Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Here's Fr. Z's
"catholic" search for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- JustaSinner: So no confession s from the astronauts on the ISS in low Earth orbit?
- APX: Our statues were veiled after Mass.
- Matt C. Abbott: I’m keeping the Canons Regular in my prayers. They’ ;re good priests.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- LENTCAzT 2018 34 – Monday – 5th Week of Lent, Passiontide: sin makes you stoopid
- ASK FATHER: Absolution at jail through glass, phone in visitor’s room
- The fruits of dumbing everything down, down, ever down.
- REALLY BAD NEWS from St. John Cantius in Chicago – @SJCantius
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes and Passion Sunday POLL: veils on images
- LENTCAzT 2018 33 – 1st Passion Sunday, 5th of Lent: marked with the light of Thy countenance
- Dumb down liturgy. Great idea, right?
- UPDATE: Even more comes about The Letter™: additional missing text
- FSSP North America Blog
- WDTPRS 5th Sunday of Lent: Undergoing liturgical death
- “Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,…” The Lorica of St Patrick
- LENTCAzT 2018 32 – Saturday in the 4th Week of Lent: ungenerous, unscrupulous
- UPDATES – More of and about The Letter™ of Benedict XVI on the booklets
- Fr. Stravinskas breaks it down to the essential
- The Three Days of Darkness 2018 are underway in LA!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- LENTCAzT 2018 31 – Friday in the 4th Week of Lent: Innocence, Penitence, Priesthood
- ASK FATHER: Blessing objects through plastic wrapper, box, etc.
- UPDATE – JUST TOO COOL! Battle Flag of LEPANTO reproduction available!
- Card. Kasper: homosexual relationships are analogous to marriages
- LENTCAzT 2018 30 – Thursday in the 4th Week of Lent: Priests and confidence
- NEEDFUL BOOKS NOTICE and a maternal CHALLENGE COIN update
- A “digital” Synod?
- LENTCAzT 2018 29 – Wednesday in the 4th Week of Lent: Suicidal Secularization v. The Mass
- My View For Awhile: Maternal Edition
- UK: 29 April 2018 – Rosary on the Coast – London Oratory Trip to Ramsgate
- LENTCAzT 2018 28 – Tuesday in the 4th Week of Lent: “They would pay any price for an hour!”
- @CatholicCincy repudiates @JamesMartinSJ et al. homosexualist event
- Priestly Feedback: “entirely familiar realm in an entirely hostile world”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
GREAT causes to support
Please follow me on Twitter!
A book by an old friend…
Category Archives: “How To…” – Practical Notes
I just received an email from a priest who informed me that today is the 200th anniversary of the day that St. John Vianney, arrived at his parish in Ars and began his work as a pastor with the care … Continue reading
From a reader…
Is there any authoritative rubric for the Extraordinary Form that requires statues and crosses be veiled in Church, or is it simply customary?
Our Extraordinary Form community is domiciled in a location that does not currently veil, and doesn’t … Continue reading
At the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald, there is a great article about the Pop Art icon Andy Warhol and Warhol’s faith and piety.
This may surprise some people: he was devout and practiced his faith… which is rather … Continue reading
The Enemy of the soul, the Devil, is a real, personal, fallen angelic being. He and all the powers of hell, fallen angels of every grade in the hierarchy, hate you. They work tirelessly to move you away from God … Continue reading
From a reader…
First, thank you for everything that you do in Our Lord’s Vineyard.
Your website is greatly beneficial for myself and countless others.
I was wondering, could one’s tithing count towards purchasing items made by monks or nun, i.e. the Benedictines … Continue reading
From a reader…
Why is it that it seems common practice at daily Masses in the EF to not preach (and thus not repeat the readings in English)? Would it be illicit to do so? Might this be a case where … Continue reading
From a reader…
In the 1962 Rubrics, Votive Mass of any Saint with an entry in the Roman Martyrology. Does this include the current Martyrology?
No and yes.
No, in the sense that Summorum Pontificum authorized the use of the books in force in … Continue reading
From a reader…
I work in an office for 8 hours each weekday. Any physical activity I can get is a welcome relief. Am I able to work out on Sundays without violating the third commandment?
Let’s turn first to the Catechism of … Continue reading
I was sent a story from the Miami Herald about an ER nurse who is FED UP.
How NOT to spread the flu around.
There is a story and a VIDEO
Please, everyone, pay attention and use simple, thoughtful steps.
And if you have … Continue reading
I recently had a couple questions from a reader about a priest who regularly paraphrases the readings, especially the Gospel. He asks how he should handle this problem: should he approach the priest?
It’s hard to know how to counsel him. … Continue reading