Fr. Z’s Rome Trip Fund…CLICK TO SEND ME FAR AWAY!
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Glennonite said Marytoo: re: the words of consecration, I have alw...
- eiggam said Enjoy your time in Grand Rapids. They are a happy...
- Kypapist said Reg: Hilarious! I didn’t know “O̵
- Midwest St. Michael said “Michael is one of the nicest guys you’ll ev...
- dmreed said Ah come on Father, do you know how upset it makes...
- OBAMA’S WAR AGAINST CHRIST | PatriotsBillboard said [...] John Zuhlsdorf quoted the Observer’s article...
- robtbrown said The charbroiled oysters at Drago’s in Metair...
- Jim said “Michael is one of the nicest guys you’ll ev...
- Fr. Thomas Kocik said The Ordinary Form in its most recent edition (2002...
- John of Chicago said or “summary”–works both ways for
- SimonDodd said carolina publican says: “[I]t seems to me th...
- John Nolan said 18 June is also the anniversary of the Battle of W...
- CMartin said I found a TLM Mass in the Twin Cities! Every Sund...
- Suburbanbanshee said Here’s an interesting video presentation on...
- Life and Liturgy | While Away at Benedictine College said [...] Learn about the use of the vernacular in the...
- pelerin said Therese mentions a ‘liturgical change coming...
- Andrew said DECRETUM Paternas vices erga Jesum exercens, in oe...
- Imrahil said Dear @Tina-in-Ashburn, well, I did read the bull n...
- Supertradmum said oops take–glasses wrong!!!!prescription̷
- Supertradmum said Thanks, she decided to send in builders to fix it...
- Stephen Matthew said Even those things not especially apocalyptic or di...
- Stephen Matthew said Solemn Vespers in a Cathedral, (particularly joine...
- Stephen Matthew said I should rather not hear the readings, or any othe...
- VexillaRegis said Dear Supertradmum, I’m praying for you!
- Supertradmum said urgent..house I had to live in for six months is n...
- Charivari Rob said Thank you, PostCatholic – that made it easy...
- Therese said Thanks, Father G, for running that St. Joseph prop...
- Maltese said History is written by those who write history.
- Therese said “There’s a liturgical change coming up that...
- Del said My confession: I can tolerate guitar strumming, b...
Show public support!
Wyoming Catholic College!
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Acton U 2013: Day 1 (with UPDATES)
- “Better to die honorably in the field than ignominiously hang upon the gallows.”
- ACTION ITEM! ST. JOSEPH’s name NOW in Eucharistic Prayers II, III, IV
- “When ‘Guitar Masses’ became a chew toy between traditionalists and progressives
- Pres. Obama sticks his nose into Catholic education in IRELAND
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- What is your good news?
- QUAERITUR: Wouldn’t audible prayers in the Extraordinary Form be better?
- Request for Prayers
- WDTPRS 11th Ordinary Sunday: God begins and completes the meritorious things we do
- WDTPRS 4th Sunday after Pentecost – Our rebellious wills.
- Irish PM ‘c’atholic Enda Kenny – what a classy guy
- What is “lobby” all about in the Vatican “gay lobby” chatter going on?
- POLLS: Latin and/or Vernacular at Low Mass (TLM)
- Hunger Bones
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS and MASS for benefactors
- QUAERITUR: Vernacular only readings in traditional Low Mass?
- Different confessional practices/customs around the world
- CLERGY and CLERGY ON CALL Car Magnets
- Want a TLM in your parish? Here is how it was done in one place!
- QUAERITUR: Confessional etiquette
- Catholic League’s head: Pope Francis should expel Vatican’s ‘Gay Lobby’
- Human rights? Over-rated.
- Nancy Pelosi: late-term abortion “sacred ground”
- WISCONSIN: Legislation requiring ultrasounds
- Of Star Wars and Immanentism and Birdcages and Elite Snobbery. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Schadenfreude and Reform of the Roman Curia
- QUAERITUR: Distance of a priest’s valid consecration
- Document ready for close of Year of Faith
- Of Devils and Agencies and Metadata and You
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… check it out!
You keep this blog going.
Category Archives: “How To…” – Practical Notes
Yes, this one got me a little excited.
In the past I have posted about a very cool priest, Fr. Richard Heilman, pastor of glorious Pine Bluff, WI. You may recall that he founded a group called the Knights of Divine … Continue reading
I had a useful and edifying experience today. In a way what happened today dovetails with what I experienced a week or so ago when I carried the Blessed Sacrament for Corpus Christi in the streets of Manhattan. But … Continue reading
From a reader:
I thought you might like to know that the Auxiliary Bishop of
Indianapolis, Bishop Christopher Coyne, celebrated an ad orientem Anglican Use Mass with Confirmations and a First Communion. Here is a link to the info: HERE
You have written about Bishop … Continue reading
From a reader about to be ordained:
About a month ago you blogged that new priest blessings don’t specifically have indulgences attached to them and recommended future ordinands ask their bishop to send a letter to the apostolic penitentiary so that … Continue reading
At Rorate I saw something (translated there from Italian) from the blog Radicati nella fede, for the Catholic community of Domodossola and Vocogno in the Diocese of Novara.
This is a cri de coeur, if there ever was one.
My emphases … Continue reading
I recently put on the side bar of this blog a widget with a link to some freeze-dried ready meals. Add boiling water to the package, seal, wait, eat. I ordered some.
Today I got out my little stove and gave … Continue reading
From a reader:
What does canon law say about becoming a member of a parish outside of the geographical jurisdiction of the parish closest to you? For example: Joining another parish farther away from you, but in your diocese, because the … Continue reading
From a reader:
Could you hypothetically foresee Rome allowing Masses to
be celebrated extra-terrestrially? While it might seem more possible on the Moon or a planet, what about zero-gravity where things can’t be poured and other difficulties would arise?
We apply the analogy of Masses … Continue reading