HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Gab: “Per haps it’s time to begin preparing our conscience s for the day that some bishops’ conference tries to ordain women and the Vatican declines to correct them, or even accepts it....
- fr.ignatius: Historical ly this event was one of the greatest disasters in the history of our ChurchR 30; perhaps many Jesuits have lost the plot today, but historical ly they were the impetus...
- JuliB: I used to follow his blog, and thought he was a pretty decent apologist. I don’ t expect to agree with anyone 100% of the time, so tended to overlook some of his opinions. Howev...
- jaykay: Elizzabeth : you are of course correct. In fact, I had heard them before, as part of John Elliott Gardner 217;s choirs in his great 1989 recording of the Monteverdi Vespers in St....
- JonathanTX: Perhaps it’s time to begin preparing our conscience s for the day that some bishops 217; conference tries to ordain women and the Vatican declines to correct them, or even...
- L.: Of course, we need reform. In my own diocese, reform will begin with the appointmen t of a new bishop. I was impressed, Fr. Z, that when you were here recently for the conference at Oglebay...
- ChrisP: mcferran: check your assumemora lhighgroun d.exe file. It failed. The world is populated by grown ups – welcome to join it.
- Jacob: For those who don’ t want to stay up to watch walking on the moon later tonight US time, CBS News is streaming its coverage all in one go, the landing and then the walk, on Youtube. So...
- Gab: This post and the “Rig ht now you are being huntedR 21; post should be merged … or read with the other post in mind. “Joh n Paul II declared in his 1994 Apostolic Letter...
- Hidden One: Neque “Chr istus̶ 1; neque “viv it”.
- thomas777: I love the off label use of this photo. Everyone knows that Gandalf does not always drink coffee but when he does Gandalf makes it a Mystic Monk coffee!!!
- Andreas: I’m listening/ watching the ‘Apo llo 11 in Real Time’ ; website right now; the LM has just landed. It is addictive and I am loathe to break away and head off for bed...
- BrionyB: It’s striking how “servants” , “grace”, and “commands” were all neatly removed from the old translatio n. Nicely sums up the problems with the mindset that produced it! Also, seeing the...
- Gregg the Obscure: i remember the day well. we went to “Aun t” Clara̵ 7;s (really my mom’ s second cousin who we didn’ ;t see all that often). she hosted a pretty big...
- Bob B.: When I see Apollo 13 and the scene where everyone is watching Neil Armstrong walk on the Moon, I remember my family gathered around the TV, as well. My father had worked at Cape Canave...
- mcferran: It’s just plain uncharitab le to make fun of somebody 8217;s name. The fact that Professor Faggioli may be uncharitab le to others (even his own ordinary) does not give license to...
- Jacob: Apollo 11 in Real Time https://ap olloinreal time.org/ Apollo 11 Live TV (Cronkite) Coverage https://ko ttke.org/a pollo-11/
- Kathleen10: I totally heard that with his voice, fantastic. Oh, if only! I have come to realize fully in the last couple of days there really is such a thing as TDS and it’s pretty incredi...
- Semper Gumby: That was great, thanks Fr. Z. Hmm… By the shores of the Red Sea c. 1250 BC… A man in a robe with a distinctiv e hairstyle climbs up on a rock and addresses a crowd of...
- BrionyB: This is so sad and frustratin g. It’s obvious that all these events and synods are biased from the start and set up to reach a foregone conclusion , but although we can all see it,...
- APX: And here I thought this would be a post on a great, yet frugal, beans and rice dish you came up with. *disappoin ted* [Yes, Beans does disappoint .]
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: TxLurker: I’ve written more in depth about this HERE. I wrote inter alia: If the water does not touch the head, at least the hair of the head, the baptism is inval...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): Of course the Internatio nal Youth Forum was filled with plants.
- TxLurker: “The re is a trinitaria n form while water is delivered by pouring, sprinkling , immersing, on the skin of the head or, if absolutely necessary and the head can’t be reach...
- AA Cunningham: The real question is whether or not the diminutive Cruise will have to sit on phone books while being filmed in the Super Hornet cockpit as he did in the Tomcat cockpit.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- FEAST DAY! 21 July 1773 – Clement XIV suppressed the Jesuits!
- WDTPRS – 16th Ordinary Sunday: Right now you are being hunted
- Mass texts for St. Elijah, Prophet – 20 July
- 20 July 1969 – Man on the Moon – 50 years ago
- Beans, beans, the musical fruit
- Pres. Trump running for Pope
- Building recruits for the New catholic Red Guards!
