Not to be missed…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- mrsmontoya: Blessed Easter Monday, Father! I’d like to download this audio file but the download link only launches the webpage with the imbedded file. Is it possible to get this? I would like to...
- carndt: Our pastor talked about humility. Except that the first 10 MINUTES, he talked about his exploits as a master ping-pong player even as a seminarian . Even showed a 22 second video clip of...
- Cafea Fruor: This reminds me of when I was working in administra tion in a hospital some years back and learned from our ER staff that it’s actually a relatively frequent occurrence for women...
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father!
- SanSan: Father Murray has supernatur al faith. He is one of the best that has been called to speak out on TV these days. Such intelligen ce and grace. I wrote him one time to thank him for his...
- SanSan: OK, morning laugh and then howling bc of all the comments. Too funny. Please get lots of rest today Father Z. It was an amazing Lent for many because of your guidance.
- SanSan: Love this! “O Lord, give us the faith of children and the heart of Yourself.& #8221; Amen! I’ve been to these wonderful stations of the Cross off Interstate 40!
- Robin: Exsultet is truly the high point of the liturgical year for me. I was able to attend a pre-1955 Vigil Mass and it was so wonderful to hear this, beautifull y proclaimed . And I always love...
- SKAY: I know God has a sense of humor. He has puts up with all of us humans every day and still loves us. Amazing. I did something similar yesterday and I can’ t even say I was tired as my...
- rally1042: Missed the Reverend/F ather reference. Father MurrayR 17;s answers are of such clarity, exhibiting his deep sincere faith. A true Priest. He believes! You travel in good company...
- Prayerful: Fr made the point that about the Prophet Jonah being swallowed in the belly of the whale for three days and three nights as prefigurin g the death and Resurrecti on of Christ. Fr argued...
- Gab: Future saint?
- DeGaulle: Happened me this morning, even before I read this-I woke up with a tickly cough, for which I find an inhaler to be quite effective& #8230;and just stopped myself activating it upon...
- Gab: God created kangaroos. That right there tells us He has a sense of humour.
- JonPatrick: At our Eastern Rite Pascha Divine Liturgy, Father spoke about how we tend to see Easter as the end of our Lenten fast (which is very strict in the Eastern Rite) and that we can now...
- grateful: Perhaps it’s God’ s way of telling us not to take life too seriously. He seems to love to get our attention and make us laugh. One of His best kept secrets: His Sense of Humor.
- Gab: LOL. Poor Father. Oh well, he either has hair-free teeth or a gleaming white face. Happy and blessed Easter.
- Grant M: This reminds me of an incident in “My Secret Diary” by Guareschi (creator of Don Camillo). He is interned during the war in a German camp, and receives a smashed food parcel. ‘I went over...
- iamlucky13: AureEntulu va – yes! Great to encounter a neighbor here on the great big internet.
- Traductora: Sweet and beautiful! Happy Easter!
- cdruiz: Our pastor washed the feet of our twelve oldest altar boys, all in cassock and surplice. This was the third year in a row that he has done this, and it is so beautiful and the posit...
- TRW: My grandmothe r took my brother and I camping when we were young. We accidental ly used her tube of Poligrip(d enture adhesive) instead of toothpaste . It was dark out and it took a good few...
- SAHMmy: I knew immediatel y where that photo comes from. It is at The Big Cross in Groom, Texas just off Interstate 40. I LOVE stopping there when I drive cross-coun try each year. It’s one...
- Kathleen10: Or what we did today, husband put his glasses on top of the car, put jacket in the back seat (you’ ;ll remember the glasses right?) then drive away, thump thump thump, glasses are...
- Kathleen10: Children are a great reason to get out of bed in the morning and just keep going.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ASK FATHER: Father used the blessing for a train when blessing my car
- PASCHALCAzT 48 – Easter Monday: Year by year by year
- Wonderful wonderful photo
- It pays to be attentive, especially when you are really tired!
- Your Easter Sunday Sermon Notes
- VIDEO: Fr. Murray on bombings, Easter and our Catholic identity
- PASCHALCAzT 47 – Easter Sunday: Leave the shrouds in the tomb
- ACTION ITEM: Help for a traditional Catholic seminarian continues! – UPDATED… for EASTER!
