- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- The Masked Chicken said Dear Torpedo1, Of course, you may use the comment....
- kat said Welcome to Detroit, Father! I love the DIA, but do...
- Nicholas said Of all Pope Francis bashing, this is the most nons...
- Kerry said If the art is auctioned away, will any wealthy lib...
- Netmilsmom said People are forgetting “free will”. Gov...
- PA mom said Mark Steyn has thoughts on the loss of work and it...
- Netmilsmom said Thank you Father!
- Unwilling said To get it out of the way: nothing Francis said can...
- Mike said That any attempt to justify the piece must be made...
- markomalley said Please record a stat for each day this week (even...
- PopeWatch: Deliberate Mistranslation? | The American Catholic said [...] I have been following, and for the benefit o...
- The Pope and Capitalism said [...] Benedict XVI) Vita Consecrata (On the Consec...
- BLB Oregon said I’m a bit uncomfortable with such strong obj...
- Reginald Pole said Hopefully the DIA’s art will be declared not...
- TXKathi said Chiming in -
- Joe of St Thérèse said The good judge is right in his analysis. He doesn&...
- The Anglican Ord. Is More Beautiful in Action than in Theory - BP said [...] Strange Notions Poverty Or Income Equality?...
- Xmenno said I recently returned from my second trip to Rome, h...
- robtbrown said Father Maurer says: In the meantime, lectors are...
- Gail F said Also, it looks more Danish to me than German.
- JARay said I rather like what Andrew Napolitano is saying.
- Gail F said I’m sure I’ve seen a tabernacle by thi...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Patra: I should be around.
- LadyMarchmain said Basher, your point is well taken, and I would even...
- Patra said Oops! I meant to say this Sunday at 9:30 Mass. S...
- Patra said I love wandering through the DIA. I’ve vis...
- jmgarciajr said Venerator Sti Lot: Here’s my understanding o...
- Shaolin, Snow, and Hope | confusionandknitting said [...] here. This time its on hope. Hope that we sh...
- gatormom said I don’t understand. I agree with everything...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Wow! I just explored the St. Nicholas Center page...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Category Archives: “How To…” – Practical Notes
Here is something that really caught my eye.
If this is the real thing, if… this is the real thing… this is huge. It is plausible, but I want to take it with just a grain of salt. This smells pretty … Continue reading
Today I called the office of my congressman and told the intern who answered that I want the congressman to vote in favor of H.R. 3350, the Keep Your Health Plan Act, which is coming up for a vote. My … Continue reading
I like this bishop. He is the sort of bishop that Archbp. Mennini – Nuncio to England and Wales – is helping to appoint. I remember his “inaugural” sermon as the newly “installed” bishop. HERE
From the best Catholic weekly … Continue reading
Now that we have the fluffiest and most wonderfullest Pope ehvurr, Pope Francis, and now that bishops are supposed to be “pastoral”, liberals will start more and more often to claim that bishops should start caving in on the HHS … Continue reading
From a reader:
Hello Father, I noticed one of the priests at my parish always seems to use a glass chalice for the Eucharist. Seems clear from more than a few previous posts I see here at WDTPRS that a glass … Continue reading
A massive storm has devastated the Philippines. Thousands are dead. Some 10,000 are dead. Who knows how many are injured and displaced.
I will say Mass for the dead from the storm tomorrow, Monday. I am sure you will join your … Continue reading
Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) has yet another attack piece against the important collection to be taken up this weekend for the Archdiocese for Military Services.
In other words they are attacking Catholic chaplains.
In the latest divisive hate piece Fishwrap has this suggestion:
Outside … Continue reading
From a reader:
Can a couple get married on a holy day of obligation?
What about (more generally) on a Sunday (which, in a certain sense, is a holy day of obligation)?
The Rite of Marriage may be used anytime except during the … Continue reading
From a reader:
Firstly, thank you for such a wonderful blog. Your analysis, insights, humor, and pastoral concern are all blessings in my daily life.
Of particular interest are the prayers that you post. I came into the Church this past Easter … Continue reading
From a reader:
Can a child who has not yet made their First Holy Communion obtain indulgences for the holy souls in purgatory on All Souls Day? My 5 year old would love to do this but I don’t want to … Continue reading