow – The Piercing of the Side of Jesus, and His Deposition.
- Jesuit-run Amerika aims at Francis’ “detractors”. Incoherence ensues.
- @JamesMartinSJ and internet bullying
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 5th Sorrow – The Crucifixion of Jesus
- Mind-blowing profundity at the reconstituted John Paul II Institute 2.0
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- VIDEO: Fr. Murray, Prof. Royal on EWTN on Francis’ latest PPP (Papal Plane Presser) comments
- @FatherZ responds to @PhilipPullella of Reuters about the Holy Spirit and the elections of Popes
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 4th Sorrow – Mary meets Jesus on the way to Calvary
- “This is the time God chose for us. Get up off the ground!” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- A roundup on Francis and “schism”
- What is the TMSM up to? Spiffing new BLACK vestments! Photos.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Category Archives: Going Ballistic
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I want to wear a scapular on my bullet proof vest. The best way to do this is to sew a Velcro patch onto one, but would doing that be considered impious or a mistreatment of … Continue reading
This is different. Priests officially opening a new shooting range in Poland earlier this week pic.twitter.com/qF2w7JH5bV — Notes from Poland ?? (@notesfrompoland) November 4, 2018 I have a problem with both of these guys, who don’t seem ever to have … Continue reading
This is a little offbeat. I need to blow off some My father sent an article, as fathers do. It is a riveting article about people who experience attacks by bears by using handguns. When you live in the north … Continue reading
From a reader…. QUAERITUR: Is it morally permissible for one to use lethal force in stopping a predator in a situation of abuse (i.e. in a seminary or elsewhere)? In my opinion, yes. Given that homosexual aggression can be also horrifically … Continue reading
This is interesting from the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald: Philippine Church resists calls to arm priests Church leaders in the Philippines criticised a proposal to arm priests as a protective measure in the wake of recent attacks … Continue reading
It’s 8:08 Saturday morning. You’ve slept in on a day off. Your phone has awakened you with a PING. With a measure of resentment you check The Precious™ for its message. You read it once. And again. And – with … Continue reading
Since it’s Sunday… a friend forwarded this to me from Right Wing News: Tampa church warns: We are armed & ready to use deadly force if a shooter attacks us The churchgoers at River at Tampa Bay Church are taking their … Continue reading
A dear friend sent this nifty story from Philly.com! GLOUCESTER TOWNSHIP, N.J. (CBS) — The Gloucester Township Police Department is hosting a free active shooter training event for local clergy next month. In a bulletin, police say they want to help … Continue reading
In the wake of the recent horrible Texas church massacre, I now have several email conversations going on – with laity and clergy – about having a concealed firearm in church. This is an issue which needs sober assessment by … Continue reading
A few things caught my eye this morning. First, I was amused by an faux pas from the loony anti-gun deranged Left which made wild claims about possible after market customizations of an AR-15 rifle system. HERE In a tweet, … Continue reading
From the Possenti Society. “The St. Gabriel Possenti Society commends Robert Engle of the Burdette Chapel Church of Christ in Antioch, Tennessee for stopping with his handgun a mass murder of congregants during services on Sunday, September 24,” Society chairman … Continue reading
This is great! Thanks to the folks at the NRA for this great way to start the day. Let’s make popcorn and watch the snowflakes freak out. Dana Loesch: We’re Coming For You New York Times
Today is the feast of St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows, Gabriel Possenti, according to the calendar of the Novus Ordo. In the older, traditional Missal we find that 28 February was given to him. 27 February is … Continue reading
Some complete…. jerk… busted one of the tusks off the delightful Bernini elephant in Rome near the Pantheon, in front of S. M. sopra Minerva. HERE In the Rome of Our pontificate, this person would have things broken off of … Continue reading
Both the up-ticket and down-ticket races this election are important. For me, an overriding issue is appointments to the SCOTUS and judiciary. Next, and related to it, is to halt the erosion of our civil rights. One of the rights … Continue reading