- Benedict XVI on the Paschal Candle
- WDTPRS and AUDIO: The Exsultet – explained, translated, sung
- JUST TOO COOL: Fr. Z kudos to Our Lady’s Bees! They survived the fire #NDParis
- LENTCAzT 2019 46 – Holy Saturday: The Harrowing of Hell
- POLL: Foot-washing on Holy Thursday where you are – ORDINARY FORM
- “Behold, I make all things new.”
- #GoodFriday and You: Prayers for Holy Souls in Purgatory and Plenary Indulgences
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- Good Friday Reminder: Fasting, Abstaining, and You
- LENTCAzT 2019 45 – Good Friday: The ultimate pulpit
- TMSM: Holy Thursday Mass with the new vestments
- A good article in Crisis about France. Fr. Z adds a short rant.
- LENTCAzT 2019 44 – Holy Thursday: Sin is in the blood
- So a guy with gas cans walks into @StPatsNYC in Midtown Manhattan…
- ARRIVED: Tenebrae Hearse! And a successful bout with Zuhlsdorf’s Law
- PRAYERCAzT: What does the Latin Exorcism really sound like? FOR PRIESTS ONLY – UPDATED
- Fundraising idea for #NotreDame
- VIDEO: Interview with Fr. Jean-Marc Fournier
- WDTPRS – Spy Wednesday, the last Collect of Lent
- VIDEO: Interior of #NotreDame after the fire. WHEW!
- LENTCAzT 2019 43 – Wednesday of Holy Week: In a cataclysm, something must be salvaged.
- VIDEO – The last rite in #NotreDame was… this?
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Category Archives: Green Inkers
Spotted on Twitter: Soooo… Fr. Z is an RC integralist who prays like an evangelical fundamentalist. Ivereigh used to be the editor of a magazine. He has clearly allowed his reading skills to get rusty. Oh, right. He was editor of The Bitter … Continue reading
By now you may have seen the attack on Americans – conservative Americans and traditional Catholic Americans – in what some people consider a semi-official publication of the Holy See Civiltà Cattolica (now aka Inciviltà cattolica). The title in English: “Evangelical Fundamentalism and … Continue reading
This is great! Thanks to the folks at the NRA for this great way to start the day. Let’s make popcorn and watch the snowflakes freak out. Dana Loesch: We’re Coming For You New York Times
The liberal juggernaut … libbernaut? … is well-connected and organized. They work together. Perhaps you saw the NYT’s piece (aka Hell’s Bible) which managed (through fake news) to make an absurd connection between Card. Burke (whom libs hate with the … Continue reading
Over at Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) there is a hypocritical, mendacious piece which I bring to your attention. Peter Feuerhard wrote about the eeeeevils of “restorationism”. This “-ism”, involves “bringing traditionalist approaches to liturgy and governance of parish life”. Imagine such an … Continue reading
I saw a piece at Crux today which left me disappointed. The piece in question is an opinion hit-job by Austen Ivereigh against anyone who dares to suggest that there are problems with Chapter 8 of Amoris laetitia. Ivereigh is a … Continue reading
Every once in a while the Wile E. Coyote of contemporary liberal catholicism over at Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) goes on a venom bender. Michael Sean Winters can last a few weeks without bashing Acton Institute and then he falls off the wagon. … Continue reading
I’ve posted a lot recently, so some good posts have scrolled off the main page. Here are some handy links. First, some important business. NOTE TO REGISTERED READERS ABOUT BLOG DEFENSES AND BANNING Fr. Z’s Voice Mail Monthly donations: a … Continue reading
It’s almost always the case that when I post anything about Religion News Service (RNS), it’s because what they publish is liberal editorializing rather than religious news. David Gibson of RNS seems to go out of his way to make conservative Catholics … Continue reading
Michael Sean Winters of the National Schismatic Reporter brought a smile to my face today! Winters is primarily reacting to Ross Douthat’s recent piece HERE. Douthat commented in his piece on those who are more traditional and how they see Pope Francis. … Continue reading
UPDATE BELOW (Fishwrap closed it’s comments.) ___ Original Published on: Nov 9, 2014 ___