HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Jerome Charles: Richdel, I didn’ ;t say anything about God making them gay– just that God created them. Human beings. And– yes, they are demonized by those in the Church who are...
- DebbieInCT: I second what SanSan said! Thank you, Fr., this was a delight … and I especially love the picture of the Crowned St. JosephR 30;..so beautiful!
- richdel: Until Fr. Martin can produce any kind of Church document or Scriptural reference that supports the notion God makes people “gay ”, then such ideas remain nothing more than the...
- MrsAnchor: As for the Black TMSM Set, the Alternativ e Fabric is Gorgeous reminds me of ICKSP flare̷ 0; I did like the Purple Version of Filigree below it, as it had subtler Range of color that...
- Jerome Charles: Josephus Corvus, I don’ t get the impression that that is Fr. MartinR 17;s agenda. He’s not encouragin g gay marriage. He’s been clear that he is advocating for...
- bibi1003: Bishop John Stowe of the Diocese of Lexington, KY. Read what he had to say in his op-ed about the Covington Catholic boys, MAGA hats, immigratio n and abortion at kentucky.c om.
- iamlucky13: ” The fact that he doesn’t support Salvini raises serious questions about his pontificat e” I’m not very well versed on Italian p0litics, but I can’ t help but...
- richiedel: I find the identifica tion of Lumen Gentium as a golden calf of progressiv es evocative. I used to feel the same way about five years ago. I have come to think more and more, howev...
- richiedel: Thanks for the photos of the uplifting artwork, Fr. Z!
- SanSan: I love walking through Rome with you!
- The Egyptian: whats wrong, everything on that wood platform, all of it, would make a good bonfire. spirit of v2 my hintern
- Jerome Charles: Fr Martin Fox– well said. And, as a parent, how am I to know who to trust? I’m sure plenty of pedophile priests seem entirely trustworth y. If a priest was showing...
- acardnal: Concelebra tion as it should be.
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): Interestin g that the signature “SPQR” still continues in use!
- Diana: Wonderful! ! I love it when you travel and share. :)
- pbnelson: Wonderful pictures, Father. My family and I attended mass at Trinitas numerous times last fall, and your pictures bring back memories. I wish we were back there!
- Josephus Corvus: Jerome Charles said: This is no different than Jesus did… The big difference is that Jesus followed up with something like “Fro m now on avoid this sin so that someth...
- SanSan: HOW DEEP WILL THE DARKNESS BE?
- Semper Gumby: Eoin OBolguidhi r: Thanks for the movie recommenda tion. Good point about the god of the Koran, three examples: 113:2 Allah created evil 5:32 Note that killing for “cau sing...
- Fr Martin Fox: I read that report too, and it made me sick. As horrible as it is to read, there is something good about this report. Namely, it gives a very concrete image of what predatory ̶...
- Gregg the Obscure: it was with good reason that the civilized world referred to “the UNSPEAKABL E crime against natureR 21;. there isn’ t good reason for perversion to be mentio...
- Semper Gumby: Thank you Fr. Z for the photos and travel writing. Please keep an eye out for scudos and scootas. (Mea culpa for that one Faddah.) acardnal: Sure, a travel bottle of ketchup will...
- SanSan: Time to really look at our parishes and young boys who are continuall y being “loo ked after̶ 1; by certain clergy. It’s so sad that it has come to this. Those parishione rs...
- hwriggles4: Fr Z Good job on the contraptio n for the shower. When I was a Boy Scout, we were taught to use our resources and think. You did what works. I was also glad my dad trained my broth...
- Just Some Guy: This report was highly disturbing . But it is what people need to hear to realize the severity of our current problem. This is on tape. All the other abuse over the decades, similar...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- PARIS: 500 undocumented Africans stormed, seized Terminal 2 of CDG airport
- Rome Day 4: Of crashing ceilings, weeping parents, and the dust and hearts of saints
- @Church_Militant report on a twisted priest-predator has a familiar ring
- Card. Müller on deaconettes. “No.”