- New music from the London Oratory: Sacred Treasures of Spain!
- Toxic Masculinity and Sequels
- What a difference a day made
- ASK FATHER: Traditional “Supplied rites” after emergency or modern rite baptism
- Sick-Call Sets and You
- Day 2 – St. Paul Center Priesthood Conference
- 17 July 1794: “Mother, permission to die?”
- URGENT ACTION ITEM: Note from long-time reader who is dying
- 16 July 1969 – #Apollo11 and Our Lady of Mt Carmel
- Day 1 – St. Paul Center Priesthood Conference
- Mark Shea is sad because seminarians are Catholic
- Amazon Prime Day Discounts
- My View For Awhile: To the East and to priests
- Good VIDEO for people who aren’t familiar with the TLM or with our traditions
- ASK FATHER: Sex before Communion
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – GO TO CONFESSION! – VIDEO
- 13 July: St. Ezra (Esdras), Old Testament Prophet and some spectacular baroque musical weirdness
- SSPX video of their amazing new US church project.
- BOOK: In Praise of the Tridentine Mass and of Latin, Language of the Church
- WDTPRS – 15th Ordinary Sunday: Too far right or too far left, we wind up in the ditch in the dark
- “Damn!”, quoth I. “That’s the spirit.” Coasties getting the job done.
- How credible is “credible” in allegations against priests?
- Tour Talk – #TDF2019 @Le_Tour Stage 6
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Category Archives: Just Too Cool
The 75th Anniversary of D-Day is 6 June. Today, however, is 75th Anniversary of the Liberation of Rome. In the following video, you can see among other things the invasion of Anzio, just below the Castelli Romani across the plain … Continue reading
Once upon a time I was an avid chess player. I was never into fancy boards and pieces, but I do appreciate fine work. But even if you aren’t especially interested in chess itself, this is a story for your … Continue reading
There are many images of the Lord’s Ascension to heaven through history, and rightly so. This is probably the greatest of all the Feasts of the Lord and for our own humanity. Imagine! Our humanity is seated – RIGHT NOW – at … Continue reading
There’s an important post at the UK’s Catholic Herald today. It has to do with the HERE I’m always going on about how, for success, every initiative we undertake in the Church has to start in and go back to … Continue reading
A friend – quite the eclectic reader – sent an interesting piece from The Telegraph of a few years back. 10 Great Meals In Literature Wow. Great idea. How did the selector do? Let’s see. 1) Mad Hatters Tea … Continue reading
Precisely in this time of year, it is the anniversary of the Great Siege of Malta, by the invading infidel Muslim under Suliman, called by some “the Magnificent”. This was a key moment in Western history, given the strategic importance … Continue reading
As we journey from the passion and Easter toward Ascension and Pentecost, the Church in Holy Mass leads us through meditations on the fruits of the Resurrection and our baptism. Our mysterious procession was made possible by the Cross. Our … Continue reading
Here is a video of an ordination to the diaconate of men for the Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter, at their Cathedral of Our Lady of Walsingham in Houston, TX. The rite uses their English translation. If nothing … Continue reading
I received a video which has some good grist for our Catholic identity mills. First, note that people are happy. Joy is a mark of the working of the Holy Spirit. Even in adversity it is possible to have Christian … Continue reading
Several kind souls have sent this video and I have heard about this young man from friends in Kansas City for some time now. You can see also my friends Fr. Matthew Bartulica and Fr. Shawn Tunink (who has a … Continue reading
I always enjoy the updates from the Monks in Norcia, Italy. They’ve brought the beautiful Benedictine life back to the place of Benedict’s birth and they make great beer! They sent out a newsletter with updates about their life. I … Continue reading
Just a reminder to any hams out there who might be interested in ZedNet. ZedNet is Brandmeister DMR worldwide talkgroup 31429 More HERE. But quickly… Also, for you who are into this digital stuff, ZedNet still exists on the Yaesu System … Continue reading
Matthew 19:14 At Stately Blaska Manor I saw this wonderful photo: If this doesn’t move a cold heart or two, then I don’t know what will. Matthew 18:3
UPDATE BELOW! “All of you who stand fast in the Lord are a holy seed, a new colony of bees, the very flower of our ministry and fruit of our toil, my joy and my crown.” – St. Augustine of … Continue reading