- Rome Day 3: Roman trash talk, perspiration, and prostitutes
- Requests for GREGORIAN MASSES and PRIESTS who can say them
- Persecuted Fr. Kalchik responds to homosexualist Jesuit Martin
- Anniversary of a turning point in Christian history
- NEW FROM MITSUI! Our Lady Untier of Knots
- Stupid angry lib (I know, tautology) at The Atlantic against priesthood
- Rome Day 1-2: Views, fabrics and eats
- My View For Awhile: All Roads Edition
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Easter (1962MR): The smoke of Satan
- WDTPRS – 5th Sunday of Easter: The prayer’s very word order reveals God’s love
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Saturday: QSL Cards and some firsts
- VIDEO: Diaconate Ordination of the the Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter @CSPOrd
- Donations, PayPal, alternatives, and you
- Irish Ass. of Catholic Priests in toddler meltdown mode against Francis over no women deacons
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Thursday: ZedNet, my first pile up, and remote from GITMO and… Vatican City?
- GERMANY: Pro-women’s ordination group: “We want to take Mary off her pedestal”
- What’s up at the southern border of these USA
- Lib liturgy positivists force people to stand after Communion
- Student ‘steals’ pro-life sign on camera, gets arrested, but she’s the victim!
- Benedict XVI’s recent essay is a subtle correction of Amoris laetitia ch. 8
- 15-18 July 2019: East Coast Priest Conference in Wheeling, WV – looks good!
- NEW BOOK from Martin Mosebach – Subversive Catholicism: Papacy, Liturgy, Church
- ASK FATHER: The TLM’s Orationes Diversae and Oratio Imperata
- Historic chasuble rediviva
- MULTIPLE CMEs ARE COMING – GEOMAGNETIC STORM UNDERWAY NOW
- The shortage of priests didn’t just happen by itself, it was engineered.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Category Archives: Hard-Identity Catholicism
NB: FAST AND ABSTINENCE! We begin now a series of daily 5 minute podcasts for Lent. They are intended to give you a small boost every day, a little encouragement in your own use of this holy season. I provide these … Continue reading
From the Catholic Herald. My emphases and comments: Traditional Latin Mass attendees more devout and orthodox, study says A new survey suggests Catholics who attend the Old Rite are more faithful to Church teaching Catholics in the US who attend the … Continue reading
Open Letter From Cardinals Burke and Brandmüller to Conferences of Bishops: “The plague of the homosexual agenda has been spread within the Church”
Open Letter From Cardinal Burke and Cardinal Brandmüller to Conferences of Bishops My emphases and comments: Open Letter to the Presidents of the Conferences of Bishops Dear Brothers, Presidents of the Conferences of Bishops, We turn to you with deep … Continue reading
Fr. Rutler’s Weekly Column February, 17, 2019 Like the optimist who sees a glass of water half-full and the pessimist who sees it half-empty, people assess the times in which they live by their personality. Each age has had its … Continue reading
Preserving Christian Publications has reprinted a 1962 Parish Ritual. Hooray! This book includes what the Collectio Rituum had but it includes more items and moments useful for parish life. It’s like the British Sacristy Manual, but it is set up for use in these USA. … Continue reading
Gerhald Ludwig Card. Müller, former Prefect of the CDF, has issued a “Manifesto of Faith”. It has a title reference of “Let not your heart be troubled!” (John 14:1). You can get the text HERE. The idea clearly is that … Continue reading
This Sunday we have what often winds up as a “left over”, or a “remaining” or even a “Where the heck is this Sunday in my Missal?!?” Sunday. Because the vagueries of your planets Moon, this year we get quite … Continue reading
Here is a quick PODCAzT partly to get me going again and partly because the topic really got my mind going. Today we hear from Martin Mosebach’s wondrous The Heresy of Formlessness: The Roman Liturgy and Its Enemy (Revised and … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Could you recommend 1-2 songs for all of us to memorize so, should we find ourselves being marched somewhere or on a plane in danger or any situation where we may be heading towards our death, … Continue reading
Today is Candlemas Eve, and tomorrow is the Feast of the Purification, as it is traditionally called. It celebrates also the Presentation of the Lord in the Temple. We call it Candlemas because, with the references to light in the … Continue reading
The other day, Archbp. Vigano, bless him, issued a public letter in which he calls for disgraced Theodore McCarrick publicly to repent. I have on various occasions opined that bishops should prostrate themselves in the steps of their cathedrals in … Continue reading
From a reader…. QUAERITUR: I’m presenting an argument, I know that “St. Gertrude’s Prayer doesn’t release 1000 souls, although she was very saintly like so I don’t deny that her fervor in prayer released many souls, HOWEVER, I am uneasy … Continue reading
Let me begin with several hooks upon which we can hang some useful ideas as we look down the line at an article from Regis Nichols at Crisis. First, in April 2017, a preface Benedict XVI wrote for the Russian translation … Continue reading